[SPOILERS] Season 6 discussion thread.

Seany2512

26 minutes ago, alienarea said:

It might be Tyrion, if they give him Quentyn Martell's storyline to the end. That would of course not fit with the show giving the same death to characters as the books, but might be perfectly reasonable:

In the books, Tyrion was preparing to fight in the battle of Mereen, and IMHO he has overstretched his luck in battles. Before the   battle, Tyrion was on self            destruction, drinking too much and just regained his will to live. That is usually when character's get killed in fiction (yes, you      believe GRRM doesn't do tropes).

The tv show apparently cut the Griffs and the Battle of Mereen, so if Tyrion dies in this battle in the books he needs to die in another way.

I have to say I am not sure where Tyrion's journey goes from here however it would feel anti-climatic if he were to die in Mereen.  He's also one of my favourite characters after Jon and ahead of Arya.

There are so many things I hope to happen in Season 6!

Not spoiling because this is mostly wishful thinking. :)

Sansafinger (long overdue imho). Sansa QitN (ditto). Littlefinger in the North as lord of Winterfell, finally getting all he's ever wanted. On that note, Littlefinger, the epitome of the political/scheming side of the show, being forced to deal with the reality of its magical part that are the White Walkers. Brienne and Jaime hooking up. Jon the Undead. Dany sorting out the Dothraki and getting some Rh'llor visions, becoming a Jeanne d'Arc figure. Cersei killing Tommen - presumably after Margaery and the High Sparrow try to get him to kill her - and finally choosing power over her children. Arya choosing to seek revenge on Walder Frey.

If half of these things happen (OK, 3/4), I will be so happy!:) 

19 minutes ago, JonSnowed said:

I have to say I am not sure where Tyrion's journey goes from here however it would feel anti-climatic if he were to die in Mereen.  He's also one of my favourite characters after Jon and ahead of Arya.

In season 5 they had the red priestess in Volantis talk about the savior and then stare at Tyrion.  In the books the red priest on the ship saw in his flames that Tyron would be in the middle of everything, snarling. 

He's definitely an end-game player with Dany and won't die anytime soon.

Lots of people don't like the idea, but Tyrion most likely is a half-Targaryen bastard.  There are too many hints in the books about this.  The show has left some clues about this, too. His fate will be tied to the dragons and Dany. 

5 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Littlefinger as Lord of Winterfell would be the most horrific, vomit-inducing thing ever. 

:agree:

I doubt he will as long as Jon is alive. And they are not going through the process of bringing Jon back to life just to kill him again. 

Though I am interested to see who the North follows between Sansa and Jon. Sansa will have the Vale behind her and Jon will have Robb's will proclaiming him the next King. IMO it will be Jon - they are revealing the Tower of Joy scene which should set him up to be a King or at least a contender. No point revealing he is Rhaegar's son if he has no interest in being the King. 

49 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Littlefinger as Lord of Winterfell would be the most horrific, vomit-inducing thing ever. 

Would it, to you? To me, it would be something wonderfully perverse and kinky ;) and entirely in keeping with GOT/ASOIAF's idea of people not being black and white, but rather grey.

Jon, I think... Jon, I think, has higher things to do than concerning himself with human matters such as succession. Undead usually return from the grave really single-minded, and GOT/ASOIAF has, so far, kept to this trope: Dondarrion is devoted to protecting the Riverlands, LSH to revenge. So, I think, Jon will return with only the single goal of destroying the White Walkers in his borrowed, lent-by-magic, life.

2 minutes ago, ADanceWithCats said:

Would it, to you? To me, it would be something wonderfully perverse and kinky ;) and entirely in keeping with GOT/ASOIAF's idea of people not being black and white, but rather grey.

Jon, I think... Jon, I think, has higher things to do than concerning himself with human matters such as succession. Undead usually return from the grave really single-minded, and GOT/ASOIAF has, so far, kept to this trope: Dondarrion is devoted to protecting the Riverlands, LSH to revenge. So, I think, Jon will return with only the single goal of destroying the White Walkers in his borrowed, lent-by-magic, life.

It would be kind of nihilistic if the architect of the Stark family's downfall were to end up with Winterfell, that's not grey, it's black, it's rewarding a terrible character with no morals whatsoever with his desires.

[mod] Can we stick to specifically season 6 discussion, please, rather than general comments on our feelings about the show as a whole? Thanks. :) [/mod]

2 hours ago, A Bong of Ice and Fire said:

In season 5 they had the red priestess in Volantis talk about the savior and then stare at Tyrion.  In the books the red priest on the ship saw in his flames that Tyron would be in the middle of everything, snarling. 

He's definitely an end-game player with Dany and won't die anytime soon.

Lots of people don't like the idea, but Tyrion most likely is a half-Targaryen bastard.  There are too many hints in the books about this.  The show has left some clues about this, too. His fate will be tied to the dragons and Dany. 

