[SPOILERS] Season 6 discussion thread.

Seany2512

On 4/1/2016 at 1:29 PM, WolfQueenArya said:

I really don't agree that Sansa should be getting so much screen time. It just doesn't make sense with the way her character has been portrayed on the show ( and especially in the books) to suddenly be this empowered woman leader. And her reuniting with Jon first before Arya is not right; those two have never even had a scene together (on the show) ... It's going to be so awkward. 

I really want Arya to be heavily featured this season but I'm afraid she won't be and that makes me sad because she used used to be in 9/10 episodes and have lots of screen time (it started with season 4...). Though I guess if you go on YT there is a video that has all of Arya's scenes from season 5 and it equals to 48 min instead of 37 min... Eh. I hope she features heavily in the last two seasons at least. 

I am with you.  More Arya and less Sansa.   Sansa is just Little Fingers pawn.   That's all she will ever be. 

19 hours ago, Lord_Ravenstone said:

In the books, I think there's a good chance that Arya gets on the boat with Justin Massey and Farya and goes back to the Wall with Stannis' sellsword army.

I too think this is the best oppurtunity for Arya to return 

7 hours ago, Khione said:

Agreed on Sansa, in both mediums. I don't understand the appeal and popularity of her. She only has a great name and beauty going for her, other than that, she's stupid, can't fend for herself, can't fight, she's not snarky, she's not funny, she's boring. She's Bella Swan of Westeros.

I don't care what happens to her. She can be stuck at the Eyrie, she can go to Winterfell and be handed over to Ramsay. Whatever. The latter arc was eventful at least.

She's also got some political wits about her per Littlefinger. 

Not being a great fighter is kinda the point GRRM is making. GRRM even mentions that Sansa has to navigate the places she has with little else but her brains.

16 hours ago, A Bong of Ice and Fire said:

I'm not looking forward to empowered Sansa, if that is where the show is heading. I find her character to be boring and shallow in both the books and show. (I'll never forgive her for betraying her father to Cersei in A Game of Thrones, heh.)

She only interests me as a vehicle to reveal more about Littlefinger's character. Doesn't mean I want to see her abused and victimized any more. Just don't want to see much of her at all. 

I mean her betraying Ned go Cersei actually helped her and Arya out in the long run. 

If she hadn't then Sansa and Arya would be in Winterfell.

In that scenario, Theon forces himself on Sansa and marries her.

43 minutes ago, Lord_Ravenstone said:

I mean her betraying Ned go Cersei actually helped her and Arya out in the long run. 

If she hadn't then Sansa and Arya would be in Winterfell.

In that scenario, Theon forces himself on Sansa and marries her.

But wouldn't Ned have gone back to Winterfell, too? (Don't remember exactly how it happened in the book.) In that case Robb wouldn't have marched off to war, and Theon wouldn't have taken the castle. In any case, still not a Sansa fan. 

Sophie Turner does a fine job playing her, though. 

20 minutes ago, A Bong of Ice and Fire said:

But wouldn't Ned have gone back to Winterfell, too? (Don't remember exactly how it happened in the book.) In that case Robb wouldn't have marched off to war, and Theon wouldn't have taken the castle. In any case, still not a Sansa fan. 

Sophie Turner does a fine job playing her, though. 

Nope, Eddard still confronts Cersei and Joffrey in the throne room by naming Stannis the true heir and LF still buys out Janos Slynt's loyalty beforehand.

Eddard still dies. The only difference is that Cersei has Ned executed instead of Joffrey being willful and offending the Faith at the same time.

There's the bonus though that Ned shouts that Joff is a bastard born of incest before his execution without Sansa and Arya being held hostage but Cersei will probably hold a private execution rather than a public one to counteract that.

Robb either executes Jaime in this scenario or he keeps him hostage and Cat now has no compulsion to free him. Tywin will still go ahead with the Red Wedding so it changes nothing. As Tyrion says, he's already given him up for lost once he's captured.

Jaime living actually comes out to a negative for the Lannister cause because Jaime lets Edmure live, plants Tom ' O Sevenstreams inside Riverrun and he makes the disastrous decision to transport the RW prisoners to King's Landing where they'll probably be freed by LS in transit. 

I guess I never saw Sansa as important in the books and now she's becoming even more a major character than Arya in the show, and yes call me bias, but I hate it. I have no problems with Sophie and I think she can act decently enough, but I guess I can't see her being a leading female for some reason. And since Sansa is in the North it does make sense for her to have a lot of screen time since the North will be heavily featured this season... I just hope Arya's screen time will be longer than last season's.

Well onto another topic: Since it's April 2, do you think we'll get a second full trailer? Or do you think we'll get new TV spots with new footage? Or maybe both? New pictures? I've enjoyed the latest cast interviews... I want HBO to release short clips for each main character that will have us exploding with discussions until the episodes start airing. For example: We see wolves running in the Riverlands, we see a giant Nymeria but the audience wouldn't know it's Nymeria until we hear Arya whispering, "Nymeria" before we jump cut to Arya's face with warging eyes. ^^

19 hours ago, The Arthur Smith said:

It wouldn't make sense for Sansa to do so since she's now a Bolton and all of Vale army knows that Littlefinger pledge fealty to the Bolton which would means that they have to return Sansa back to Winterfell.

