Guns, The 2nd Amendment and the Legitimacy of Their Necessity

Mr. Chatywin et al.

Would Obama have endeared himself to you if he'd chosen to invoke Vlad Putin as his model of authoritarian abuse of power?

https://www.rt.com/news/206703-russia-guns-self-defense/

Russia now has less restrictive gun laws than Australia, where self defense is not a legitimate reason to own, let alone carry, a firearm.

Let's not even get started on the UK, which makes Australia look like Texas.

https://www.rt.com/news/206703-russia-guns-self-defense/

Russia now has less restrictive gun laws than Australia, where self defense is not a legitimate reason to own, let alone carry, a firearm.

Let's not even get started on the UK, which makes Australia look like Texas.

Got it. Your opinion of repressive foreign dictators is determined by whether or not they let you own all the guns you want. 

Completely unrelated, but I went to the Memphis Bass Pro while visiting my family (if you have a spare hour while driving through, it's worth it just to stop and stare.  They repurposed an old convention center, with lakes all throughout the ground floor with fish swimming in them, alligator aquariums, a ridiculous selection, etc).  

They had an $83,000 Beretta break open shotgun.  Beautiful thing, but the thought of buying a $700 Remington shotgun, a $30,000 Ram 1500 Lone Star, a $15,000 Artic Cat offroader, and a $30,000 boat, and another few thousand to put in a savings fund seemed so much more sensible.

Jon,

Over under or side by side?

Over under.  Was really beautiful.  wish I had taken a picture of it while it was there, because it's not on Bass Pro's online site.  It had a large display case to itself, a really unique wood grain for the stock, engraved silver plating.  The little placard said it was over 600 hours of master craftsman work.  

But damn, my $700 Remington 870 Wingmaster is beautiful too, and I can literally buy 100 of them and still not hit that Beretta cost.

You need to get laid. 

Yes, I do, but that doesn't mean a proper wood carved stock, and not the cheap looking crap they do now to compete with synthetic stocks, can't be appreciated.  So glad I bought my deer rifle and was gifted my 870 before the synthetics completely changed the market on reasonably priced firearms.

Swiss have among the highest concentration of firearms in Europe, lowest rates of crime.

Mandatory military service.

In response to the massive social unrest brought into Europe by reckless liberal immigration policies, one of her top military officers urges their citizens to prepare for what lies ahead by arming themselves.

No conspiracy. Merely the opinion of a General charged with defending his nation.

Archived