[SPOILERS] Season 6 discussion thread.

Seany2512

- .It is very likely that Ghost might be present when Jon is resurrected, but it is also very difficult to see how exactly Ghost would be involved in Jon's resurrection scene. The only way in which Ghost could be physically involved is if he is killed, but that would contradict the reports that Ghost will appear in a lot of scenes this season. 

If Jon's resurrection is in ep. 5. We might see Ghost for 4 episodes straight then killed.

Liam praised Sansa's storyline. Did you know where will Sansa go or end up? The Wall, LF or elsewhere with Umbers?

At this point, it's looking most likely that she ends up with Littlefinger, probably by some time around the midpoint at the latest.

Liam praised Sansa's storyline. Did you know where will Sansa go or end up? The Wall, LF or elsewhere with Umbers? Jon and Sansa are supposed to share some scenes. Anything worth mentioning on this?

Since in the book Theon and Jeyne come across the Umber after their escape, so I figured this would apply for the TV show as well. But with Stannis gone, what the Umber's going to do with them is questionable. Will the Umber send Sansa to the wall for safety or introduced her to Rickon first? In my opinion, it would be the former just so keep Rickon's well about safe from the Bolton.

Asfor Rickon's death outside of the battle LF might be the one to push Sansa to seat in Winterfell.

Just reading this, I have the feeling that Littlefinger is going to kill Rickon secretly just for this reason.

About Jaime rescuing Margaery, does this happen before or after his visit to Riverlands? And with the Siege of Riverland, the Northern battle, and possibly the Greyjoy's invasion of Oldtown happening, how are they going to condensed this in one season?

Since in the book Theon and Jeyne come across the Umber after their escape, so I figured this would apply for the TV show as well. But with Stannis gone, what the Umber's going to do with them is questionable. Will the Umber send Sansa to the wall for safety or introduced her to Rickon first? In my opinion, it would be the former just so keep Rickon's well about safe from the Bolton.

Just reading this, I have the feeling that Littlefinger is going to kill Rickon secretly just for this reason.

About Jaime rescuing Margaery, does this happen before or after his visit to Riverlands? And with the Siege of Riverland, the Northern battle, and possibly the Greyjoy's invasion of Oldtown happening, how are they going to condensed this in one season?

Greyjoy invasion of Oldtown will be probbaly swiftly done. No to mention there is supposed to be some form of Battle For Meereen. They will focuse most likely more on Battle of North and Siege of Riverrun. They spend significant amount of time with these shootings and it should be big.

As for Sansa's destination. Most likely it looks like LF or Umbers. Umbers supposed to side with Boltons for some reasons so it would be complicated if Sansa ends up there. Her arch is amazing according to Liam. Gathering ressistance or undermining LF would be great. Jon, Sansa and Rickon will be most likely reunite in the battle or around that somewhere. There is supposed to be that scene with Jon, Sansa, LF and Ramsay. Interesting to say when it will take a place. Before or after the battle. Supposed to be rising bodies from battlefield, but I somehow don't believe in this or Stannis burned along with Roose. Roose makes sense, but Stannis is not the smartest choice. I would expect Tormund, Davos or Osha.

The supposed "group" discussion scene in Winterfell with Jon, Sansa, LF and Ramsay would seem to me to happen after the battle and Ramsay may have an important hostage, otherwise they would not be in there "talking" to him and not taring that psycho to pieces.

The only possible hostage would be Sansa, but maybe it would be Rickon. Depends if he's still alive at this point. Sansa makes a better case. You're probably right about it being after the battle. I just can't picture Jon going to lions den before the battle, when it's clear that Boltons need to be dealt with by force and not negotiating. Unless Ramsay takes a hostage during the battle and it's very much a D&D for it to be Sansa. If LF arrives to help Northerners. He might go into WF to negotiate along with Jon. The most interesting part is that Wun Wun is trying to break into Winterfell and they need to defend themselve from him. This would suggest Boltons remaining troops from the battle are there. Ramsay barricade himself there.

Liam praised Sansa's storyline. Did you know where will Sansa go or end up? The Wall, LF or elsewhere with Umbers? Jon and Sansa are supposed to share some scenes. Anything worth mentioning on this?

From what I know many of these things makes sense. I just wanted to ask you if Mel, Davos and Ghost will make it? Davos is supposed to be in the battle with Jon.

Asfor Rickon's death outside of the battle LF might be the one to push Sansa to seat in Winterfell.

I have no solid sources myself, so I can only speculate, but between Liam's comments, a couple of random bits and plot hooks dropped towards the end of last season, I think Sansa will be making for the Wall and will likely get there about the time Jon severs himself completely from the Night Watch.

