[SPOILERS] Season 6 discussion thread.

Seany2512

Hey everyone, this thread is here to discuss season 6 and the fact that over the previous months relevant leaks of pictures of season 6 filming have been released on the internet. Fortunately nothing too major has been leaked but I think what is out there is wetting the appetite of all game of thrones fans out there! 

Spoiler 1: (Not much of a spoiler) Jon is alive and well in season 6, pictures of him on set and in Belfast have been released so what we all thought to be true has pretty much been proven to be true.... 
Spoiler 2: http://watchersonthewall.com/exclusive-new-game-of-thrones-season-6-spoiler-report-from-winterfell/ the following link describes a scene shot at Winterfell with Ramsey, Jon, Sansa, LF and not to mention A GIANT! This is a particular leaked image which is interesting to me, feel free to open the link read the page and comment on here and tell me what exactly you think is going on here, what episode in the season do you think we are looking at etc.
Spoiler 3: Gwendoline Christie has come out and said she will be fighting in a thuggish fight with a main character next season, hmmmm i wonder who.
Spoiler 4: Tower Of Joy scene is arriving season 6, HALLELUJAH, I assume we are all agreed it will be young Bran to envision this scene???
The rest now aren't really spoilers just teasers that have been released which are interesting to discuss, ok so it has been released by numerous actors that season 6 will start with a bang, what exactly do we think the bang will be? The resurrection of Jon? A death of a major character? Introduction of a new game player? Interesting to say the least....

Most excited for in season 6: The battle of the bastards/winterfell and the tower of joy scene (including Bran's reaction)

Please give me all your opinions on everything above and what you think will be happening in season 6, also tell me what you are most excited for too in season 6!

Roll on April 2016!!

Hey everyone, this thread is here to discuss season 6 and the fact that over the previous months relevant leaks of pictures of season 6 filming have been released on the internet. Fortunately nothing too major has been leaked but I think what is out there is wetting the appetite of all game of thrones fans out there! 

Spoiler 1: (Not much of a spoiler) Jon is alive and well in season 6, pictures of him on set and in Belfast have been released so what we all thought to be true has pretty much been proven to be true.... 
Spoiler 2: http://watchersonthewall.com/exclusive-new-game-of-thrones-season-6-spoiler-report-from-winterfell/ the following link describes a scene shot at Winterfell with Ramsey, Jon, Sansa, LF and not to mention A GIANT! This is a particular leaked image which is interesting to me, feel free to open the link read the page and comment on here and tell me what exactly you think is going on here, what episode in the season do you think we are looking at etc.
Spoiler 3: Gwendoline Christie has come out and said she will be fighting in a thuggish fight with a main character next season, hmmmm i wonder who.
Spoiler 4: Tower Of Joy scene is arriving season 6, HALLELUJAH, I assume we are all agreed it will be young Bran to envision this scene???
The rest now aren't really spoilers just teasers that have been released which are interesting to discuss, ok so it has been released by numerous actors that season 6 will start with a bang, what exactly do we think the bang will be? The resurrection of Jon? A death of a major character? Introduction of a new game player? Interesting to say the least....

Most excited for in season 6: The battle of the bastards/winterfell and the tower of joy scene (including Bran's reaction)

Please give me all your opinions on everything above and what you think will be happening in season 6, also tell me what you are most excited for too in season 6!

Roll on April 2016!!

You forgot a lot of important and confirmed things for Season 6:

* Daenerys will hang out with the Dothrakis for most of the Season and there will be a major scene involving Drogon burning down some kind of temple.

* Euron Greyjoy and the Kingsmoot are confirmed.

* Septon Meribald or an equivalent (played by Ian McShane, no less) is confirmed, probably bringing Sandor back.

* The Siege of Riverrun and the return of Edmure and the Blackfish are confirmed.

* Randyll Tarly is confirmed.

* Wyman Manderly or an equivalent is confirmed.

I'm starting to think WOW won't be out before the season begins. No "Finished" announcement by GRRM and even when he does finish, it takes months of editing before publication...

If I recall when I look at the Wiki for ADWD, GRRM announce he was done by March 2011 and book came out in July 2011.  

Using that for a base, Martin will need to be done in a month.

I looks highly unlikely.

If I recall when I look at the Wiki for ADWD, GRRM announce he was done by March 2011 and book came out in July 2011.  

I looks highly unlikely.

I wonder, just wonder if Christmas Eve would not be a great time or even New Year's Eve to make an announcement?

