[SPOILERS] Season 6 discussion thread.

Seany2512

45 minutes ago, Frederic_ed said:

Javi never said that the characters who die in the "epilogue" will be different, he said that it will happen in a different way. I interpret this as meaning that Varys won't be the one that does it, which makes sense. There's no reason for Kevan or Pycelle not to die.

There is a reason. For the Lannisters-Tyrells alliance to strain even more, Varys would need to kill Kevan and Pycelle before Cersei's and Margaery's trial start. Plus there was already a clip of that in the trailer where there are children stabbing, most likely the one where Kevan dies.

10 hours ago, Lord_Ravenstone said:

Honestly, I'm pretty sure that death is Theon. 

I'm absolutely certain Stannis beheads Theon in the books. It's the perfect ending for him and the show's not going to keep him around longer than they have to.

Perhaps he'll take Quentyn's death when he travels to Meereen with Yara.

Theon's death would hardly be surprising though. Even non-book readers easily assume Theon will die, either sacrifice himself to save Sansa or to be executed for the crime he did or another. Assuming that Theon actually lives and go to Volantis with Yara, but then get kill for whatever reason, then this would be surprising.

3 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

I don't think Kit was convincing at all on JR. The hidden camera bit was funny, and the mouth of truth. 

Well twice he said I can't wait to say I told you so and almost with contempt. I expected soft denials and sticking to Jon Snow is dead and I came back to shoot scenes as a corpse etc, but those almost angry remarks made me think maybe he's not reborn in 6. It made me think DD may have staged those leaked photos as a big FK U for Jon and all the cast to all the endless speculation.

10 minutes ago, Valhalla Morghulis said:

Well twice he said I can't wait to say I told you so and almost with contempt. I expected soft denials and sticking to Jon Snow is dead and I came back to shoot scenes as a corpse etc, but those almost angry remarks made me think maybe he's not reborn in 6. It made me think DD may have staged those leaked photos as a big FK U for Jon and all the cast to all the endless speculation.

He's an actor, he can like.....act. Big surprise.

13 minutes ago, Valhalla Morghulis said:

I don't know. I suppose different people interpret things differently? I never once thought he was angry or contemptuous at all, my take was he was a bit ashamed, even blushing a bit. And maybe a tad annoyed, although I can't tell wether at everyone asking him this for close to 11 months nonstop, or at having to lie. Didn't Ross also ask him, 'so Jon Snow is dead'? So maybe that is indeed the route they're talking. Jon Snow is dead, and he'll come back as Jon X - Stark, Targ, whatever. In a way it will be a shame. what better name for the King of Winter than Jon Snow! :P

1 hour ago, Valhalla Morghulis said:

Oh c'mon, the show does not bother with stuff like that.  Kit spent as much time in Belfast as any castmember last year.

No, Jon will show up in Season 6, sooner or later. 100% sure.

My bet on the dead pool...Daario, Jorah, Queen of Thorns, Tommen, Margaery, Rickon, Osha, possibly Davos, possibly Mel, Kevan...the list is long.

1 hour ago, Ingelheim said:

No, Jon will show up in Season 6, sooner or later. 100% sure.

My bet on the dead pool...Daario, Jorah, Queen of Thorns, Tommen, Margaery, Rickon, Osha, possibly Davos, possibly Mel, Kevan...the list is long.

No way that Tommen dies this season unless Dany just walks in and takes over Westeros in one episode which would be anti-climatic 

Just 20 days away to the first episode - which I think may led to a lot of people being disappointed..

Followers of the show have been waiting a year (And book readers 5 years!!) to learn the faith of Jon Snow & if he will indeed come back to life. I personally, think he will be resurrected..but however, I think GRRM and the GOT producers will drag this out throughout most of the season 6. I hope i am wrong and he is resurrected right away to start getting rid of Boltons & Freys!

Assuming Jon is resurrected, if it doesn't happen in the first episode does anyone else think this will be a massive disappointment / Anti-climax??

19 hours ago, Lord_Ravenstone said:

No way that Tommen dies this season unless Dany just walks in and takes over Westeros in one episode which would be anti-climatic 

I agree with this - since D&D appear to have removed the Griffs from the story in their streamlining efforts, Tommen will last longer on the show than he will in the books. While I believe he will die in Winds, I think that in the show, Tommen will be around for season 7. It looks a lot like they are tagging some of the Young Griff stuff onto Tommen's storyline to keep him in longer. 