I don't know for certain if Mel, Davos and Ghost will make it either, but I'd guess that Mel will survive for now because she'll still be needed as exposition fairy of all things fire-related, Davos will survive because they're already killing off one trusted adviser type figure with Tormund (more on that later) and Ghost will likely survive simply because the fortunes of a Stark seem to be tied to their dire wolf so Ghost surviving while Jon does makes sense. Only Sansa gets the misfortune of being spiritually severed from her wolf (and even that I suspect is for plot reasons).

And yes, I'm almost certain Rickon's death will be used by Littlefinger to push Sansa as Queen in the North (and likely that Sansa should wed him to boot). The only real debate in my head is whether Littlefinger is merely taking advantage of Rickon's death or if he was actually behind it (in which case it'll be the overreach that ends up doing him in for good when proof surfaces and gives Sansa an excuse to "slay the titan in a castle of snow" as was foretold in the books).

If the part about the WF storyline is true, then it's absolute shit. Rickon having literally no purpose in the series and bein g killed off after being off-screen for two seasons, Ramsay somehow getting away because he's Ramsay only to be killed by a direwolf, the Starks allying with LF even though anyone with half a brain can tell he's a straight up villain, Tormund, the only established wildling, being killed off because the show is doing its utmost to be depressing.. And oh yeah, another Stark dying which I already mentioned..

Walder Frey and Balon Greyjoy are also being brought back after seasons away to be killed off too.

As to Ramsey's fate, I've got a theory about that;

I think they're going to use Jon's resurrection to foreshadow Rickon's fate by establishing that, due to their inborn warging abilities (which I think we'll see from Arya this year due to her blindness) the soul of a Stark who dies goes into the body of their dire wolf. This is what allows Jon to be resurrected more completely than Beric was.

So with that established, let's say Ramsey is behind Rickon's death... Rickon wargs into Shaggy Dog just as Jon did with Ghost when he was killed and then as Shaggy Dog it is Rickon who kills Ramsey. Given all the people he's had killed by his hounds that would actually be a pretty fitting end to Ramsey if he was torn apart by Rickon/Shaggy Dog.

As to allying with Littlefinger, it sounds like it won't occur until after Jon/Sansa's forces are nearly spent and Littlefinger marches in with the Vale armies to rescue them. They don't have much choice but to "ally" with him at that point because he's got the largest army in the area and their's is in no shape to fight.

Further, if the Wall comes down and the dead start to rise on the battlefield around Winterfell as stated then a Stark/Littlefinger alliance may be more a matter of survivors in the middle of a zombie apocalypse having to band together to survive than any sort of moral judgement on Littlefinger's villainy (because if the White Walkers kill everyone his wanting to rule Westeros is pretty irrelevant).

As to Tormund, its about the same as the decision to kill off Selmy because Tyrion showed up for Dany's arc or merging Bronn with the captain of the guard during season two. A novel has an unlimited special effects and casting budget, but television and film do not.

The reality of a television/film production is that every character on the show is an actor they have to pay so having multiple characters in the same role is wasteful, especially when there are a million other things that money could be spent on, particularly as the supernatural elements of the world are starting to take a more prominent role in the story.

My guess is that since both Tormund and Davos' roles are as "wise council" to the leader that a decision was made to cut one of them and, based on GRRM's bullet points for books 6 and 7 Tormund was the more expendable of the two... particularly if Jon's resurrection lets him become outright leader of the surviving Wildlings while Tormund is basically his "Hand."

If Jon can lead what's left of the Wildlings without Tormund, then keeping Davos as Jon's adviser makes narrative sense because Davos has experience with more than just what lies North of the Wall. Davos is more familiar with Westerosi politics, particularly to the South and what's going on across the Narrow Sea... while Jon already has a pretty firm grasp on what's going on in the North.

By the same token, Rickon's NEVER had a role in the series beyond plot device (and he's never been a PoV character in the novels either). He's the backup Stark. He's only important because Robb is dead and Bran is looking to become a tree... so he's the eldest legitimate son left... not due to any choice he's made. He's a convenient resolution to "Who's Lord of Winterfell?"

The story is headed into the third act though and third acts eat convenient resolutions for breakfast. Convenient resolutions NEVER work in fiction. Backups and failsafes always fail in the third act.

So Rickon dies and the throne of Winterfell becomes is up for grabs as various players move to support either a bastard son or a legitimate daughter, neither of whom is ideal... with the outside shot of a crippled eldest legitimate son having to give up his magical destiny to return and rule as Lord of Winterfell.

They could soften the blow by establishing the Rickon is pretty wild to begin with and not looking forward to being trapped as a lord in a castle, so that when he dies and becomes his direwolf it will almost be Rickon's ideal ending while still leaving the issue of who is to rule Winterfell wide open.