.I looks highly unlikely.

I actually thought the same when I was trying to calculate the editing/publishing time this book needs around summer and so I checked his blog entries for both March and May 2011.

Here are my assumptions and calculations regarding this:

1) The earliest date GOT season 6 can start is April 17 replacing Vinyl series, assuming they don't want to skip a week before finale of one show and premiere of next, otherwise the start date is April 24

2) Based on GRRM blogs - March 3rd, 2011 - George announces that while ADWD is NOT done yet but the end is in sight and he can confirm the release date of July 12 (I assume that editing process is starting then while George is still adding/rewriting chapters, furthermore within those 2 months he mentioned writing at least 2-3 more chapters). On May 19th, 2011 - GRRM announces that ADWD is complete - so final editing is starting and publishing/release process begins. 

So assuming that editing started on March 2011 - it needed 4 months, and final publishing took almost 2 months. 

3) Considering same/similar process and even if George will not announce the publication date till the book is 100% done, the book should be almost complete no later than by end of January /February and the book should be complete and announced no later than by March 1st. 

Basically, if by end of February, George will not give out any hints about end in sight, I'll be really worried about him managing to complete the book by beginning of season 6. If he doesn't mention anything by middle of April - he will not finish the book till the end of the season.

I actually thought the same when I was trying to calculate the editing/publishing time this book needs around summer and so I checked his blog entries for both March and May 2011.

Here are my assumptions and calculations regarding this:

1) The earliest date GOT season 6 can start is April 17 replacing Vinyl series, assuming they don't want to skip a week before finale of one show and premiere of next, otherwise the start date is April 24

2) Based on GRRM blogs - March 3rd, 2011 - George announces that while ADWD is NOT done yet but the end is in sight and he can confirm the release date of July 12 (I assume that editing process is starting then while George is still adding/rewriting chapters, furthermore within those 2 months he mentioned writing at least 2-3 more chapters). On May 19th, 2011 - GRRM announces that ADWD is complete - so final editing is starting and publishing/release process begins. 

So assuming that editing started on March 2011 - it needed 4 months, and final publishing took almost 2 months. 

3) Considering same/similar process and even if George will not announce the publication date till the book is 100% done, the book should be almost complete no later than by end of January /February and the book should be complete and announced no later than by March 1st. 

Basically, if by end of February, George will not give out any hints about end in sight, I'll be really worried about him managing to complete the book by beginning of season 6. If he doesn't mention anything by middle of April - he will not finish the book till the end of the season.

Well, I was somewhat wrong in my calculation, and the date had passed that matches ADWD timeline. New books come out on Tuesday and the 19th is the one before 04/24.

I believe George will announce when the manuscript is completed as he did with ADWD.  The timeline I saw was from when the manuscript was completed.  I do not see why he will change it.

S6 should 04/24. Vinyl premiere is 02/14 and based on 10 episode the finale is 04/17, Despite other reports, HBO does not have a habit of skipping a week between season finales and premieres.

I do not think the book is going to be out before the premiere.

You forgot a lot of important and confirmed things for Season 6:

* Daenerys will hang out with the Dothrakis for most of the Season and there will be a major scene involving Drogon burning down some kind of temple.

* Euron Greyjoy and the Kingsmoot are confirmed.

* Septon Meribald or an equivalent (played by Ian McShane, no less) is confirmed, probably bringing Sandor back.

* The Siege of Riverrun and the return of Edmure and the Blackfish are confirmed.

* Randyll Tarly is confirmed.

* Wyman Manderly or an equivalent is confirmed.

I knew most of these points; but who cares about the Tarly family or Wyman Manderly character being announced lol. Although, I hadn't heard that Drogon will be burning down a temple, that is interesting! The return of Sandor is indeed coming in season 6 I feel and the Greyjoy party arriving in season 6 but i think will just be predominantly book catch up with a twist (Theon included at Pyke). Riverrun is interesting as Jamie is confirmed to be heading that way too! Lets hope he doesnt bump into an assassin that is Arya :rolleyes: I feel also the Frey's have it coming to them season 6 also! What are your opinions on what will unfold? :)

I'm starting to think WOW won't be out before the season begins. No "Finished" announcement by GRRM and even when he does finish, it takes months of editing before publication...

Unfortunately I think this is the case:( God dammit for GRRM and his slow ability to write!