As for those likely to die this season, my current list is: Bloodraven (he cannot leave the cave other than for visions, and so if, as expected, the Others breach the cave security, he will be unable to escape); multiple NW men - particularly the conspirators in Jon's stabbing - ones we know by name I expect to go are Alliser Thorne, Bowen Marsh, Othell Yarwyck and Olly; we will lose many northern lords and wildlings in the Battle of Many Names, and I think from the recurring/returning cast we will lose Osha, Rickon, Roose, Walda, Ramsay (though I think Ramsay's death will be after the battle, and those of Roose and Walda in the run up to it) and perhaps Tormund (he looks in peril in the trailer, and his removal would give us recognizable consequences for the battle - that is apparently why Grenn and Pyp were killed off in 409, The Watchers on the Wall despite being alive in the books); Balon Greyjoy - for there to be a Kingsmoot we first need to lose the king;  Kevan Lannister and Grand Maester Pycelle will be removed from Cersei's path as she fights to regain her power; Lancel will, I think, be lost in battle with Qyburn's monster; I think we will lose Loras, as the Tyrells have risen as far as they will and now need to fall; Ellaria as she has screwed up her second chance by not only killing Myrcella but placing Trystane in danger at the same time; I think Arya will leave the Faceless Men behind her after killing the waif; Jorah has greyscale and I can see it leaving him wanting to go out in a way that shows his loyalty to Daenerys - so I can see us losing him this season, along with multiple Dothraki - and I am conflicted on Daario

I also think that, with the story returning to the Riverlands, we will finally get to see multiple dead Freys. 

On 3/23/2016 at 10:31 AM, Lord_Ravenstone said:

Ramsay, Roose, Littlefinger or AA Jon Snow kill him. 

the kid is doomed though

GRRM has positioned all the innocent kids to die in Book 6. 

Shireen Baratheon, Myrcella Baratheon, Tommen Baratheon, Robert Arryn and Rickon Stark.

Furthermore Rickon's wolf is named Shaggydog.

As in a Shaggydog story: 

A Shaggy Dog Story is a plot with a high level of build-up and complicating action, only to be resolved with an anti-climax or ironic reversal, usually one that makes the entire story meaningless. 

The classic example is a man who finds a shaggy dog similar to one in a "Lost Dog" poster from a rich family, and bankrupts himself trying to return it to them in England for reward money—when he finally makes it there, he's told that the dog "wasn't that shaggy" before the door's slammed in his face. The End.

A shaggy dog Story is a Fantasy TROPE 

And this doesn't work towards Rickon in fact, he seems the opposite 

very little build up and practically no story, that doesn't match the description, in fact, he's probably the opposite.

Seriously, it's like people forget that GRRM loves deconstructing common writing tropes not fulfilling them to a T.

And if this were to play out wouldn't this count more toward quentyn or Jon 

After all, Jon is majorly hyped up in the story, what if he just stayed dead.......

THERE'S YOUR SHAGGYDOG STORY

18 hours ago, The Arthur Smith said:

There is a reason. For the Lannisters-Tyrells alliance to strain even more, Varys would need to kill Kevan and Pycelle before Cersei's and Margaery's trial start. Plus there was already a clip of that in the trailer where there are children stabbing, most likely the one where Kevan dies.

Theon's death would hardly be surprising though. Even non-book readers easily assume Theon will die, either sacrifice himself to save Sansa or to be executed for the crime he did or another. Assuming that Theon actually lives and go to Volantis with Yara, but then get kill for whatever reason, then this would be surprising.

I wonder if Yara splinters off some of the Iron born from Euron, maybe at her uncle Aeron's suggestion, as she was / is a respected leader on the show and takes Theon as they are switching sides to help the Starks? Maybe they will go to Mereen to seek alliance with Dany for this? I cannot see them following Euron when there is Theon, what is left of him, being Balon's heir and her, herself. That is how I think it will go, could be wrong though.