Thought I'd share a few compiled lists from over at Previously.TV since they very kindly also include their sources;

1. Carice has had very little filming this year, and it's all been interiors in Belfast with no extras and very hush-hush. (Los 7 Reinos)
2. The SFX team is using the Ghost ball-on-stick more than in previous years. (Los 7 Reinos)
3. Ghost will be involved in Jon's resurrection process. (Los 7 Reinos)
4. The Ned/Lyanna scene inside the Tower of Joy has already been filmed. (Los 7 Reinos)
5. KL filming continues, as Eugene Simon Instagrammed a picture of his dirty, bare feet. (WOTW)
6. Moneyglass Winterfell set is filming late at night, lit up like a Christmas tree. (WOTW)
7. Extras NI is seeking a newborn baby boy with brown eyes (no hair colour or ethnicity specified) for one day of filming in December in the last week of filming. We know that the northern storyline will still be filming at that point, at least.
8. There will be a scene shooting this week with Jaime, Cersei, and a new Hand of the King (although we don't know who that Hand is). (WOTW)
9. Dean Jagger has been cast as Smalljon Umber and will appear in two episodes. (WOTW)
10. Liam Cunningham praised Sansa's Season 6 storyline, suggesting some interaction between Davos and Sansa's storylines.
11. Reports of filming where they filmed Runestone last season with Lino Facioli (Robin Arryn) confirmed as returning (WOTW).
12. Rory and NCW basically confirm they're back for season seven as well (Twitter: https://twitter.com/rorygirvan/status/673975636927586304)
13. Kit and Sophie both back in Belfast for filming in the final filming days for s6 (Twitter).
14. Scene filming in Northern Ireland of Jon convincing the Wildlings to fight with him against the Boltons (Los 7 Reinos)

Then we have some pretty sizable Spoilers via Frikidoctor YouTube channel that a number of people consider credible (link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmR24YZ3gVc  Note: Spanish-language)

Here are English bullet points a Spanish-speaker on Previously.TV assembled from the video for those who do not speak Spanish. Judge for yourself whether you think its true or not.

1. King’s Landing:

Olenna asks Jaimie to free Margaery and Loras and provides him with the troops to do it. They find Margaery has converted to the Faith and she even becomes a septa. It’s not clear if she did this only to save herself or if she is truly a believer.

2. Arya:

recovers her sight, plays a role in the theater in Braavos and is supposed to kill a rich merchant there, but she doesn’t. The Waif comes after her, they fight and Arya kills The Waif. Arya then returns to Westeros.

3. Sam:

goes to Oldtown and visits his family. He claims little Sam as his son and leaves him in his family’s care.

4. The Greyjoys:

Yara rescues Theon and takes him to the Iron Islands. Balon Greyjoy calls for a big assembly, we meet Euron here. Balon dies and Euron becomes the leader of the Iron Islands. Yara dies but there’s no information as to how. The Greyjoys plot revolves around the horn that Euron has, but there are no details beyond that. Euron doesn’t go to Oldtown in search of the Maesters’ ancient book as the 4Chan summary claimed.

5. Bran Stark:

3 flashbacks. One is a scene for which there isn’t a lot of info, it could be about Bryndens Tully’s youth, it has already been filmed and there’s an albino actor in it. The second one is about Ned, Robert and Hodor’s childhood, Hodor’s real name is Walder and this scene reveals why he’s always saying Hodor, but the email does not confirm how this happens or if the 4Chan info is correct. The third one is the Tower of Joy. The episode title is “Promise me, Ned”. This last flashback they will reveal Jon’s parentage. To film this scene they almost emptied the set, except for 10 people who were absolutely necessary for filming

6. Daenerys:

Danny is captured as a slave and taken to Vaes Dothrak to live the rest of her life with the Dosh Khaleen. Drogon comes to the rescue setting the Dothraki temple on fire. The Dothraki are convinced that Dany is the one with the power and follow her

7. Mereen:

Tyrion is trying to hold the city. The Sons of the Harpy attack more and more ferociously. There’s a Red Priestess that becomes Tyrion’s right hand and tries to get the city under control with him. The Three Graces make their appearance, with the Green Grace in the lead, holding the most importance. The Green Grace will be revealed as the Leader of The Sons of the Harpy. There’s a massive attack from The Sons of The Harpy in episode 10 who slaughter a big chunk of the free slaves who supported Dany. Dany shows up at the eleventh hour with a Dothraki army who obliterate The Sons of the Harpy. There’s no scene featuring Danny leaving for Westeros.