Er, no.  The Valemen don't know anything about Littlefinger allying with the Boltons, nor would they have to return Sansa to Winterfell.  Littlefinger is going to use the Vale army to attack the Boltons.

1 minute ago, Colonel Green said:

Er, no.  The Valemen don't know anything about Littlefinger allying with the Boltons, nor would they have to return Sansa to Winterfell.  Littlefinger is going to use the Vale army to attack the Boltons.

So everyone attacks the Boltons? The Wildings,the Vale, anything left of Stannis' army, the Houses loyal to the Starks...

16 minutes ago, WolfQueenArya said:

I guess I never saw Sansa as important in the books and now she's becoming even more a major character than Arya in the show, and yes call me bias, but I hate it. I have no problems with Sophie and I think she can act decently enough, but I guess I can't see her being a leading female for some reason. And since Sansa is in the North it does make sense for her to have a lot of screen time since the North will be heavily featured this season... I just hope Arya's screen time will be longer than last season's.

Well onto another topic: Since it's April 2, do you think we'll get a second full trailer? Or do you think we'll get new TV spots with new footage? Or maybe both? New pictures? I've enjoyed the latest cast interviews... I want HBO to release short clips for each main character that will have us exploding with discussions until the episodes start airing. For example: We see wolves running in the Riverlands, we see a giant Nymeria but the audience wouldn't know it's Nymeria until we hear Arya whispering, "Nymeria" before we jump cut to Arya's face with warging eyes. ^^

Maise Williams says she has even less screen time this year than last year.

7 minutes ago, GrapefruitPerrier said:

So everyone attacks the Boltons? The Wildings,the Vale, anything left of Stannis' army, the Houses loyal to the Starks...

In the show, this'll exactly be what happens.

In the TWOW, I think we're going to be in a scenario where the Boltons are already dead and Stannis installs Rickon as the new lord of Winterfell but Jon and Sansa show up to Winterfell with competing claims before they realize Rickon is alive and it'll split the northern lords on who to follow.

Sansa has the biggest army(the full might of the Vale), Jon is the heir per Robb's Will and the new King in the North and Rickon is the legitimate son of Ned and Cat and Robb's full-brother.

But Sansa is a girl, Jon is a former bastard and part of the Night's Watch and Rickon is a wild, boy lord under the control of Stannis.

Just now, Lord_Ravenstone said:

In the show, this'll exactly be what happens.

In the books, I think we're going to be in a scenario where the Boltons are already dead and Stannis installs Rickon as the new lord of Winterfell but Jon and Sansa show up to Winterfell with competing claims.

Sansa has the biggest army(the full might of the Vale), Jon is the heir per Robb's Will and the new King in the North and Rickon is the legitimate son of Ned and Cat and Robb's full-brother.

But Sansa is a girl, Jon is a former bastard and part of the Night's Watch and Rickon is a wild, boy lord under the control of Stannis.

I like your thoughts, but I think book Stannis dies.

16 minutes ago, WolfQueenArya said:

The trailer on HBO now said it was only available until 4/14.   That leaves time for something else to be released.

30 minutes ago, Lord_Ravenstone said:

Maise Williams says she has even less screen time this year than last year.

She said she would be in less episodes, not that she would have less screen time. But yeah she probably will have less screen time. 

1 hour ago, stephenbaratheon said:

The trailer on HBO now said it was only available until 4/14.   That leaves time for something else to be released.

Really? That's interesting! I hope we will get that second full trailer come the 14 then!

1 hour ago, Colonel Green said:

Hmm... Then it wouldn't make for Littlefinger to convince Vale to side with the Boltons or attack them all of the sudden.

1 hour ago, GrapefruitPerrier said:

You know, i'm hoping that half of Stannis' army who had abandoned Stannis would join Jon's army at the very least. Cause there should be a reason...

1 hour ago, WolfQueenArya said:

Well like you said, it would make sense for Sansa to have more screen time than Arya because Sansa is going to join the game and rebel against the Boltons along with many northerners. Plus, from what i predicted, it doesn't seem like Arya is going to do anything important like last season. The only significant plot point for Arya in S6 are returning back to Westeros and maybe revealing her warging ability. Arya may have more screen time in S7 when she reunite with Jon and Sansa.

I'm assuming the second trailer will come out a week or 2 before the premiere. Pretty much the same with the second trailer for S5 - same clips, different clips, much longer. But i want the music to be badass like the Assassin Creed one they used.

1 hour ago, WolfQueenArya said:

For example: We see wolves running in the Riverlands, we see a giant Nymeria but the audience wouldn't know it's Nymeria until we hear Arya whispering, "Nymeria" before we jump cut to Arya's face with warging eyes. ^^

I know you really love Arya and all, but c'mon, revealing all that would spoiler almost everything on what's Arya going to do for S6.

11 minutes ago, Lord_Ravenstone said:

Stannis can't die until he meets up with Daenerys and burns Shireen. That's ADOS territory.  

In fact, I'd be willing to wager a million on it that he survives to ADOS

Are you referring to the blue eyed king prophercy?

6 minutes ago, Ruhail said:

Are you referring to the blue eyed king prophercy?

Yeah. 

You also have to factor in that Stannis just isn't going to burn Shireen in one chapter. It's going to take time for Stannis to get to that point and even if somehow Stannis were to lose to the Boltons and then travel 500 miles north back to the Wall, he also has a 20 k sellsword army coming in which will make him stronger than he was before 

Archived