Who is going to be promoted to main cast in Season 6?

Lady of Butterflies

3 hours ago, Channel4s-JonSnow said:

Dany is 13 in the books. I doubt that would look cool onscreen.

That I agree with you but the sexual situation was already there in the books, the show did not create that, they aged up the actress to be in accordance with the law. It is the creations by choice to age up/sex up that is questionable.

13 hours ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

That I agree with you but the sexual situation was already there in the books, the show did not create that, they aged up the actress to be in accordance with the law. It is the creations by choice to age up/sex up that is questionable.

My point is that they aren't ageing characters up in order to sex them up, but in order to get better performances, and in many cases AVOID a lot of the dodgy situations GRRM has set up, such as Dany. You are seeing their motivation as sexual because you have a warped world view of what is going on.

1 hour ago, Channel4s-JonSnow said:

My point is that they aren't ageing characters up in order to sex them up, but in order to get better performances, and in many cases AVOID a lot of the dodgy situations GRRM has set up, such as Dany. You are seeing their motivation as sexual because you have a warped world view of what is going on.

I respectfully disagree

On 12/12/2015 at 6:06 AM, Wyman Manderly's Meat Pies said:

He was criminally underused. If we're to get more Dorne. Make it Doran and Areo, not the Sand Snakes. 

Speaking of underused amazing actors. Adewale Akkinoye Agbaje was a god damned cameo. What was the point? Dude is one of my favorite actors and he gets to laugh about Dwarf cocks. What a waste.

He was wasted, a shame. As were Anton Lesser, Hinds, Pryce, Siddig, Michael McElhatton, and many more. And just wait to see what they'll do to von Sydow, 

3 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

He was wasted, a shame. As were Anton Lesser, Hinds, Pryce, Siddig, Michael McElhatton, and many more. And just wait to see what they'll do to von Sydow, 

Siddig I'd agree with, although I don't think hes that good an actor.

All the others I'm not sure I understand what more you want. Roose Bolton has been consistantly excellent, given no smaller a role than in the books, Pryce was awesome last season, given a bigger role than in the books. 

On Friday, February 5, 2016 at 2:17 PM, Lord Fauntleroy said:

Since the Ironborn seem to be making their entrance finally my bets are on Eur-tarion (they'll probably combine Vic and Euron) debut and Asha coming back.

Do you think there are chances they are going to make a hybrid of Aeron/Victarion? I know it's weird, but i think it would work if they mix Aeron's religious fundamentalism with Victarion's backstory. At least it would be better than having Eur-tarion in my opinion. 

2 hours ago, The Arthur Smith said:

Do you think there are chances they are going to make a hybrid of Aeron/Victarion? I know it's weird, but i think it would work if they mix Aeron's religious fundamentalism with Victarion's backstory. At least it would be better than having Eur-tarion in my opinion. 

That would be the best case scenario of any Greyjoy fusions. Eur-tarion or Yar-tarion would be awful. 

2 hours ago, The Arthur Smith said:

Aeron will be close to book version(Cogman's favourite character) and Yara maybe merged with Victarion or they'll scrap all of his storyline. Dany already has her ships to travel to Westeros and maybe Volanese fleet also.

13 minutes ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Aeron will be close to book version(Cogman's favourite character) and Yara maybe merged with Victarion or they'll scrap all of his storyline. Dany already has her ships to travel to Westeros and maybe Volanese fleet also.

Yara doesn't have any of Victarion's brute and strength. The only merge i can think of is her being the candidate rival to Euron at the Kingsmoot and like you said, it would be pointless for Yara to follow Victarion's storyline if Dany already have ships and fleet. Aer-tarion would make sense considering he hates Euron and is also the potential heir to the Seastone Chair. It doesn't help that Aeron and Victarion are quite 2-dimensional characters - Aeron being a straight up religious nut who is the most detestable POV character and Victarion will obviously die when he meet Dany. But then again, I can never guess what D&D is thinking.

Just now, The Arthur Smith said:

Yara doesn't have any of Victarion's brute and strength. The only merge i can think of is her being the candidate rival to Euron at the Kingsmoot and like you said, it would be pointless for Yara to follow Victarion's storyline if Dany already have ships and fleet. Aer-tarion would make sense considering he hates Euron and is also the potential heir to the Seastone Chair.

It would and they can combine Aeron with Vic. Can't deny that. In all honesty...I think Euron will be simply put on the Seastone Chair and rule(I saw rumours about him killing Yara, don't know how credible) and build up for Dany and be her biggest threat before White Walkers.

1 hour ago, Lord Friendzone said:

It would and they can combine Aeron with Vic. Can't deny that. In all honesty...I think Euron will be simply put on the Seastone Chair and rule(I saw rumours about him killing Yara, don't know how credible) and build up for Dany and be her biggest threat before White Walkers.

I feel it would be best if they don't merge Victarion with any of the Greyjoys and leave Euron, Aeron, and Yara alone as they is...

It's hard to say if Euron and Dany will meet. Even though there are hints that Euron will be her biggest threat, i can't see how both of them will meet and especially if the show will not follow Euron's goal on claiming Dany's dragons with the Dragonbinder. Be aware Euron's claim is still not secure with Aeron's plot to take him down and i assume that's why Aeron became an important character in book, enough to appear in the show. Though whether he will succeed in removing Euron is questionable. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is unofficial (it came from Wikipedia), but I found these names under the main cast list for the first time in Season 6

• Art Parkinson - Rickon Stark (recurring S1-S2)
  • Julian Glover - Grand Maester Pycelle (recurring since S1)
  • Finn Jones - Loras Tyrell (recurring since S1)
  • Jacob Anderson - Grey Worm (recurring since S3)
  • Anton Lessor - Qyburn (recurring since S3)
  • Gemma Whelan - Yara Greyjoy (recurring S2-S4)
  • Ellie Kendrick - Meera Reed (recurring S3-S4)

Archived