Small Questions v. 10104

Rhaenys_Targaryen

If Renly did not die(Stannis died in battle they were supposed to have)and he became king, What would he do with his real niece(I don't see him sending her to be an silent sister or Septa)?

You mean Shireen? I assume she would have become Renly's "guest" at court, had Renly won the war, to ensure none of those who opposed Renly would be able to use the declared heir of Renly's older brother..

You mean Shireen? I assume she would have become Renly's "guest" at court, had Renly won the war, to ensure none of those who opposed Renly would be able to use the declared heir of Renly's older brother..

I think the more interesting contrary to fact hypo is what Renly was planning to do wth his other niece and nephews...

What is this app I see mentioned every now and again? I had one once that was free and it showed different characters paths of travel but you had to pay a ridiculous amount for different "levels" or info packs or something. Is this the same one?

What is this app I see mentioned every now and again? I had one once that was free and it showed different characters paths of travel but you had to pay a ridiculous amount for different "levels" or info packs or something. Is this the same one?

A World of Ice and Fire, the official app, a companion guide for the series. It has some free content. Character bio's for the POVs from AGOT, IIRC, and some (if not all of the) sample chapters. For 5 dollars, you can buy the expansion packs for all five books, which gives you a large amount of character bio's, texts about locations, houses, religions etc. from the books, as well as maps.

A World of Ice and Fire, the official app, a companion guide for the series. It has some free content. Character bio's for the POVs from AGOT, IIRC, and some (if not all of the) sample chapters. For 5 dollars, you can buy the expansion packs for all five books, which gives you a large amount of character bio's, texts about locations, houses, religions etc. from the books, as well as maps.

Thanks for that. I'm not sure what I had before but after all the in app purchases it came to about $75 and it was slow and jittery to use. I am checking this one out now. 

Sounds like it.  I got it a few weeks ago, but realized it had barely any information at all unless you dropped money on expansions. Uninstalled, rated 1 star.

Thanks for that. I'm not sure what I had before but after all the in app purchases it came to about $75 and it was slow and jittery to use. I am checking this one out now. 

Sounds like it.  I got it a few weeks ago, but realized it had barely any information at all unless you dropped money on expansions. Uninstalled, rated 1 star.

If 75 dollars had to be spend, it was definitly not A World of Ice and Fire. I paid slightly over five, and have all the expansion packs, (including, apparently free, all the stuff from Dunk & Egg).

I'm reading Dunk and Egg Tales at the moment, and there it says that only knights are permitted to enter the lists in tourneys. However, Sandor the Hound Clegane is also allowed to take part in tourneys, although he never fails to mention that he is no knight.

is the knighthood-requirement not so strict at all?

I'm reading Dunk and Egg Tales at the moment, and there it says that only knights are permitted to enter the lists in tourneys. However, Sandor the Hound Clegane is also allowed to take part in tourneys, although he never fails to mention that he is no knight.

It depends on the rules made by the lord/king who organizes the tourney.

It's similar to, for example, tennis tourneys in our times... There are competitions for only proffesional players, only for amateurs or for both.

so the Tourney of the Hand was open for commoners? hm...

Yes, it definitely was. Take a look at all the winners and the situation in ASoS where all of them wind up to meet again.

eta: all but the Hound have been knighted in the meantime.

Another thing concerning an update to the FAQ: finally we get some news directly from George R.R. Martin on his livejournal about The Winds of Winter, and it is sad news:

[...] the book's not done.

Nor is it likely to be finished tomorrow, or next week. Yes, there's a lot written. Hundreds of pages. Dozens of chapters. (Those 'no pages done' reports were insane, the usual garbage internet journalism that I have learned to despise). But there's also a lot still left to write. I am months away still... and that's if the writing goes well. (Sometimes it does. Sometimes it doesn't.)

Maybe we just put that bit in?

This is pure conjecture but one would also assume that the sword shield of the crown prince and one of the most proficient warriors in the realm would be able to take part in the tourneys he wished to take part in, even if they were officially limited to only knights.

Archived