8. The Riverlands:

Ian McShane is Septon Meribald. We’ll see The Hound again. The siege of Riverrun by the Freys will be featured. Jaime will go to the Riverlands, not to break the siege, but to ask for the Frey’s support against the Sparrows in King’s Landing. Brienne and Podrick will go to the Riverlands. Jaime and Brienne will meet again.

9. The Battle of Winterfell:

The Boltons will be supported by the Karstarks. The rest of the Northern families (Mormonts and Umbers are specifically mentioned) will fight with Jon and the Wildlings. The two people flayed on crosses are: Roose Bolton and Stannis Baratheon. Ramsay kills Roose because he’s afraid that he’d be replaced as heir by Wanda’s baby. Ramsay’s men find Stannis body in the woods, and Ramsay uses it to demoralize the Northern troops that oppose him. Jon, Sansa and Rickon will reunite in the battle. The Bolton troops massacre the Wildings, who are not disciplined enough to face them and are apparently the first to fall. Thormund dies. It is suspected that Wun Wun dies too, but that has not been confirmed because since he’s CGI, very few people know his fate. Ramsay and Jon face up, but Ramsey escapes. However, Ramsey is later killed by a direwolf; this is based on the actor having been seen wearing makeup that showed him with a huge bite on his neck. The Bolton troops appear to be winning, but, in the middle of the battle, Littlefinger shows up with the Vale’s army, in support of Jon Snow. In the middle of the confusion, there’s another death: Rickon Stark. He doesn’t die in a combat scene. His death happens outside the battle. And someone tries to take advantage of his death to push another heir to Winterfell.

10. The Wall:

The Wall will crack and fall. The White Walkers will cross it. Dolorous Edd will die. As the WW make it through The Wall, the bodies from the Battle of Winterfell will raise.

11. There’s a final battle waged at sea.

Very little is known about it because it’s got a lot of CGI and was filmed under a lot of secrecy. The participants are the Tyrells and Dorne, allied. No confirmation as to who they are fighting.

Thanks for the summary. Many of these points look plausible and correspond to actual reports but others looks like pure speculation especially parts that look like wistful predictions from the books. 

For example - Battle of Winterfell /White Walkers/Wun-Wun - based on reports from witnesses from filming - Ramsey doesn't die till Battle is over and 4 of participants - LittleFinger, Sansa, Jon Snow and Ramsey are alive and well in Winterfell enough to parlay/argue and then have Wun-Wun attacks the Walls (unknown whether wight or alive) and everyone fights (each other or wights). So Ramsey is alive and not bitten till then. So I call - unlikely on that one. 

It seems obvious that Ramsay will kill Roose during the season, but I am not sure that he would place him on a cross. Placing Stannis on a cross seems very unlikely. There is no reason that the death of Stannis would demoralize the Northern troops. Stannis was killed in episode 10 of season 5 that is a lifetime ago, it would seem like too much time would have passed to have Stannis on a cross in episode 9 of season 6. 

Not to mention, Brienne already behead Stannis so Ramsay placing Stannis on the cross without his head wouldn't make sense. My bet is on Fat Walda. I mean what happen to her while Ramsay killed Roose and put him up in display. Surely Ramsay would definitely do something to her and his unborn half brother.

About the Greyjoy assembly, I doubt it there's going to be one because the source confirmed the filming of a certain bridge which indicated Balon meeting his death by Euron or a faceless man.

Walder Frey and Balon Greyjoy are also being brought back after seasons away to be killed off too.

As to Ramsey's fate, I've got a theory about that;

I think they're going to use Jon's resurrection to foreshadow Rickon's fate by establishing that, due to their inborn warging abilities (which I think we'll see from Arya this year due to her blindness) the soul of a Stark who dies goes into the body of their dire wolf. This is what allows Jon to be resurrected more completely than Beric was.

So with that established, let's say Ramsey is behind Rickon's death... Rickon wargs into Shaggy Dog just as Jon did with Ghost when he was killed and then as Shaggy Dog it is Rickon who kills Ramsey. Given all the people he's had killed by his hounds that would actually be a pretty fitting end to Ramsey if he was torn apart by Rickon/Shaggy Dog.

As to allying with Littlefinger, it sounds like it won't occur until after Jon/Sansa's forces are nearly spent and Littlefinger marches in with the Vale armies to rescue them. They don't have much choice but to "ally" with him at that point because he's got the largest army in the area and their's is in no shape to fight.

Further, if the Wall comes down and the dead start to rise on the battlefield around Winterfell as stated then a Stark/Littlefinger alliance may be more a matter of survivors in the middle of a zombie apocalypse having to band together to survive than any sort of moral judgement on Littlefinger's villainy (because if the White Walkers kill everyone his wanting to rule Westeros is pretty irrelevant).