Thought I'd share a few compiled lists from over at Previously.TV since they very kindly also include their sources;

1. Carice has had very little filming this year, and it's all been interiors in Belfast with no extras and very hush-hush. (Los 7 Reinos)
2. The SFX team is using the Ghost ball-on-stick more than in previous years. (Los 7 Reinos)
3. Ghost will be involved in Jon's resurrection process. (Los 7 Reinos)
4. The Ned/Lyanna scene inside the Tower of Joy has already been filmed. (Los 7 Reinos)
5. KL filming continues, as Eugene Simon Instagrammed a picture of his dirty, bare feet. (WOTW)
6. Moneyglass Winterfell set is filming late at night, lit up like a Christmas tree. (WOTW)
7. Extras NI is seeking a newborn baby boy with brown eyes (no hair colour or ethnicity specified) for one day of filming in December in the last week of filming. We know that the northern storyline will still be filming at that point, at least.
8. There will be a scene shooting this week with Jaime, Cersei, and a new Hand of the King (although we don't know who that Hand is). (WOTW)
9. Dean Jagger has been cast as Smalljon Umber and will appear in two episodes. (WOTW)
10. Liam Cunningham praised Sansa's Season 6 storyline, suggesting some interaction between Davos and Sansa's storylines.
11. Reports of filming where they filmed Runestone last season with Lino Facioli (Robin Arryn) confirmed as returning (WOTW).
12. Rory and NCW basically confirm they're back for season seven as well (Twitter: https://twitter.com/rorygirvan/status/673975636927586304)
13. Kit and Sophie both back in Belfast for filming in the final filming days for s6 (Twitter).
14. Scene filming in Northern Ireland of Jon convincing the Wildlings to fight with him against the Boltons (Los 7 Reinos)

Then we have some pretty sizable Spoilers via Frikidoctor YouTube channel that a number of people consider credible (link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmR24YZ3gVc  Note: Spanish-language)

Here are English bullet points a Spanish-speaker on Previously.TV assembled from the video for those who do not speak Spanish. Judge for yourself whether you think its true or not.

1. King’s Landing:

Olenna asks Jaimie to free Margaery and Loras and provides him with the troops to do it. They find Margaery has converted to the Faith and she even becomes a septa. It’s not clear if she did this only to save herself or if she is truly a believer.

2. Arya:

recovers her sight, plays a role in the theater in Braavos and is supposed to kill a rich merchant there, but she doesn’t. The Waif comes after her, they fight and Arya kills The Waif. Arya then returns to Westeros.

3. Sam:

goes to Oldtown and visits his family. He claims little Sam as his son and leaves him in his family’s care.

4. The Greyjoys:

Yara rescues Theon and takes him to the Iron Islands. Balon Greyjoy calls for a big assembly, we meet Euron here. Balon dies and Euron becomes the leader of the Iron Islands. Yara dies but there’s no information as to how. The Greyjoys plot revolves around the horn that Euron has, but there are no details beyond that. Euron doesn’t go to Oldtown in search of the Maesters’ ancient book as the 4Chan summary claimed.

5. Bran Stark:

3 flashbacks. One is a scene for which there isn’t a lot of info, it could be about Bryndens Tully’s youth, it has already been filmed and there’s an albino actor in it. The second one is about Ned, Robert and Hodor’s childhood, Hodor’s real name is Walder and this scene reveals why he’s always saying Hodor, but the email does not confirm how this happens or if the 4Chan info is correct. The third one is the Tower of Joy. The episode title is “Promise me, Ned”. This last flashback they will reveal Jon’s parentage. To film this scene they almost emptied the set, except for 10 people who were absolutely necessary for filming

6. Daenerys:

Danny is captured as a slave and taken to Vaes Dothrak to live the rest of her life with the Dosh Khaleen. Drogon comes to the rescue setting the Dothraki temple on fire. The Dothraki are convinced that Dany is the one with the power and follow her

7. Mereen:

Tyrion is trying to hold the city. The Sons of the Harpy attack more and more ferociously. There’s a Red Priestess that becomes Tyrion’s right hand and tries to get the city under control with him. The Three Graces make their appearance, with the Green Grace in the lead, holding the most importance. The Green Grace will be revealed as the Leader of The Sons of the Harpy. There’s a massive attack from The Sons of The Harpy in episode 10 who slaughter a big chunk of the free slaves who supported Dany. Dany shows up at the eleventh hour with a Dothraki army who obliterate The Sons of the Harpy. There’s no scene featuring Danny leaving for Westeros.

