What if the white walkers were to reanimate the dragon remains at KL?

MethylEthylBS

Newbie, here. I apologize in advance for my tin foil.

But... If the white walkers do make it past the wall, the 7 kingdoms are screwed, plenty of dead men for them to bring back to life.  The most natural thing for people to do to survive is to move south, and hide behind what could be the last bastion of safety remaining, the walls of King's Landing. But there ARE dragon remains at KL. We are only told of the skulls, but we don't know anything of the rest of their remains. We also don't know the full extent of the Night King's/White Walker's power. We don't know if, perhaps, he/they have a Lego-type reassembly power, only that we can assume that they haven't had to use it yet, with plentiful corpses about to serve their purposes for the time being.  I haven't seen any powers spectacular enough from the WW to see how 3 dragons wouldn't just take care of business and be home before supper without the WW having something else up their sleeves...

Ok, you may commence with tin foil jokes.

I think only the bones and skulls remain. If they were to be reanimated, then they would form a walking undead skeletal dragon.

It wouldn't be able to fly because of the weight of the bones and lack of wings

But... If the white walkers do make it past the wall, the 7 kingdoms are screwed, plenty of dead men for them to bring back to life.  The most natural thing for people to do to survive is to move south, and hide behind what could be the last bastion of safety remaining, the walls of King's Landing. But there ARE dragon remains at KL. We are only told of the skulls, but we don't know anything of the rest of their remains. We also don't know the full extent of the Night King's/White Walker's power. We don't know if, perhaps, he/they have a Lego-type reassembly power, only that we can assume that they haven't had to use it yet, with plentiful corpses about to serve their purposes for the time being.  I haven't seen any powers spectacular enough from the WW to see how 3 dragons wouldn't just take care of business and be home before supper without the WW having something else up their sleeves...

Only the skulls remain. 

Here's a thought.  They have the power of necromancy.  Perhaps they can hatch the dragon eggs.  But that would be suicide for them.

I know there's magic, but I don't think there's any reason to believe that the Others can reanimate bones and somehow make them reconstruct their former body and hold together without muscle or ligaments. 

I'd never heard this idea put forward before, I give  you kudos on using your imagination!

People really over-estimate the effectiveness of Danys dragons. drogon is the biggest one and we have no notion that the others are big enough to ride. They could be, but I don't recall them being described as particularly huge like Balerion or the other conqueror dragons.

Even if they are all the the size of a modern sedan, that's pretty tiny compared to the masses of Others and their hordes. It's not going to be an easy fight even with all three dragons.

There's no evidence the White Walkers have any power south of the wall. And before you say it, the wights that attacked Jeor and Jon were carryed south of the wall, not reanimated south of the wall. Furthermore, they only seem to be able to reanimate fresh kills as we've yet to see an fleshless wights.

Archived