As to Tormund, its about the same as the decision to kill off Selmy because Tyrion showed up for Dany's arc or merging Bronn with the captain of the guard during season two. A novel has an unlimited special effects and casting budget, but television and film do not.

The reality of a television/film production is that every character on the show is an actor they have to pay so having multiple characters in the same role is wasteful, especially when there are a million other things that money could be spent on, particularly as the supernatural elements of the world are starting to take a more prominent role in the story.

My guess is that since both Tormund and Davos' roles are as "wise council" to the leader that a decision was made to cut one of them and, based on GRRM's bullet points for books 6 and 7 Tormund was the more expendable of the two... particularly if Jon's resurrection lets him become outright leader of the surviving Wildlings while Tormund is basically his "Hand."

If Jon can lead what's left of the Wildlings without Tormund, then keeping Davos as Jon's adviser makes narrative sense because Davos has experience with more than just what lies North of the Wall. Davos is more familiar with Westerosi politics, particularly to the South and what's going on across the Narrow Sea... while Jon already has a pretty firm grasp on what's going on in the North.

By the same token, Rickon's NEVER had a role in the series beyond plot device (and he's never been a PoV character in the novels either). He's the backup Stark. He's only important because Robb is dead and Bran is looking to become a tree... so he's the eldest legitimate son left... not due to any choice he's made. He's a convenient resolution to "Who's Lord of Winterfell?"

The story is headed into the third act though and third acts eat convenient resolutions for breakfast. Convenient resolutions NEVER work in fiction. Backups and failsafes always fail in the third act.

So Rickon dies and the throne of Winterfell becomes is up for grabs as various players move to support either a bastard son or a legitimate daughter, neither of whom is ideal... with the outside shot of a crippled eldest legitimate son having to give up his magical destiny to return and rule as Lord of Winterfell.

They could soften the blow by establishing the Rickon is pretty wild to begin with and not looking forward to being trapped as a lord in a castle, so that when he dies and becomes his direwolf it will almost be Rickon's ideal ending while still leaving the issue of who is to rule Winterfell wide open.

Both characters had their parts to play in the overall storyline, especially the Starks', while Rickon has had literally no purpose so far. If his death paves the way for Sansa to inherit Winterfell then they're going to have a problem with Bran who's alive in the show as far as Sansa herself knows. And it that was his only purpose, to be killed off, then they could have just as well written him off earlier. I think Rickon posing serious problems for LF's plans to control the North and the Riverlands through Sansa makes for more compelling writing than just killing Rickon off, but that's just me.

We already learned that a warg can enter an animal's body when his own body dies in season 4 with Orell. A simple "previosuly on GoT" can remind the audience of that.

I'm not sure how that's a satisfactory conslusion to Ramsay's storyline or how Rickon will be killed off as long as Shaggy's still alive? They're inseperable and Shaggy's the most protective of the direwolves. They'll have to go through Shaggy to kill Rickon, so either both die or both live. 

Yes, I get that, but I can't be the only one who thinks it's ridiculous that after we spent an entire storyline with Stannis getting ready to battle the Boltons only to lose, we're now going to see Jon getting ready to wage war against them only to lose (until LF shows up and saves the day). Also, how can the Boltons (and Karstarks) still be so powerful as to pose a serious threat against a united North, when the former lost men in the battle against Stannis? Did I miss somethign or are the Boltons seriously overpowered?

Tormund serves a completely different function in Jon's storyline than Barristan did in Dany's. His role is more comparable to that of Grey Worm's or Daario's. He's the face of the wildlings, re represents them and helps familiarize them to us. If they kill him off then they need to introduce another widling leader to us and that will have the same effect on the budget as simply keeping Tormund. Barristan was one advisor of several and what made him unique to the others was that he could offer Dany information about her family that the others weren't privy to, especially the bit about Rhaegar (though the info he provided wasn't really that unique).

Yes, and it might just be me, but I've always thought it's pretty obvious that Rickon will continue the Stark line, which still makes him relevant.

The Dothraki may see it as a duty, but if its Dany being taken and held someplace against her will how does that not equate to slavery? Gotta remember this guy isn't exactly a superfan either. He reports on all sorts of sci-fi/fantasy related projects. If it looks like a duck and walks like a duck, he's probably going to report that its a duck, regardless of nuances the book readers might have for the scenes.

It is more equatable to being a hostage then a slave. She married into the Dorhraki culture and she even embraced it at some point, she would understand that they would see it as their duty to return her to the Dosh Khaleen. 

If, as is being claimed, the Graces are the leaders of the Sons of the Harpy, then it would make sense to include them in the story. Not having a leader for the Sons of the Harpy would be like telling a story about taking down a drug cartel, but never even mentioning or showing us who the head of that cartel is.