8. The Riverlands:

Ian McShane is Septon Meribald. We’ll see The Hound again. The siege of Riverrun by the Freys will be featured. Jaime will go to the Riverlands, not to break the siege, but to ask for the Frey’s support against the Sparrows in King’s Landing. Brienne and Podrick will go to the Riverlands. Jaime and Brienne will meet again.

9. The Battle of Winterfell:

The Boltons will be supported by the Karstarks. The rest of the Northern families (Mormonts and Umbers are specifically mentioned) will fight with Jon and the Wildlings. The two people flayed on crosses are: Roose Bolton and Stannis Baratheon. Ramsay kills Roose because he’s afraid that he’d be replaced as heir by Wanda’s baby. Ramsay’s men find Stannis body in the woods, and Ramsay uses it to demoralize the Northern troops that oppose him. Jon, Sansa and Rickon will reunite in the battle. The Bolton troops massacre the Wildings, who are not disciplined enough to face them and are apparently the first to fall. Thormund dies. It is suspected that Wun Wun dies too, but that has not been confirmed because since he’s CGI, very few people know his fate. Ramsay and Jon face up, but Ramsey escapes. However, Ramsey is later killed by a direwolf; this is based on the actor having been seen wearing makeup that showed him with a huge bite on his neck. The Bolton troops appear to be winning, but, in the middle of the battle, Littlefinger shows up with the Vale’s army, in support of Jon Snow. In the middle of the confusion, there’s another death: Rickon Stark. He doesn’t die in a combat scene. His death happens outside the battle. And someone tries to take advantage of his death to push another heir to Winterfell.

10. The Wall:

The Wall will crack and fall. The White Walkers will cross it. Dolorous Edd will die. As the WW make it through The Wall, the bodies from the Battle of Winterfell will raise.

11. There’s a final battle waged at sea.

Very little is known about it because it’s got a lot of CGI and was filmed under a lot of secrecy. The participants are the Tyrells and Dorne, allied. No confirmation as to who they are fighting.

Thought I'd share a few compiled lists from over at Previously.TV since they very kindly also include their sources;

1. Carice has had very little filming this year, and it's all been interiors in Belfast with no extras and very hush-hush. (Los 7 Reinos)
2. The SFX team is using the Ghost ball-on-stick more than in previous years. (Los 7 Reinos)
4. The Ned/Lyanna scene inside the Tower of Joy has already been filmed. (Los 7 Reinos)
5. KL filming continues, as Eugene Simon Instagrammed a picture of his dirty, bare feet. (WOTW)
6. Moneyglass Winterfell set is filming late at night, lit up like a Christmas tree. (WOTW)
7. Extras NI is seeking a newborn baby boy with brown eyes (no hair colour or ethnicity specified) for one day of filming in December in the last week of filming. We know that the northern storyline will still be filming at that point, at least.
8. There will be a scene shooting this week with Jaime, Cersei, and a new Hand of the King (although we don't know who that Hand is). (WOTW)
9. Dean Jagger has been cast as Smalljon Umber and will appear in two episodes. (WOTW)
10. Liam Cunningham praised Sansa's Season 6 storyline, suggesting some interaction between Davos and Sansa's storylines.
11. Reports of filming where they filmed Runestone last season with Lino Facioli (Robin Arryn) confirmed as returning (WOTW).
12. Rory and NCW basically confirm they're back for season seven as well (Twitter: https://twitter.com/rorygirvan/status/673975636927586304)
13. Kit and Sophie both back in Belfast for filming in the final filming days for s6 (Twitter).
14. Scene filming in Northern Ireland of Jon convincing the Wildlings to fight with him against the Boltons (Los 7 Reinos)

Then we have some pretty sizable Spoilers via Frikidoctor YouTube channel that a number of people consider credible (link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmR24YZ3gVc  Note: Spanish-language)

Here are English bullet points a Spanish-speaker on Previously.TV assembled from the video for those who do not speak Spanish. Judge for yourself whether you think its true or not.

1. King’s Landing:

Olenna asks Jaimie to free Margaery and Loras and provides him with the troops to do it. They find Margaery has converted to the Faith and she even becomes a septa. It’s not clear if she did this only to save herself or if she is truly a believer.

2. Arya:

recovers her sight, plays a role in the theater in Braavos and is supposed to kill a rich merchant there, but she doesn’t. The Waif comes after her, they fight and Arya kills The Waif. Arya then returns to Westeros.

3. Sam:

goes to Oldtown and visits his family. He claims little Sam as his son and leaves him in his family’s care.

