[SPOILERS] Season 6 discussion thread.

Seany2512

Just now, ForTheNorth said:

Damn smart technology!

Not that smart at times, I know, been there! On the topic of Rickon and Shaggy, I think taking "shaggydog stories" as proof that Rickon dies is a huge mistake, unless Martin wanted to give the plot away for free and that's not really his style. In fact, quite the opposite; "let's na,e this kid's direwolf "shaggydog" just so everyone thinks his arc is totally pointless, then we have the kid vanish for a long while, etc etc. After all, it's not like it's something obscure that no one has ever heard ever. 

“English actor Isaac Hempstead Wright, 17, who plays Stark, hinted that his character may play the role of kingmaker in the never-ending quest for the Iron Throne. With his “extraordinary enabling capabilities”, he may even cause an “earthquake” in Westeros, said Hempstead Wright.”

He will help put Jon on the Iron Throne, fucking confirmed

28 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Not that smart at times, I know, been there! On the topic of Rickon and Shaggy, I think taking "shaggydog stories" as proof that Rickon dies is a huge mistake, unless Martin wanted to give the plot away for free and that's not really his style. In fact, quite the opposite; "let's na,e this kid's direwolf "shaggydog" just so everyone thinks his arc is totally pointless, then we have the kid vanish for a long while, etc etc. After all, it's not like it's something obscure that no one has ever heard ever. 

Well we know Rickons on Skagos. We get a vision of Shaggydog killing a unicorn. So he's well out of Bolton reach and even then the Bolton's would kill him secretly otherwise it would be political suicide. So Ramsay shooting g down Rickon in view of the North is D&D fantasy like Shireens burning to melt some snow. 

In my view I always viewed Rickon as Rickon the unlikely. He would get Winterfell because the other Stark's storylines ended elsewhere. Also used by Martin to show the difference between the Stark children who fought their own nature's to one who was too young so embraced his. 

38 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

I think Martin never imagined ASOAIF would get such a level of passion when he named the direwolf shaggydog. To be fair, it's not something everyone knows, and even if some people do know what a shaggy dog story is, arriving to the conclusion that Martin made it on purpose is not easy: I mean, it's not like "shaggydog" would be a weird name for a wolf or anything like that. We made it thanks to years of re-reading and obsessing over this book series.

2 minutes ago, ForTheNorth said:

Well we know Rickons on Skagos. We get a vision of Shaggydog killing a unicorn. So he's well out of Bolton reach and even then the Bolton's would kill him secretly otherwise it would be political suicide. So Ramsay shooting g down Rickon in view of the North is D&D fantasy like Shireens burning to melt some snow. 

In my view I always viewed Rickon as Rickon the unlikely. He would get Winterfell because the other Stark's storylines ended elsewhere. Also used by Martin to show the difference between the Stark children who fought their own nature's to one who was too young so embraced his. 

Oh, absolutely agree. :)

22 minutes ago, ForTheNorth said:

Preach it.  Amen.  

Rickon is probably being sacrificed for Sansa's QUEEN IN THE NORTH story in season 6. So while Rickon may survive and become KITN in the books, on the show he dies and Sansa becomes QITN. It is known.

For the TV series this makes sense in a way. Audience is more invested in Sansa as opposed to Rickon. Though I do wonder who's storyline Sansa is going to take over in season 7...

On 5. April 2016 at 2:36 PM, kissdbyfire said:

Littlefinger as Lord of Winterfell would be the most horrific, vomit-inducing thing ever. 

There are more vomit-inducing events I could imagine - Shireen getting burned e.g.....uuuuups...

If Baelish might get what he dreams, Lord of Winterfell via marrying Sansa e.g., then you can be sure his fall will be really deep. And it might be his own doing since he wants even more,  all of it, power in Westeros, the IT, ruler of the world. So I would not really mind if for a certain time LF gets Winterfell. That would promise a great story, linking the endgame against the Others, the fight for the IT and the fate of Winterfell together geographically: In the North.

As much as I love all the locations we get from books and show, the final showdowns of different storylines  will probably all happen in the North, which is despite all those wonderful detours the center of the books. Meaning you need a truly great antagonist there, not a petty villain like Ramsay but a player who can match DanyTyrionJon: Baelish with or without Sansa.

I think it's more focus on the red women in general. Not just Mel, but we are getting a red priestess that will be central in Tyrion's storyline. Remember, the episode titles are suppose to be vague and has more than one meaning dedicate to.

Maybe we will get scene about Asshai, in depth about the Azor Ahai legend and Nissa Nissa, and the origin of the R'hllor religion. That would be cool.

On April 6, 2016 at 0:17 PM, kissdbyfire said:

You know Jon's direwolf name is Ghost, right? Kinda relates to Jon as he dies and all

57 minutes ago, Crannog-Mage said:

I think we'll learn about Mel...in order to get Davos on her side, she'll reveal her un-glamoured self to show him she's a super old red priestess. 

Crackpot confirmed: Mel is Shiera Seastar in disguise.

3 hours ago, The Arthur Smith said:

I think it's more focus on the red women in general. Not just Mel, but we are getting a red priestess that will be central in Tyrion's storyline. Remember, the episode titles are suppose to be vague and has more than one meaning dedicate to.

Maybe we will get scene about Asshai, in depth about the Azor Ahai legend and Nissa Nissa, and the origin of the R'hllor religion. That would be cool.

Reminds me that they released a video of the actors playing  "band name or sword in game of thrones" and they mentioned lightbringer and totally trolled the book readers. 

Anyone see the new episode one clip on Conan? Damn good stuff! Got me excited for the premiere. Very intense and I think Ghost is going to wreck some shit. I think the wall scenes till Jon gets resurrected (And even after) are going to be some of the best on the show. Ghost looks awesome. Or is that Jon in Ghost who is doing the growling...

Archived