The Harpies were pretty active last season if the Green Grace was their leader we would properly have seen or at least heard of her already? Or by that same token we haven't heard anything about such a character being cast. We had a lot of reports about Red priestesses, it seems likely that we would have heard something about the Green Grace.  I am not sure that the Harpies needs one leader, they are more like a mob at this stage. The Green Grace just seems like a book idea. 

And if the Umbers are double agents who turn against the Boltons that would mean the Boltons only true allies for the Battle of the Bastards would be the Karstarks, as he stated.

You're confusing the timing I think. The Battle of the Bastards is supposedly episode nine. The Wall falling would be the end of episode ten.

The battle is over and so for Jon, Sansa, Littlefinger and any other major survivors the plot will probably involve them settling into Winterfell to plan their next move and mourn their dead. Littlefinger probably puts forth his endgame proposal and things might get a bit heated until CRACK! That's the sound of the Wall coming down.

If I were a betting man, I'd wager the sound of the Wall coming down will be heard everywhere... The North, Riverlands, Kings Landing, maybe even as far away as Mereen... magical barriers that stand for thousands upon thousands of years don't go quietly in my experience with fiction (plus its a chance to show glorious reaction shots from EVERYONE in the cast).

Then cut back to Winterfell where we see the first effects of the Wall falling... all the dead from the battle just a day or two before still laying in the frozen snow begin to stir... and rise. Fade to black and see you next season.

THAT would be pretty fantastic actually.

It would be great if everyone in Westeros hears the Wall falling, and they might even experience some kind of earthquake or tsunami because of the Wall actually breaking down. But it seems unlikely that the people would really understand or know what actually happened. Just look at all of the different interpretations they had when they saw the comet. It could also be that the White Walkers simply breaks the spell of the Wall that has been keeping them form crossing.  

I do think the White Walker will breach the Wall or that there will be some slaughtering at Castle Black, I just dont think it will have any effect on the Battle of the Bastards. Jon isn't a complete idiot, one the first things he told Stannis after the Battle at the Wall was that he should burn the bodies. That is properly what Jon himself would do, directly after the battle. Winterfell is thousands of miles away from the Wall, it would seem a bit unlikely that all of the bodies will rise after the battle. There has also been no reports of any White Walker activities or associated activities with this battle. And it makes a lot of sense, there is already a lot going on at that battle.

ETA: cause I missed it the first time...

There is spec that Jon's soul may end up in Ghost when he dies (likely an important point for the book version of Jon's resurrection since those brought back by the Kiss alone seem to come back a bit "wrong") and so Ghost being present and involved may involve Jon's soul being pulled out of Ghost and back into his own body.

The show has never shown that Jon is a warg, and they are not restricted by the fact that people come back differently after death. So far we have only seen Berric Dondarrion brought back to life and he was reasonably okay after being brought back for the 6th time. There is no Lady Stoneheart comparisons for Jon. 

You're probably right about it being after the battle. I just can't picture Jon going to lions den before the battle, when it's clear that Boltons need to be dealt with by force and not negotiating. Unless Ramsay takes a hostage during the battle and it's very much a D&D for it to be Sansa. If LF arrives to help Northerners. He might go into WF to negotiate along with Jon. The most interesting part is that Wun Wun is trying to break into Winterfell and they need to defend themselve from him. This would suggest Boltons remaining troops from the battle are there. Ramsay barricade himself there.

For example - Battle of Winterfell /White Walkers/Wun-Wun - based on reports from witnesses from filming - Ramsey doesn't die till Battle is over and 4 of participants - LittleFinger, Sansa, Jon Snow and Ramsey are alive and well in Winterfell enough to parlay/argue and then have Wun-Wun attacks the Walls (unknown whether wight or alive) and everyone fights (each other or wights). So Ramsey is alive and not bitten till then. So I call - unlikely on that one. 

These are some of the difficult parts, we get these pieces of information and we somehow have to construct them into a story that makes sense. 

It is difficult to see why they would meet someone like Ramsay before this battle within Winterfell. But perhaps they could just be setting some terms to Ramsay before the battle? At this stage Ramsay will be watched, all the eyes of the North would be on him, show Ramsay has a bit more cunning and charm, perhaps he wouldn't do anything against the Starks directly or openly, with the whole North watching. But then again this is Ramsay we are taking about and he's been going around flaying Lords within the North, so perhaps he just doesn't care.

The idea of this meeting taking place in the middle of the battle is an interesting one, and perhaps more plausible.  

It would make some sense if this scene is from after the battle. It could be some meeting with Ramsay, or perhaps it could also be Ramsay surrendering or some execution scene. Melisandre did see the Bolton banners falling, so there has to be some kind of victory. 