4. The Greyjoys:

Yara rescues Theon and takes him to the Iron Islands. Balon Greyjoy calls for a big assembly, we meet Euron here. Balon dies and Euron becomes the leader of the Iron Islands. Yara dies but there’s no information as to how. The Greyjoys plot revolves around the horn that Euron has, but there are no details beyond that. Euron doesn’t go to Oldtown in search of the Maesters’ ancient book as the 4Chan summary claimed.

5. Bran Stark:

3 flashbacks. One is a scene for which there isn’t a lot of info, it could be about Bryndens Tully’s youth, it has already been filmed and there’s an albino actor in it. The second one is about Ned, Robert and Hodor’s childhood, Hodor’s real name is Walder and this scene reveals why he’s always saying Hodor, but the email does not confirm how this happens or if the 4Chan info is correct. The third one is the Tower of Joy. The episode title is “Promise me, Ned”. This last flashback they will reveal Jon’s parentage. To film this scene they almost emptied the set, except for 10 people who were absolutely necessary for filming

6. Daenerys:

Danny is captured as a slave and taken to Vaes Dothrak to live the rest of her life with the Dosh Khaleen. Drogon comes to the rescue setting the Dothraki temple on fire. The Dothraki are convinced that Dany is the one with the power and follow her

7. Mereen:

Tyrion is trying to hold the city. The Sons of the Harpy attack more and more ferociously. There’s a Red Priestess that becomes Tyrion’s right hand and tries to get the city under control with him. The Three Graces make their appearance, with the Green Grace in the lead, holding the most importance. The Green Grace will be revealed as the Leader of The Sons of the Harpy. There’s a massive attack from The Sons of The Harpy in episode 10 who slaughter a big chunk of the free slaves who supported Dany. Dany shows up at the eleventh hour with a Dothraki army who obliterate The Sons of the Harpy. There’s no scene featuring Danny leaving for Westeros.

8. The Riverlands:

Ian McShane is Septon Meribald. We’ll see The Hound again. The siege of Riverrun by the Freys will be featured. Jaime will go to the Riverlands, not to break the siege, but to ask for the Frey’s support against the Sparrows in King’s Landing. Brienne and Podrick will go to the Riverlands. Jaime and Brienne will meet again.

The Boltons will be supported by the Karstarks. The rest of the Northern families (Mormonts and Umbers are specifically mentioned) will fight with Jon and the Wildlings. The two people flayed on crosses are: Roose Bolton and Stannis Baratheon. Ramsay kills Roose because he’s afraid that he’d be replaced as heir by Wanda’s baby. Ramsay’s men find Stannis body in the woods, and Ramsay uses it to demoralize the Northern troops that oppose him. Jon, Sansa and Rickon will reunite in the battle. The Bolton troops massacre the Wildings, who are not disciplined enough to face them and are apparently the first to fall. Thormund dies. It is suspected that Wun Wun dies too, but that has not been confirmed because since he’s CGI, very few people know his fate. Ramsay and Jon face up, but Ramsey escapes. However, Ramsey is later killed by a direwolf; this is based on the actor having been seen wearing makeup that showed him with a huge bite on his neck. The Bolton troops appear to be winning, but, in the middle of the battle, Littlefinger shows up with the Vale’s army, in support of Jon Snow. In the middle of the confusion, there’s another death: Rickon Stark. He doesn’t die in a combat scene. His death happens outside the battle. And someone tries to take advantage of his death to push another heir to Winterfell.

10. The Wall:

The Wall will crack and fall. The White Walkers will cross it. Dolorous Edd will die. As the WW make it through The Wall, the bodies from the Battle of Winterfell will raise.

Very little is known about it because it’s got a lot of CGI and was filmed under a lot of secrecy. The participants are the Tyrells and Dorne, allied. No confirmation as to who they are fighting.

:thumbsup:

Thank you for  summarizing all the filming information.  It is very helpful.

:thumbsup:

Thank you for  summarizing all the filming information.  It is very helpful.

I will say several bits of this info really helped put some thoughts I've been having about how the whole story would resolve into focus. The bit about Jon's resurrection requiring both Ghost (symbolic of ice) and Melisandre (fire) is what really made me focus in on Jon Snow as the balance between Ice and Fire... the guy who could be a go between or peace-broker because while he has ties to both, he belongs to neither and the fact that it appears D&D are using both ice and fire when they could have pretty easily gotten away with just having Mel do it for the show if there were no further ramifications to his resurrection says to me that keeping him in balance is important to the ending that GRRM has shared with them.

