College Football 2015-2016: Playoffs?!?! Edition

sperry

How did Oklahoma not know about the legendary 32 to 42 hookup for Clemson this year?

ETA: That was the most impressive 2 yard sack I've ever seen a QB take.

ETA2: How is that intentional grounding? The defensive player tipped the ball in front of the line of scrimmage...

If it's not the first person touching the ball you have to throw it somewhere near someone.

If it's not the first person touching the ball you have to throw it somewhere near someone.

No, I got that (didn't know it was a rule, but I heard the explanation). I don't get how they can call it grounding when it was tipped before it crossed the LOS. I don't doubt it was going out of bounds, but it was going in the general direction of the QB. Seems like a bit of a leap to call grounding on a tipped ball to me.

Clemson's defensive line was the difference in that game. Rattled the shit out of Mayfield and threw Oklahoma off everything they wanted to do offensively. They're going to be a tough out for whichever team makes it out of this next game.

Without Shaq Lawson for 3/4 of the game. If he can come back for the title game, along with Deon Cain returning from missing this game Clemson is in a great position. And 2016 was supposed to be our year. Really love what Dabo and the staff has been able to do with this program.

As you guys are more than aware of, I absolutely hate these college playoffs. This is not new ground here, and I really don't want to burn the thread up again talking about it.

On to the new... 

If you are going to have these things, wouldn't it be best to not hold them on a night where your entire audience wasn't out doing something else? Why is there a game called "The Cottenbowl", being played at a stadium that is not the Cottonbowl on New Years Eve night?

I'm sure y'all have the receipt and can get Kelly now, right?

Also, Trevone Boykin was arrested for assaulting a police officer after going out drinking after curfew. He is suspended.

It was exactly what I expected, sigh, too bad no candidates would take Hadens calls (no elite coach would consider working for such a person, thus, usc wasn't able to mount a real search). But he'll be fired his first season with a new AD. Sad for him actually.

Also glad to see the playoff comittees ridiculous scheme to try and achieve a Bama OK final by unfairly demoting OK to fourth blow up in their face.

Sad to see Michigan state get so badly murdered, though.

It was a good day overall, one villain won but two villains were decisively defeated.

As you guys are more than aware of, I absolutely hate these college playoffs. This is not new ground here, and I really don't want to burn the thread up again talking about it.

On to the new... 

If you are going to have these things, wouldn't it be best to not hold them on a night where your entire audience wasn't out doing something else? Why is there a game called "The Cottenbowl", being played at a stadium that is not the Cottonbowl on New Years Eve night?

Hopefully the playoffs will expand and burn the hideous, corrupt and meaningless bowl system completely to the ground. Now we have post season games that actually matter. It's glorious.

Well, too bad OU lost.  I thought the winner of that game would win the title, and I still think that.  OU's defensive line just couldn't get the pressure they needed. They'd been playing a lot better late in the season, but they ended up getting manhandled.  Jordan Evans getting hurt was a killer, as his backup played a dreadful game. Wasn't really sure what to expect because Clemson looked great all year, but they'd played an awful schedule. They were the flat out better team though.

Hopefully the playoffs will expand and burn the hideous, corrupt and meaningless bowl system completely to the ground. Now we have post season games that actually matter. It's glorious.

Couldn't agree more, but it needs to go to 8 like pronto. 4 is pretty silly. The Bowl System can eat a bag of dicks.

So sperry - you still think Bama is overrated? And OU will win it all? Just curious.

I said I thought the winner of OU Clemson would win it all, and I thought OU would beat Clemson, although I thought that was really close a matchup.  I thought Bama would handle Michigan St. and then lose to OU or Clemson.

The Bama game played out exactly the way I thought it would. Very close in the first half, and Bama pulled away in the second.  Coker played better than I expected which led to a larger margin of victory, but I still anticipated a double digit win for Bama and that MIchigan State wouldn't do much offensively.

I expect Clemson to win, although they will need Shaq Lawson to play.

Sperry, you said for ages how Alabama was so overrated. Still claim that?

And want to bet on Clemson winning?

I do think Alabama is overrated.  And sure, I'll bet on Clemson winning, contingent upon Shaq Lawson playing.

Archived