The future of Jon and Sam's friendship

XSarellaX

Samwell will always be loyal to Jon.  One of the few.  Jon Snow betrayed just about anyone who ever trusted him.  He won the trust of the wildlings and then betrayed them.  He won the night watch crows and he betrayed them.  He's going to end up a man without a country.  But Sam, Arya, Bran, and Ghost will remain loyal. 

TBH, I hadn't even thought about how the baby swapping would affect their friedship.

Sam might be a bit torn... But he didn't seem too fazed when he realised it.

Sam will always be loyal to Jon. His first true friend, and someone who understands what's it all about, like Sam does.

Sam was incredibly phased. One of the major themes of his AFFC plotline was the breakdown of his idealization of Jon. He got where Jon was coming from, same with sending Aemon, but it was also incredibly morally ambiguous, and he struggled with that.

I don't really question his loyalty, but there's kind of an obvious strain there now.

Samwell is not a man to worry about.  Jon needed him, needed his smarts and knowledge, but nerds are of little threat in that system.  That said, I don't think Sam will betray Jon for anything. 

Sam is loyal to a fault.   He has much in front of him.  Still both these betrayals by omission could have serious repercussions for both characters.  Were I Jon I would feel Sam left Bran to die.  Were I Sam I would feel Jon kept Monster in direct proximity with the creatures I specifically protected him from.   These are both significant acts against each others' families.  (Oh c'mon, Sam loves Gilly and her baby with all his heart)  Still, Sam is not likely to act against Jon under any circumstance, but if Gilly doesn't snap out of it...

Archived