The stuff about Dany becoming Khal of Khals (if the Dothraki had words they'd be: Murder, Rape, Steal) and her darker turn in season five (throwing a potentially innocent man to be burned alive and ripped apart by her dragons to get what she wants really stands out on a marathon re-watch when poor Shireen is burned alive by Stannis to get what he wants not too long thereafter) coupled with her book counterpart deciding "who cares about how many innocents will die. Enough compromise. Blood and Fire to get what I want!" is what convinced me that Dany is being set up to be the opposite number of White Walkers... an equally destructive force embodying fire... and that she is actually Azor Ahai reborn, the champion of fire who, if she wins, will usher in an age of eternal fire every bit as horrible as the Long Night.

Because if you think a warlord whose words are Blood and Fire in command of all the Dothraki hordes, at least one Red Priest as an advisor (shows up to help Tyrion) and in command of living WMD's while probably in alliance for naval forces with either the Martells or Ironborn (I suspect that Euron will be a composite of himself and Victarion and head to meet Dany in Mereen with his horn, much like Victarion did in the books) is going to be a good thing for anyone who isn't Dany... let me reassure you that its not. I would not be surprised in the least if we get a compare and contrast of the White Walkers' legions of the dead marching south with the assembled legions of Dany's army preparing for their conquest of Westeros.

I have always suspected that Littlefinger would want Rickon out of the way if he is discovered to be alive. LF will want Sansa and the North if he can get both.

Based on the spoilers its unclear whether its Littlefinger himself who takes out Rickon during the battle or if its Ramsey pulling a "even if I don't win, you still lose" on Jon and Sansa. In terms of Littlefinger's eventual downfall I think it works better if its him (he overreaches and is discovered which allows Sansa to break his plans and "slay the titan" in accord with the books), but in terms of just the season six narrative I think it might be better if its Ramsey who does the deed.

My theory is that Jon's resurrection will be used as a Chekov's gun for Rickon's end. I think we'll get it established with Jon's resurrection that when a skinchanger dies, their soul enters the body of the animal they are linked to. Jon's soul will go into Ghost, where it will be preserved until Mel's magic can restore his body. With this established then when Rickon is killed it will not come out of nowhere that his soul wargs into Shaggy Dog and then, as Shaggy Dog, he's the one who does in Ramsey (given the number of people Ramsey's had torn apart by dogs, it'd be an extremely appropriate end for him).

Of course the situation will be such that he can't be restored to life as Jon was because that creates more drama and our story isn't done yet. Rickon may live on after a fashion, slightly lessening the blow of his death to Jon, Sansa and Bran (sadly I don't believe Arya will ever find out as her path keeps leading away from a Stark reunion), but it also ensues that he's not going to be the heir to Winterfell.

Bran will similarly be out of contention... the Stark children having dreams of his being alive and that he's learning to become the last Greenseer won't change the opinion of those others with power that Bran is dead  and will never to return (and if he goes through with becoming a tree he'll never return even if he is still alive).

That leaves Jon (believed to be Ned's bastard) and Sansa (Ned's eldest and last known living legitimate child) as the leading candidates and I don't doubt that the plot element of someone pushing a particular candidate are going to be Littlefinger pushing Sansa (I'm betting Rickon's body won't even be cold before he starts).

Further, I think he'll link that with the suggestion that, as Lord Protector of the Vale whose forces just saved Jon, Sansa and the North from a Bolton victory, they should forge an alliance through marriage... Littlefinger to Sansa (the fact that he has the largest army present, even if his grip on it is a bit tenuous, helps reinforce the point) and breaking that dreadful proposition will probably be a plot in season seven.

That said, if the bit about the breach of the Wall resulting in the dead from the Battle of WINTERFELL rising then any scheme of Littlefinger's will likely prove moot and the only thing that might save our Northern crew is my suspicion that Winterfell has magical properties similar to the Greenseer's Weirwood that Bran went to and can magically prevent the wights from entering (which is also the ONLY explanation I can think of for why the Lords of Winterfell were buried in crypts rather than burned as seems to be the custom of the First Men... because of where they were buried they did not need to fear them rising as wights).

And speaking of the crypts, while its not in any spoilers, I'm betting that something about the vision of the Tower of Joy will provide a clue that there is something in Lyanna's tomb that can prove Jon's paternity and that Bran will convey that to Jon (because if only Bran and the audience know its not nearly as useful a plot element). They may not have given Jon the dreams that told him he had to go into the crypts on the show, but so long as someone can tell him to go look there it doesn't matter much in the grand scheme of things... he will go into the crypts and gain proof of his true identity.

