Christopher Paolini is working on a sci fi novel

Stinkhole

8 minutes ago, Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II said:

Am I the only guy who enjoyed reading the series till Brisingr?  Darth R,  that last book was indeed feces but the first two in particular (eragon and eldest)  were fairly entertaining (even with all the obvious star wars rip off) 

Yes, I did enjoy them as well. But back then I wasn't that well read in the fantasy (or any other) genre. And between each one of his books I kept reading better and better books, so when Brisingr came out I realized what a big pile of poop this entire series is. I read the last one just to finish out, but I almost gave it up 3 pages in.

The first one is the only one I'm willing to give some leeway out of mercy, because I read it after seeing the movie, and I felt sorry at the time for Paolini due to the piss-poor adaptation of what is a fairly easy book to adapt.

Fun fact: Christopher Paolini is my archnemesis. He's the one who inspired me to become an author because when I saw his first book and that we were the same age I was like, "Why am not doing this?"

:)

I beat him to writing a sci-fi novel, though! HA!

(My only accomplishment thus far in our rivalry)

5 hours ago, C.T. Phipps said:

Fun fact: Christopher Paolini is my archnemesis. He's the one who inspired me to become an author because when I saw his first book and that we were the same age I was like, "Why am not doing this?"

Is he aware of this rivalry? ;)

10 hours ago, C.T. Phipps said:

You mean in the sense of "I can write better than this!"?

Archived