Small Questions v. 10104

Rhaenys_Targaryen

Its all certainly possible, but I just can't see Arya being killed in Bravos.  For 1 reason she is the only POV so she would have to be killed in her own POV, the only other such instance being Catlyn who was later revived.  2nd, it would simply be a very unsatisfying end imo.  How can we have Arya being trained as a magical assassin and not kill anyone important?

She likely won't die until after she returns to Westeros.

[MOD]

1.  This thread is for "small questions".  Please leave general discussions on particular issues to the relevant threads.

2.  More seriously, posts have been deleted from this thread due to containing TWoW spoilers, from the sample chapters.  Do not do that, please.

[/MOD]

Which scene (book, chapter) is this?  (Or is it a scene?  Not sure if I misremembered it.):

During the scene, Daenerys is riding a boat (I think), and Viserion emerges from the water, having caught a fish (or the like).

I believe it is Storm, Dany 1:

"We are the ones who are lost, ser. Drogon has no taste for this wet creeping, no more than I do." Bolder than the other two, her black dragon had been the first to try his wings above the water, the first to flutter from ship to ship, the first to lose himself in a passing cloud . . . and the first to kill. The flying fish no sooner broke the surface of the water than they were enveloped in a lance of flame, snatched up, and swallowed. "How big will he grow?" Dany asked curiously. "Do you know?"

https://asearchoficeandfire.com/?q=fish&scope[]=agot&scope[]=asos 

Do we know why Jeor Mormont joined the NW? I can't find anything about this.

This comes up every few months. I don't think we have a definitve answer, but it seems very clear that Jeor was motivated by the Watch's calling, and he wanted to let Jorah rule as lord in his own right. 

Jorah's faults as a son were Jeor's failure as a father. 

I agree.  In Westerosi culture it was Jeors responsibility to make Jorah a match, something that should have happened much sooner than the tourney at Lannisport, and something that should have happened with a northerner closer to his own station.

I agree.  In Westerosi culture it was Jeors responsibility to make Jorah a match, something that should have happened much sooner than the tourney at Lannisport, and something that should have happened with a northerner closer to his own station.

Wasn't Lynesse his second wife? Jeor likely made the first match, with a Glover I think. Then he when to the wall. 

Wasn't Lynesse his second wife? Jeor likely made the first match, with a Glover I think. Then he when to the wall. 

That's right:

I married young, to a bride of my father's choosing, a Glover of Deepwood Motte. Ten years we were wed, or near enough as makes no matter. She was a plain-faced woman, but not unkind. I suppose I came to love her after a fashion, though our relations were dutiful rather than passionate. Three times she miscarried while trying to give me an heir. The last time she never recovered. She died not long after.

ACoK 12 Daenerys I

I believe it is Storm, Dany 1:

"We are the ones who are lost, ser. Drogon has no taste for this wet creeping, no more than I do." Bolder than the other two, her black dragon had been the first to try his wings above the water, the first to flutter from ship to ship, the first to lose himself in a passing cloud . . . and the first to kill. The flying fish no sooner broke the surface of the water than they were enveloped in a lance of flame, snatched up, and swallowed. "How big will he grow?" Dany asked curiously. "Do you know?"

https://asearchoficeandfire.com/?q=fish&scope[]=agot&scope[]=asos 

Hmm, could've sworn it was Viserion.  Thanks for the quote!

Archived