Just now, A Ghost of Someone said:

I wonder if Yara splinters off some of the Iron born from Euron, maybe at her uncle Aeron's suggestion, as she was / is a respected leader on the show and takes Theon as they are switching sides to help the Starks? Maybe they will go to Mereen to seek alliance with Dany for this? I cannot see them following Euron when there is Theon, what is left of him, being Balon's heir and her, herself. That is how I think it will go, could be wrong though.

According to ur description Theon and Yara might be replacing 

Spoiler

Victarion Greyjoy

from the books.

6 hours ago, Rickon Stark The Aulë said:

A shaggy dog Story is a Fantasy TROPE 

And this doesn't work towards Rickon in fact, he seems the opposite 

very little build up and practically no story, that doesn't match the description, in fact, he's probably the opposite.

Seriously, it's like people forget that GRRM loves deconstructing common writing tropes not fulfilling them to a T.

And if this were to play out wouldn't this count more toward quentyn or Jon 

After all, Jon is majorly hyped up in the story, what if he just stayed dead.......

THERE'S YOUR SHAGGYDOG STORY

Wrong. GRRM built him up in ADWD

And deconstructing tropes means you have to fulfill tropes. I think you mean subvert tropes and that's just not true. He doesn't subvert tropes nearly as much as people think he does

Plus we're already getting with heavy rumors that Rickon bites it

10 hours ago, Lord_Ravenstone said:

Wrong. GRRM built him up in ADWD

And deconstructing tropes means you have to fulfill tropes. I think you mean subvert tropes and that's just not true. He doesn't subvert tropes nearly as much as people think he does

Plus we're already getting with heavy rumors that Rickon bites it

What about ur opinion of rickon in the books?

do u think rickon bites it there too?

1 hour ago, Taylor Swift said:

L7R said a main character will die - and i only consider these 6 as main - Starks + Jon/Tyrion/Dany.

If they actually mean a secondary character like Cersei, that wouldn't be too surprising, Cersei will die at some point. Maybe they meant Jaime but i do not consider him a main.

From all indications, this is a sad/ shocking death which indicates a fan favorite main dies.

If you omit the main 6, most likely it is Jaime. But i still think one of the stark girls is vulnerable.

In the top 6 mains, it can only be Arya or Sansa.

If not main, but secondary, Jaime is more likely.

100 % chance that Arya doesn't die in Braavos and Sansa at least makes it until episode 9/10 this season. 

I know that Jaime survives until the Siege of the Riverrun which happens very late in  episode 8. Episode 9 is completely dedicated to Bastardbowl. So it's probably not him either. Unless the Blackfish slays Jaime in episode 10, it's not him. 

Cersei's a potential death but they'd have to do away with her dying by the valonquar's hand then.

I'm 90% sure it's Theon that dies. 

4 hours ago, dread wolf said:

What about ur opinion of rickon in the books?

do u think rickon bites it there too?

Unfortunately, yes. I'm not sure he bites in TWOW though but there's a strong possibility that he does.

I mean Tommen, Myrcella, Shireen and Sweetrobin are all looking to die in the next book. Rickon keeps to that pattern. 

1 hour ago, Lord_Ravenstone said:

100 % chance that Arya doesn't die in Braavos and Sansa at least makes it until episode 9/10 this season. 

I know that Jaime survives until the Siege of the Riverrun which happens very late in  episode 8. Episode 9 is completely dedicated to Bastardbowl. So it's probably not him either. Unless the Blackfish slays Jaime in episode 10, it's not him. 

Cersei's a potential death but they'd have to do away with her dying by the valonquar's hand then.

I'm 90% sure it's Theon that dies. 

It might be Tyrion, if they give him Quentyn Martell's storyline to the end. That would of course not fit with the show giving the same death to characters as the books, but might be perfectly reasonable:

In the books, Tyrion was preparing to fight in the battle of Mereen, and IMHO he has overstretched his luck in battles. Before the   battle, Tyrion was on self            destruction, drinking too much and just regained his will to live. That is usually when character's get killed in fiction (yes, you      believe GRRM doesn't do tropes).

The tv show apparently cut the Griffs and the Battle of Mereen, so if Tyrion dies in this battle in the books he needs to die in another way.

On 4/4/2016 at 1:56 AM, Lord_Ravenstone said:

Far more likely she arrives and there is nothing of Kings Landing left,  I don't see a battle between Dany and Tommen at any stage and Cersei is bat shite so could easilly burn things down.

Archived