The description of the scene with Wun Wun sounds somewhat similar to what happened with Wun Wun right before Jon was stabbed in the book. Jon gets calls away because Wun Wun has gone mad and he is beating up Ser Patrek. Perhaps some of the Bolton, Northern or the Vale soldiers does something to provoke the giant, and he goes into a rage killing people, and he tries to get into Winterfell. During this confusion someone like Ramsay might somehow escape.  Or if this situation happens before the battle then the negotiations would be over, it would be difficult for the Northern side if their giant is injured or killed somehow before the battle. 

If this is actually just some kind of meeting or parley between the Northern side and Ramsay after the battle, then it is difficult to see how Ramsay is going end up dying because of a direwolf. 

As for where Sansa might be going at the start of the season, it does seem like she could meet-up with Littlefinger. Before Littlefinger left her alone at Winterfell he told her he would soon return. If Sansa just keeps on going South after the escape, it is likely that she could just run into Littlefinger on his way back to Winterfell. But we have also seen Liam Cunnningham commenting on Sansa's arc this season, so perhaps Sansa and Davos will have some reasonable contact? In that case it would seem more plausible for Sansa to go the Wall.  

There has been some speculation that Jon would be resurrected in the 5th or 6th episode because that is when the Tower of Joy scene will be shown. But it really seems like there will be too much for Jon to accomplish in 3 or 4 episodes before the big battle in episode 9, I think Jon would have to be resurrected quite early. It would also become jarring to the audience if they just delayed the inevitable for too long. It would simply not be compelling television to have Ghost running around on screen for 5 or 6 episodes. 

Both characters had their parts to play in the overall storyline, especially the Starks', while Rickon has had literally no purpose so far. If his death paves the way for Sansa to inherit Winterfell then they're going to have a problem with Bran who's alive in the show as far as Sansa herself knows. And it that was his only purpose, to be killed off, then they could have just as well written him off earlier. I think Rickon posing serious problems for LF's plans to control the North and the Riverlands through Sansa makes for more compelling writing than just killing Rickon off, but that's just me.

We already learned that a warg can enter an animal's body when his own body dies in season 4 with Orell. A simple "previosuly on GoT" can remind the audience of that.

I'm not sure how that's a satisfactory conslusion to Ramsay's storyline or how Rickon will be killed off as long as Shaggy's still alive? They're inseperable and Shaggy's the most protective of the direwolves. They'll have to go through Shaggy to kill Rickon, so either both die or both live. 

Yes, I get that, but I can't be the only one who thinks it's ridiculous that after we spent an entire storyline with Stannis getting ready to battle the

Boltons only to lose, we're now going to see Jon getting ready to wage war against them only to lose (until LF shows up and saves the day). Also,

how can the Boltons (and Karstarks) still be so powerful as to pose a serious threat against a united North, when the former lost men in the battle against Stannis? Did I miss somethign or are the Boltons seriously overpowered?

Tormund serves a completely different function in Jon's storyline than Barristan did in Dany's. His role is more comparable to that of Grey Worm's or Daario's. He's the face of the wildlings, re represents them and helps familiarize them to us. If they kill him off then they need to introduce another widling leader to us and that will have the same effect on the budget as simply keeping Tormund. Barristan was one advisor of several and what made him unique to the others was that he could offer Dany information about her family that the others weren't privy to, especially the bit about Rhaegar (though the info he provided wasn't really that unique).

Yes, and it might just be me, but I've always thought it's pretty obvious that Rickon will continue the Stark line, which still makes him relevant.

I do agree with a lot of this. The problem is mostly that we only get these clues and we have to interpret them into some logical narration.  

People seem to be very sure that Rickon will die this season. The rumour about Rickon dying in this battle only comes from one Reddit source, granted this source does seem relatively reliable. But it is very difficult to know what Rickon's arc is at this stage, he could further the Stark line and at the same time it also wouldn't surprise me if he was killed off.  

People also seem to think that Tormund will be dying, and last year there was a similar rumour, but Tormund is really the only face we have for the Wildlings. Whether he lives or dies properly depends on how important the Wildlings will be moving forward in the story.  At this stage I think Davos might be more expandable then Tormund, but on the other hand if Davos becomes an adviser to Jon then he still has a role to play. 

The story or situation with Ramsay and Littlefinger seems to have great potential to become incredibly exasperating.