There's definitely the prospects for some interesting things to occur next season.

Well, I was somewhat wrong in my calculation, and the date had passed that matches ADWD timeline. New books come out on Tuesday and the 19th is the one before 04/24.

I believe George will announce when the manuscript is completed as he did with ADWD.  The timeline I saw was from when the manuscript was completed.  I do not see why he will change it.

S6 should 04/24. Vinyl premiere is 02/14 and based on 10 episode the finale is 04/17, Despite other reports, HBO does not have a habit of skipping a week between season finales and premieres.

I do not think the book is going to be out before the premiere.

Vinyl premieres with 2 episodes on the 2/14 not just pilot, taking that in account - season finale is on 04/10.

Vinyl premieres with 2 episodes on the 2/14 not just pilot, taking that in account - season finale is on 04/10.

That was information I did not know.  I thought the new Girls and Togetherness were also premiering that night.

Double check and I was wrong, those two shows are the following week.  So, the 17th is a possibility.  I can see them skipping so those two comedies can finish their seasons and then premiere on the 24th with Silicon Valley and Veep.

1. King’s Landing:

2. Arya:

3. Sam:

4. The Greyjoys:

5. Bran Stark:

6. Daenerys:

7. Mereen:

8. The Riverlands:

10. The Wall:

Thanks for the summery! 

Some of this extra information from youtube sounds more like speculation then creditable information. 

1. Margaery could very likely become more devout or at least pretend to be more devout, but would she be able to become a Septa if she is already married to Tommen? That does not seem possible. A septa seems to be more like a nun, which would mean that it is impossible for Margaery to become one.

There is also still the mystery of the handsome young man that Littlefinger offered to Olenna. If this handsome young man happens to be Olyvar and Olenna can proof that Olyvar actually worked in a brothel, and that he is not simply a squire, then his testimony against Loras and Margaery would not count for much. His testimony should become void. 

It is possible that Margaery might pretend to become more devout in order to have more control over the High Sparrow. We do know about the scene where Jaime rides his horse onto the steps of Balor, and that Tommen and Margaery will appear. 

4. It seems much more likely that Balon would die before this big assembly or Kingsmoot. But I guess it does not really matter when he dies as long as he dies at some point. 

5. A typo, it is obviously meant to Bryden Rivers, it would be interesting to know more about Bloodraven. I doubt that they would actually name an episode "Promise me, Ned". But who knows.

6. Dany wouldn't be a slave, as the widow of a Khal it is just seen as her duty to become part of the Dosh Khaleen. 

7. I am not sure that the show will have or need the 3 Graces or the Green Grace. We haven't seen anything about that yet, it sounds like more of a book prediction that is incorporated to predict the show. I am not sure that we will see a leader for the Harpies. But who knows I guess it could happen.  

9. According to most sources the Karstarks and the Umbers will side with the Boltons. It is likely that the Umbers are playing double agents and that they will turn against the Boltons at some point. It seems like the Starks will have the Mormonts, Hornwoods and the Wildlings right from the start. 

It seems obvious that Ramsay will kill Roose during the season, but I am not sure that he would place him on a cross. Placing Stannis on a cross seems very unlikely. There is no reason that the death of Stannis would demoralize the Northern troops. Stannis was killed in episode 10 of season 5 that is a lifetime ago, it would seem like too much time would have passed to have Stannis on a cross in episode 9 of season 6. 

The Wildlings does have less discipline then the other armies but it also depends on the mode of attack. We saw Melisandre sacrifice Shireen for the snows to clear, so that Stannis could launch an assault with his cavalry.  By episode 9 of season 6 it seems quite likely that the snow will once again be too heavy for a cavalry attack. If that is the case then the Wildlings could do quite well, out of all of the armies they are the best equipped to deal with the cold of winter.  

We know that there will be a scene between Ramsay, Littlefinger, Sansa, Jon and Wun Wun either before the battle or perhaps after the battle. If this scene is after the battle then it seems unlikely that Ramsay would experience death by direwolf. I guess we'll have to see what will happen to Rickon. 

10. It seems very likely that the wall might be breached in the last episode, but from the reports we've seen it seems very unlikely that a breach of the Wall would have anything to do with the battle of the bastards. There is already a lot going on with that battle, having corpses reanimated would seem unnecessary. If the Wall does fall in the final episode it could very likely be the last scene of the season. 

