Star Wars Episode VII RETURN OF THE SPOILERS

Corvinus85

Btw, was anyone else reminded by Rey's scavenging the Star Destroyer of the opening of Nausicaa with her scavenging the Ohmu in the Sea of Decay? Obviously a less... organic setting (and Rey's USB stick is nowhere near as cool as Nausicaa's glider) but a few of the visual notes were nonetheless rather similar.

Yes!! I'm glad I wasn't the only one thinking this, particularly where the scene is wordless and features our heroine wearing funny goggles while scavenging.

Now if Rey had had a mehve instead of a USB key... I probably wouldn't have needed to watch the rest of the movie.

It's Rogue One that's coming out next year, and I don't think any Bothans will be involved. They stole the plans to the second Death Star, while Rogue One is about getting the plans for the first. 

My mistake, but regardless, was that supposed to be a Bothan?

Saw it again.

3d isn't worth it. Imax isn't special.

The score is much better than I remembered, as den pointed out. Luke's reunion is strong, kylo rens theme is good, and reys theme song is used well.

Little details are cool. Stormtroopers manning the giant cannons, kylo ren visible as the coupling blows up, seeing the Falcon in the background in some of reys early scenes.

Saw it again

Little details are cool. Stormtroopers manning the giant cannons, kylo ren visible as the coupling blows up, 

See, I don't remember either of those scenes ( what giant cannons?). I will see it a second time as well in the next few days.

I was hoping that they will leave at least the Thrawn trilogy still canon though.

The release of TFA pretty much makes that impossible now,  doesn't it. 

My feeling is that he is not Plagueis anyway, but an original character they came up with.

It'll be Plagueis' old master...

I don't even remember the alien in question. It'll be nice when it's on blu-ray and people start catching all the little things like that. 

Yeah, I was trying a little too hard to catch every alien in Maz Kanata's tavern, to no avail.

Never been sure why people like Chewie so much.

Anyways, I have to say that I'm sad one of the best shots in the film, Ren watching the weapon fire from his Star Destroyer, was kinda kneecapped by the weaksauce Starkiller base.

BITE YOUR TONGUE !!!! ARRRGGGGGGHHHH !!!! GRRRRRRLLLLLLL !!!!

Here is a Facebook post in which I talk about Star Wars in a general sense. 

My take on The Force Awakens (no spoilers of course)

This story is millenniums old and has been told in the same way for almost the entire existence of man. The Greeks did it particularly well also.

If you are looking for unique, these are not the droids you are looking for. If you are looking for the greatest plot ever presented, this is your cup of tea.

JJ Abrams did a great service to this story. It is the best telling of it in this generation. This is a true hero's journey...

Loved every minute of it and will see it again soon. I realised part way through the movie that what really makes it feel like a real star wars movie for me is the falcon, the bit when han says to chewie from the cockpit 'we're home' and i just thought yep hes right.

Yes, this same story has been told for as long as there have been people to tell it. It hasn't been told in this particular format, but there is absolutely nothing original about the story itself. George Lucas went away from it in the prequels and that is the very root of why people rejected them. JJ Abrams has brought it back.

This was the greatest movie of all time. Now before everybody gets their panties in a twist let me explain what I mean by that. 

Did this movie have plot holes? Yes. Was there some shaking acting? Yes. Were there some scenes that weren't as smooth as they could be? Yes.

But you have to understand, I was sitting in a dark theater with my 5 year old granddaughter and the utter and complete joy that was on her face when the Lucas Films logo came up on the screen and the music started to play brought back all those wonderful memories of when I was a small child and Star Wars was the greatest thing that ever was.

She hid her face in her mother's shoulder during the scary parts. She clapped her hands and yelled when Rey got the light saber. She cried when Han died. When we left the theatre tonight her eyes were shining.  She was jumping around making lightsaber noises and declared that Rey was the best ever.

Because with all of its flaws, the Star Wars saga has managed to do one thing and that is create wonder in the heart of a small child.

So yeah, this was the greatest movie ever.

hear a lot of people online speculating on who Rey might be related to. Am I the only one who really hopes they don't do another surprise familial reveal? In The Empire Strikes Back we found out Luke was Vader's son, in Return of the Jedi we found out that Luke and Leia were siblings, and now in The Force Awakens we find out that Ren is Han and Leia's son. I loved all three of those movies, but it's getting old, and Rey is probably my favorite part of Episode VII. I'm hoping JJ doesn't tie her back to the Skywalkers somehow...

I'm fine with it, but what I'm not fine with is they didn't just tell us. There were all sorts of flashing lights, and so no one is going to be surprised. I was genuinely surprised by Kylo Ren's parentage. It would only be surprising if Rey is not Luke's kid at this point.

I was thinking about the Luke scene as well. It looks like there may not be a time jump in the next movie, which seems unusual for Star Wars movies. Either that, or they don't intend to show us what happens at the Luke/Rey scene, which would be criminal. I really want to see that scene, but I also like the time jumps for these movies. I wonder how they'll handle this.

This was the greatest movie of all time. Now before everybody gets their panties in a twist let me explain what I mean by that. 

Did this movie have plot holes? Yes. Was there some shaking acting? Yes. Were there some scenes that weren't as smooth as they could be? Yes.

But you have to understand, I was sitting in a dark theater with my 5 year old granddaughter and the utter and complete joy that was on her face when the Lucas Films logo came up on the screen and the music started to play brought back all those wonderful memories of when I was a small child and Star Wars was the greatest thing that ever was.

She hid her face in her mother's shoulder during the scary parts. She clapped her hands and yelled when Rey got the light saber. She cried when Han died. When we left the theatre tonight her eyes were shining.  She was jumping around making lightsaber noises and declared that Rey was the best ever.

Because with all of its flaws, the Star Wars saga has managed to do one thing and that is create wonder in the heart of a small child.

So yeah, this was the greatest movie ever.

This might be the greatest post ever. :D

Archived