Millennials and Military Service

peterbound

But... there is.  There was a specific percentage put towards the number that would actually serve.  When compared to the numbers that want others to fight for them, it was very lopsided, hence the claims.  

Honestly, I think it's a bad comparison.  As it stands now, every member of our military is there as a result of choice.  I find it a lot less problematic for someone who doesn't want to join the military to want to send the military to war when every member of it volunteered for that possibility.

I think a better comparison to illustrate the real issue you're seeing would be favoring war that would require a draft vs not willing to respond to that draft.

But... there is.  There was a specific percentage put towards the number that would actually serve.  When compared to the numbers that want others to fight for them, it was very lopsided, hence the claims.  

Except, again, it's not being compared to any other numbers. So you don't know if these numbers are notable for age groups now or for that specific age groups across the years.

The poll literally doesn't tell us if this result is in any way notable.

@ Everyone, who seemed riled at my post

You probably missed the part that I am leaving my opinion for statistical purposes, as per PB's OP, not for the purposes of debating or defending it. Not because I cannot, but because I do not want to from the available tribune.

I think I made it abundantly clear why I would never serve in the military, incl. under penalty of death.

@ Everyone, who seemed riled at my post

You probably missed the part that I am leaving my opinion for statistical purposes, as per PB's OP, not for the purposes of debating or defending it. Not because I cannot, but because I do not want to from the available tribune.

I think I made it abundantly clear why I would never serve in the military, incl. under penalty of death.

Kinda what LoB said.  You did call out and stomp on a big part of some peoples lives.  While you may hate the idea of service, it's been the best thing that ever happened to me.  It's how I met my wife, it allowed me to get an education, it taught me a skill that allowed me to have the greatest job in the world, it's provided for my family for the past 20 years, it's allowed me to see the world, it's taught me discipline and an appreciation for the little things in life, and it has become a part of my identity.  So when you say 'fuck the military' all I hear is 'Fuck peterbound' or 'fuck all of peterbound's friends'.  Hell, my fucking avatar's name is based on an freaking air force base i was getting assigned to. 

Archived