Weather Complaint Thread

Spring Bass

Enjoy your warm, 60s-degree day-time weather eastern US. Winter is coming, and it hit us pretty hard today. There was at least a foot of snow outside, and my normal 20 minute work commute took a full hour (and was scary as hell, because it had been several hours since they last plowed some of the major streets). 

The only Winter around here this year will be my dog named Winter.

El Nino

150423_2861308_El_Nino.jpg

scared it away.

LOVE it!   :lol:   That's about the only thing that could make me smile today.  On a walk last night with Benny, he crossed in front of me unexpectedly when I wasn't paying attention, I fell over him and face-planted into the pavement - result = black eye, road burn on half my face, bruised lip (as in black and blue.)  Oh, and I've got a couple parties to attend this week.  :wacko:

Damn it, Tears, haven't you two done that before?  :(

I was just thinking today what a beautiful spring day it was...

Well, last time I re-broke a badly broken wrist (that I just got the cast off) because I was walking him in the dark and stumbled over broken pavement.  Years ago, he dragged me over a low, metal road guard, because he was trying to get to another dog. 

Yeah.... walking Benny is a mixed bag, for sure.  He's old now, of course, and not near as strong as he used to be.  But he's taken to crossing back and forth in front of me, then sticking super close to my side.  The poor guy is kind of going bonkers, as he's got cataracts and can't hear so well either.

Plus, I'm starting to think there's something terribly wrong with me.  :P  (Half-serious, half-joking.)

It was raining off and on all day today and windy.  Not a nice day.  It'll be settling into winter pretty soon around here.  Oh, goody - ice!   

LOVE it!   :lol:   That's about the only thing that could make me smile today.  On a walk last night with Benny, he crossed in front of me unexpectedly when I wasn't paying attention, I fell over him and face-planted into the pavement - result = black eye, road burn on half my face, bruised lip (as in black and blue.)  Oh, and I've got a couple parties to attend this week.  :wacko:

That's awful :( so sorry.

But glad EL NINO

KFiKN1U1Raz5dqML0CfA_el-nino.jpg

could help in some way.

Damn it, Tears, haven't you two done that before?  :(

I was just thinking today what a beautiful spring day it was...

I was just thinking as I sat on my bench outside today in the 71 degree weather but with the brown leaves all over the grounds and the fall sky, couldn't we just back up and say this is October and not December, because that's what it felt like.

I'm in Nantucket, Ma. for the last few weeks doing a cabinet install.  Been a weird mix of sunny and foggy.  The sun is nice, of course, if unseasonably warm.  Went beachcombing last weekend in a t-shirt and jeans.  Could easily have worn shorts if I'd brought any.  

The fog is really cool though.  It's off season here, so the island is relatively deserted.  Wandering around town at night, on the narrow cobblestone streets and empty alleyways, in the dense fog, is an awesome mix of cool and creepy.  I can't help but imagine gangs of scalywags looming out of the gloom to cut my purse or menace me with their truncheons!

Back in October the temperature would barely get below 70 at night, now in December it has hardly gone over 70 during the day.  It's like we went from a long summer straight into winter.  I miss Autumn.  

El Niño should bring more moderate temperatures and some well needed rain, I just hope my leaky roof will survive.

Archived