ASOIAF Theory Poll, VOTING, Part 2

BryndenBFish

LINK TO THE VOTING PAGE.

Intro

Hello! Welcome back to the now 5-site cross-fandom 2015 ASOIAF Theory Survey! Let me just take a minute to talk about this: It's 5 sites now! 5 different sites are voting on theories. They are:

• /r/asoiaf
  • Tower of the Hand
  • Watchers on the Wall
  • Westeros.org
  • The ASOIAF Facebook group.

That's amazing! Thanks everyone here for participating and making this fun!

Today, we continue the damn poll. We knocked out identity and conspiracy theories last time. We're moving onto that. Here's the VOTING PAGE

Vote or Die

Today's vote will be part 2 on plot points, ASOIAF history and the future of ASOIAF. HERE'S THE LINK TO THE VOTING PAGE. If you are unfamiliar with the theories presented, please consult one of the theory resource posts below.

Schedule

Here's the schedule

DateEvent
10/21/2015Theory Hub
10/27/2015Identity Theories
11/3/2015Conspiracy Theories Resource
11/10/2015Known Plot Points Theory Resource
12/6/2015History/Future Events Theory Resource
12/15/2015Voting Block 1 (Identity, Conspiracies)
12/22/2015Voting Block 2 (Plot Points, ASOIAF History, ASOIAF Future)
12/29/2015Voting Reminder
12/31/2015Voting Closes
1/4/2016Results Released (This could be multi-part)

Conclusion

If you missed it thrice above, HERE'S THE LINK TO THE VOTING PAGE.

Again, THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH! You make this random guy from the internet feel special and it's such a blast to read the results and interact with you all over these past three years!

Brandon,

One of your questions is very badly written.  The one asking if Daenerys will make it to Westeros.  The question asks if the responder believed she will make it to Westeros, but right below, it says "some readers believe she will not make it to Westeros.  Do you agree?"  I hope you see why you need to edit this.  Unless you did this on purpose to skew the results.

Brandon,

One of your questions is very badly written.  The one asking if Daenerys will make it to Westeros.  The question asks if the responder believed she will make it to Westeros, but right below, it says "some readers believe she will not make it to Westeros.  Do you agree?"  I hope you see why you need to edit this.  Unless you did this on purpose to skew the results.

Brandon,

I'm afraid I don't follow. The question says: 

Will Daenerys make it to Westeros?

The help-text says: 

Some fans think that Dany's final destiny is in Essos and that she will never cross the Narrow Sea. Do you agree?

I'm not sure I see the issue. What am I not seeing?

issues:

Does the Golden Company possess Blackfyre (The Targaryen Sword of Aegon I)?

Young Griff has Blackfyre, but the best response listed was that the Golden Company has Blackfyre, and I picked it because Young Griff is currently with the Golden Company.

What caused the Long Night?

Two answers were right: The comet hitting the moon was the initial event that messed up the seasons, but the Bloodstone Emperor  (or Azor Ahai, as you put) dabbling with the magical properties of the moon shards is the cause of the Others and their crusade to bring winter to the world.

Again, THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH! You make this random guy from the internet feel special and it's such a blast to read the results and interact with you all over these past three years!

You're welcome! 

Thank you for organizing this poll.  I look forward to seeing the final results!

The help-text says: 

Some fans think that Dany's final destiny is in Essos and that she will never cross the Narrow Sea. Do you agree?

Will Daenerys make it to Westeros?  YES
Some fans think that Dany's final destiny is in Essos and that she will never cross the Narrow Sea.  Do you agree?  NO

Your two part question requires one to answer it both yes and no.

This reminds me of a trick police pull to get people to agree to search their car - they say "Do you have any contraband in the car?  Do you mind if I search the car?" - people say "No" to the first question and the police will interpret it as a response to the second question.

Will Daenerys make it to Westeros?  YESSome fans think that Dany's final destiny is in Essos and that she will never cross the Narrow Sea.  Do you agree?  NO

Your two part question requires one to answer it both yes and no.

This reminds me of a trick police pull to get people to agree to search their car - they say "Do you have any contraband in the car?  Do you mind if I search the car?" - people say "No" to the first question and the police will interpret it as a response to the second question.

:)

The help-text says: 

yah this is a problem - to say she will cross the narrow sea I have to answer "yes" to the main question but "no" to the help text...

Also how come I had to tolerate the presence of San-San but there were no other romance/hookup questions?  Was also hoping for evil-Bran to make an appearance.  Also, Who kills littlefinger (Sansa) or a question about what the girl slaying the giant prophecy meant.

I cannot find the link for the vote! :P 

Done. There will be a question about who is the 3headed dragon?

cmon now phrasing it that way is a bit of a leading question...

"three heads had the dragon": which entity or entities are represented by the three headed dragon from The house of the undying?

then it covers your Jon-Jon-Jon nonsense as well as things like Targ triumvirate (Dany-jon-Tyrion or Dany-Jon-Aegon) And the three dragons interpretation.

cmon now phrasing it that way is a bit of a leading question...

"three heads had the dragon": which entity or entities are represented by the three headed dragon from The house of the undying?

then it covers your Jon-Jon-Jon nonsense as well as things like Targ triumvirate (Dany-jon-Tyrion or Dany-Jon-Aegon) And the three dragons interpretation.

It's fine if you don't agree with it but if you are insulting someone's ideas because you don't agree then you are wrong.

It's fine if you don't agree with it but if you are insulting someone's ideas because you don't agree then you are wrong.

relax, it's not an insult for me to think that a theory is nonsense, it's like, "just my opinion, man". There's a lot of theories I think are nonsense (most of them in fact).

Archived