Ramsay or the Boltons have already had victories over Robb and a lot of Northern houses, Ramsay has been successful against Theon, Yara and the Ironborn at Moat Cailin in seperate situations, the Boltons have also successfully crushed Stannis and his force. I am not sure it would move the story forward to have another victory over Starks and Northerners. The Boltons has also made some mistakes along the way and it is time that they have to start experiencing some retribution and consequences for their mistakes and actions.  Roose's biggest mistake is obviously trusting Ramsay too much and making him his heir. Ramsay's big mistake is that he let Theon and Sansa escape. He also cant just go around flaying other Lords without any consequences. These kinds of actions needs to start catching up with Ramsay and Roose.

The situation with Littlefinger is somewhat similar. Littlefinger is a gambler and he has gambled a lot, but a gambler cant always win. Some of his knots and associations are very shaky. If you make deals and alliances with too many different parties then it will catch up with you at some point. It also seems like getting to close to Sansa might be his big mistake. At this stage we somewhat have to suspend our disbelieve that Sansa hasn't yet figured out that Littlefinger had something to do Ned's downfall. It just seems a bit unrealistic that Sansa has spend all of this time in Kings Landing, and she has seen Littlefinger thriving under the under the Lannisters, and yet she has never made any connections. And going by the reports so far for season 6, Littlefinger will have the Vale army marching to his tune too save the day for the Northerners at Winterfell. We know that it is very difficult and almost impossible for a Sourthern army to be highly successful when they have to marsh around in the North during Winter, we already saw this very clearly last season. If Littlefinger and an army of the Vale just turn up at Winterfell to save the day then it would become another suspension of disbelieve. This is something that can potentially become somewhat of a problem around Littlefinger.    

We are moving into the final act of the story some important things has to happen, such as the White Walkers moving through Westeros and Dany landing in Westeros. Characters such as Roose, Ramasy and Littlefinger has to be dealt with in some manner before these more important events. We definitely know that Littlefinger will be involved with the Battle of the Bastards, but we haven't really had much reports about the whole Vale army, so perhaps Littlefinger will not be traveling to Winterfell with the whole army? Littlefinger's story line could potentially still be frustrating for two or so seasons. I do think it might be interesting if Littlefinger thought he was finally successful in his plans with Sansa, only to have Rickon turn up and take his rightful place as the heir of Winterfell. 

Maybe they will decide to kill off all the Wildlings. They're not trained soldiers and against Ramsay's forces. As much as I like Tormund...they introduced Karsi or Loboda over one episode and it's not impossible for them to manage to include some other character if they wanted them.

If the part about the WF storyline is true, then it's absolute shit. Rickon having literally no purpose in the series and bein g killed off after being off-screen for two seasons, Ramsay somehow getting away because he's Ramsay only to be killed by a direwolf, the Starks allying with LF even though anyone with half a brain can tell he's a straight up villain, Tormund, the only established wildling, being killed off because the show is doing its utmost to be depressing.. And oh yeah, another Stark dying which I already mentioned..

Why? The way you describe it, it sounds EXACTLY like the kind of thing D&D would produce. Now I am even more certain that it will happen just like this.

Why? The way you describe it, it sounds EXACTLY like the kind of thing D&D would produce. Now I am even more certain that it will happen just like this.

Heh. Indeed. You've got to throw in a couple scenes in a brothel, though, with clothed men and naked women.

Some thoughts.

I'd rather not see Rickon killed off but a young child like him is more vulnerable for a number of reasons. It doesn't have to be dramatic, he could get a pnuemonia and die. The mortality rate for kids under 18 was fairly high in the time period of a GOT. Having him die sort of makes things more interesting from a story standpoint, on the other hand if the Others invade the South, the political machinations surrounding the control of Winterfell will be less important. 

As far as Ramsey killing Roose, why would he advertise killing his own Father? Wouldn't he rather have it look like an accident even if he did kill Roose? Still it would be cool if Roose was raised again as a flayed zombie wight.

The Karstarks joining the Boltons makes sense. Robb beheaded the Father and his troops, thousands of them, abandoned Robb and marched back home. In the TV show unlike the books they are not a spent force. 

The whole Margery thing doesn't make exact sense, she is married and the marriage has been consumated. She might become more religious and maybe turn on Loras but her becoming a Septa doesn't make sense. The whole way they have handled the Faith storyline does not make sense so I guess it is possible. 

I really don't want to see Rickon dying in this season with so many potential he has as the last heir of the Stark. Brought back only to be kill seems little out of place? If he ever going to die, hopefully it would be in next season.

http://watchersonthewall.com/first-look-at-bran-in-game-of-thrones-season-6/

http://watchersonthewall.com/isaac-hempstead-wright-discusses-brans-inception-y-storyline-in-season-6/

Recent sources revealed Issac Hempstead's interview on Bran in season 6 and a pic that leaks Bran's new appearance and damn does he look awesome in his haircut. And it also shows him riding a donkey or a mule? 

Archived