- .It is very likely that Ghost might be present when Jon is resurrected, but it is also very difficult to see how exactly Ghost would be involved in Jon's resurrection scene. The only way in which Ghost could be physically involved is if he is killed, but that would contradict the reports that Ghost will appear in a lot of scenes this season. 

I doubt that they would actually name an episode "Promise me, Ned". But who knows

Are the titles different in other languages? I have no idea. It might be that it sounds less awkward in Spanish.

Dany wouldn't be a slave, as the widow of a Khal it is just seen as her duty to become part of the Dosh Khaleen. 

The Dothraki may see it as a duty, but if its Dany being taken and held someplace against her will how does that not equate to slavery? Gotta remember this guy isn't exactly a superfan either. He reports on all sorts of sci-fi/fantasy related projects. If it looks like a duck and walks like a duck, he's probably going to report that its a duck, regardless of nuances the book readers might have for the scenes.

I am not sure that the show will have or need the 3 Graces or the Green Grace.

If, as is being claimed, the Graces are the leaders of the Sons of the Harpy, then it would make sense to include them in the story. Not having a leader for the Sons of the Harpy would be like telling a story about taking down a drug cartel, but never even mentioning or showing us who the head of that cartel is.

According to most sources the Karstarks and the Umbers will side with the Boltons. It is likely that the Umbers are playing double agents and that they will turn against the Boltons at some point.

And if the Umbers are double agents who turn against the Boltons that would mean the Boltons only true allies for the Battle of the Bastards would be the Karstarks, as he stated.

It seems very likely that the wall might be breached in the last episode, but from the reports we've seen it seems very unlikely that a breach of the Wall would have anything to do with the battle of the bastards. There is already a lot going on with that battle, having corpses reanimated would seem unnecessary. If the Wall does fall in the final episode it could very likely be the last scene of the season. 

You're confusing the timing I think. The Battle of the Bastards is supposedly episode nine. The Wall falling would be the end of episode ten.

The battle is over and so for Jon, Sansa, Littlefinger and any other major survivors the plot will probably involve them settling into Winterfell to plan their next move and mourn their dead. Littlefinger probably puts forth his endgame proposal and things might get a bit heated until CRACK! That's the sound of the Wall coming down.

If I were a betting man, I'd wager the sound of the Wall coming down will be heard everywhere... The North, Riverlands, Kings Landing, maybe even as far away as Mereen... magical barriers that stand for thousands upon thousands of years don't go quietly in my experience with fiction (plus its a chance to show glorious reaction shots from EVERYONE in the cast).

Then cut back to Winterfell where we see the first effects of the Wall falling... all the dead from the battle just a day or two before still laying in the frozen snow begin to stir... and rise. Fade to black and see you next season.

THAT would be pretty fantastic actually.

ETA: cause I missed it the first time...

It is very likely that Ghost might be present when Jon is resurrected, but it is also very difficult to see how exactly Ghost would be involved in Jon's resurrection scene. The only way in which Ghost could be physically involved is if he is killed, but that would contradict the reports that Ghost will appear in a lot of scenes this season.

There is spec that Jon's soul may end up in Ghost when he dies (likely an important point for the book version of Jon's resurrection since those brought back by the Kiss alone seem to come back a bit "wrong") and so Ghost being present and involved may involve Jon's soul being pulled out of Ghost and back into his own body.

If the part about the WF storyline is true, then it's absolute shit. Rickon having literally no purpose in the series and bein g killed off after being off-screen for two seasons, Ramsay somehow getting away because he's Ramsay only to be killed by a direwolf, the Starks allying with LF even though anyone with half a brain can tell he's a straight up villain, Tormund, the only established wildling, being killed off because the show is doing its utmost to be depressing.. And oh yeah, another Stark dying which I already mentioned..

1. King’s Landing:

2. Arya:

3. Sam:

4. The Greyjoys:

5. Bran Stark:

6. Daenerys:

7. Mereen:

8. The Riverlands:

10. The Wall:

Liam praised Sansa's storyline. Did you know where will Sansa go or end up? The Wall, LF or elsewhere with Umbers? Jon and Sansa are supposed to share some scenes. Anything worth mentioning on this?

From what I know many of these things makes sense. I just wanted to ask you if Mel, Davos and Ghost will make it? Davos is supposed to be in the battle with Jon.

Asfor Rickon's death outside of the battle LF might be the one to push Sansa to seat in Winterfell.

Archived