Both events (show and book) might relate to the immediate    future, not the overall story.

I don't see Daenerys going back to Mereen in the show, and if she were to receive news that Mereen has fallen / imploded while she was with the Dothraki, that would push her to move to Westeros which she needs to do rather sooner IMHO.

I cannot believe that Jon Snow is actually going to meet Littlefinger! :huh: . It just sounds so far fetched and impossible in the books. I am more interested in seeing their interaction on the show than Jon and Sansa meeting. Wonder if LF will try his deception and tricks on Jon directly or whether he will do the manipulation through Sansa...

Yeah, besides the obvious delicious irony, I'm really highly excited for LF versus the White Walkers. He's the kind of hyperrational person who counted the swords in the Iron Throne to see whether there were a thousand. Being told that the Apocalypse is coming? That the Apocalypse is coming to a place he wants to rule? That'd piss me off, if, after years of manipulations to get it, I learned that. :D although that may be Season 7 or 8, at the glacial speed the Winter is Coming...

2 hours ago, Wilnova said:

I cannot believe that Jon Snow is actually going to meet Littlefinger! :huh: . It just sounds so far fetched and impossible in the books. I am more interested in seeing their interaction on the show than Jon and Sansa meeting. Wonder if LF will try his deception and tricks on Jon directly or whether he will do the manipulation through Sansa...

I mean this one of the things that I'm sure will happen in the books.

there's already a plan laid out to move Sansa to Winterfell by LF and Jon's going to Winterfell and the crypts at one point

7 hours ago, alienarea said:

It might be Tyrion, if they give him Quentyn Martell's storyline to the end. That would of course not fit with the show giving the same death to characters as the books, but might be perfectly reasonable:

In the books, Tyrion was preparing to fight in the battle of Mereen, and IMHO he has overstretched his luck in battles. Before the   battle, Tyrion was on self            destruction, drinking too much and just regained his will to live. That is usually when character's get killed in fiction (yes, you      believe GRRM doesn't do tropes).

The tv show apparently cut the Griffs and the Battle of Mereen, so if Tyrion dies in this battle in the books he needs to die in another way.

The endgame is the same for Tyrion as in the books. 

And Tyrion is an endgame player 

On 4/5/2016 at 2:45 PM, Lord_Ravenstone said:

Unfortunately, yes. I'm not sure he bites in TWOW though but there's a strong possibility that he does.

I mean Tommen, Myrcella, Shireen and Sweetrobin are all looking to die in the next book. Rickon keeps to that pattern. 

Tommen,Myrcella; They had to die for Maggy the Frog's prophecy.

Sweetrobin; his death can further the political plot in the Vale right?he is also sickly

Shireen: We know that at some point Stannis will fail at his quest.There isn't much point for her to live (no offense)

Rickon: 

Spoiler

He is safe in Skagos and if davos is successful in his mission he will reach White Harbor.Stuff will happen before he reaches White Harbor

like the Stannis-Bolton situation (hope Stannis comes on top of it),The NW situation etc.Lot of the political intrigue of the north will be happening when Rickon arrives (only Manderly,Bran,Davos,Wex know it ). I guess he will be safe.

Furthermore didn't Rickon have a wolf-dream about being old

Im not a book reader so correct me if  any of the info is wrong.(don't mean to drag out this discussion just want to know detailed opinion that's all).

On 5/4/2016 at 2:36 AM, Taylor Swift said:

L7R said a main character will die - and i only consider these 6 as main - Starks + Jon/Tyrion/Dany.

If they actually mean a secondary character like Cersei, that wouldn't be too surprising, Cersei will die at some point. Maybe they meant Jaime but i do not consider him a main.

From all indications, this is a sad/ shocking death which indicates a fan favorite main dies.

If you omit the main 6, most likely it is Jaime. But i still think one of the stark girls is vulnerable.

In the top 6 mains, it can only be Arya or Sansa.

If not main, but secondary, Jaime is more likely.

Cersei ain't a secondary character now. She's actually the most important character in King's Landing now. She even was the most important character in book four.

4 hours ago, dread wolf said:

Rickon: 

Hide contents

He is safe in Skagos and if davos is successful in his mission he will reach White Harbor.Stuff will happen before he reaches White Harbor

like the Stannis-Bolton situation (hope Stannis comes on top of it),The NW situation etc.Lot of the political intrigue of the north will be happening when Rickon arrives (only Manderly,Bran,Davos,Wex know it ). I guess he will be safe.

Furthermore didn't Rickon have a wolf-dream about being old

Im not a book reader so correct me if  any of the info is wrong.(don't mean to drag out this discussion just want to know detailed opinion that's all).

Rickon will die, it is known. Google shaggydog story.

Archived