[SPOILERS] Season 6 discussion thread.

Seany2512

2 hours ago, Lord_Ravenstone said:

This is a major spoiler? 

Did no one read the Melisandre chapter in ADWD?

Seriously! It makes you wonder who, in fact, did read the books and picked up on the abundance of clues. The Jon and Mel chapters in Dance are so full of info. The next best ones, in my little ol'opinion, are the Theon chapters.

So far, none of this seems too new  :dunno:

16 minutes ago, ~DarkHorse~ said:

Dorne is a hot mess. Why did they even introduce it? 

My guess is that, with Aegon eliminated, they only need the storytelling aspects of Dorne relating to them taking down the Lannisters (i.e., the Sand Snakes). 

7 hours ago, White Harbors Wrath said:

At least we know why Dany will need Euron too lol...this makes me long for the days of quality writing like Sons of Anarchy.

SoA had quality writing? lmao good joke. It was a huge turd of a show, from start to finish, that didn't amount to anything but fairly good viewership ratings.

6 hours ago, Darksky said:

SoA had quality writing? lmao good joke. It was a huge turd of a show, from start to finish, that didn't amount to anything but fairly good viewership ratings.

Sarcasm. Kurt Sutter is the king of all hacks, but even he could tie up a plot hole more neatly than these two boobs...he may have done it with a bad montage or nine with his wife singing a terrible cover song over it....and drag the shit out of everything, but these guys seem to write more with erasers than pencils.

13 hours ago, Faint said:

My guess is that, with Aegon eliminated, they only need the storytelling aspects of Dorne relating to them taking down the Lannisters (i.e., the Sand Snakes). 

Can you imagine these Sand Snakes vs the Lannisters in KL...jesus, and the inevitable Bronn baaad pooooosay reunion, it's all leading up to that.

14 hours ago, The Fattest Leech said:

Seriously! It makes you wonder who, in fact, did read the books and picked up on the abundance of clues. The Jon and Mel chapters in Dance are so full of info. The next best ones, in my little ol'opinion, are the Theon chapters.

So far, none of this seems too new  :dunno:

This is the show forum.  It's a major spoiler for non-book readers. It's also a spoiler for book readers in that we didn't know how and when this would be revealed on the show. I think posting leaked spoilers really sucks and is low. 

56 minutes ago, A Bong of Ice and Fire said:

This is the show forum.  It's a major spoiler for non-book readers. It's also a spoiler for book readers in that we didn't know how and when this would be revealed on the show. I think posting leaked spoilers really sucks and is low. 

I didn't give any details and the book has been out for a few years. And the D's have repeatedly said that the show will be the same, only different. So again, I gave no clues as to what happens in books in comparison to the show. 

Many people who read the books tend to also participate in the book forums where the hints and clues to anything that happens is discussed at length because the clues build up over time. Not saying you don't participate or didn't read, but I have no detailed info here. 

Love the show and excited that it's back, but really can't decide whether I skulls watch it or not. 

If I watch it then I'm open to spoilers for the book, potentially. If I don't watch it then I might stumble upon spoilers on social media or wherever, and then have both TV show and book spoiled! 

Gods help me. 

2 hours ago, A Bong of Ice and Fire said:

Is this not the season 6 spoilers discussion thread?

On 4/18/2016 at 5:56 AM, kissdbyfire said:

The decision to immolate the child you love and is your sole heir based on a vision proven to have, at best, a ~ 66% chance of being accurate is stupid to the extreme. But maybe you are right, maybe it's not a plot hole. In which case, the intention was to show  Stannis as a stupid zealot who doesn't have two brain cells to rub together. But those are the only two possibilities here: it's either a plot or hole, or a deliberate decision to force the character into stupidity. 

It s not a plot hole. 

The best example of a plot hole in Citizen Cane. The whole movie is about figuring out why this guy say a word just before he dies. Problem is they make it clear in the movie that there was no one around to hear him say it and there was no way it recorded. So how did anyone know what his last words were to investigate them?

It was neither convincing nor a well thought out scene but it was not a plot hole. 

18 hours ago, ~DarkHorse~ said:

Dorne is a hot mess. Why did they even introduce it? Oberyn must be so proud of his psycho daughters and lover, sinking lower than even the Lannisters. Good god. 

The morons introduced it to show Oberyn and his Kung Fu and also the badass pussy brigade. 

2 hours ago, The Fattest Leech said:

I didn't give any details and the book has been out for a few years. And the D's have repeatedly said that the show will be the same, only different. So again, I gave no clues as to what happens in books in comparison to the show. 

Many people who read the books tend to also participate in the book forums where the hints and clues to anything that happens is discussed at length because the clues build up over time. Not saying you don't participate or didn't read, but I have no detailed info here. 

Not blaming you. It was someone else who posted the spoilery photo in this thread.  

I'm a huge book fan. Read the first two books 6 times each, the third 5 times, and the fourth and fifth 3 times each.  Participated a lot in book threads under a previous username before the show existed. 

ASoIaF ruined all other literature for me.

Hated the show at first, became a believer about half-way through season 1.  I enjoy it for what it is. The extreme cynicism of the ranters bugs me, but oh well. 

3 hours ago, The Fattest Leech said:

They've recently come out and said the show is an alternate universe and that this season will only spoil a few key elements from TWOW.

Archived