Subtle foreshadowing

Falcon2908

Ned knew the saying. "What the king dreams," he said, "the Hand builds."
"I bedded a fishmaid once who told me the lowborn have a choicer way to put it. The king eats, they say, and the Hand takes the shit." He threw back his head and roared his laughter. 
So I think the coloured text is a piece of foreshadowing. It happens in the future, in ASOS. It foreshadows the deaths of the King and his Hand.
In ASOS, King Joffrey ate a pigeon pie and died of poisoning. Tywin died while taking a shit.

Eh don't think so on this one. The hand "dealing with shit etc" is mentioned a few times. Its just saying the hand has to deal with all the BS and problems, and do whatever the king wants while being lazy

Also every human "shits" so predicting or hinting wouldn't make sense. Maybe if there was a line closer to shitting crossed in with death etc

Eh don't think so on this one. The hand "dealing with shit etc" is mentioned a few times. Its just saying the hand has to deal with all the BS and problems, and do whatever the king wants while being lazy

Also every human "shits" so predicting or hinting wouldn't make sense. Maybe if there was a line closer to shitting crossed in with death etc

Well, but that's why ot's called "subtle foreshadowing", isn't it? Otherwise it would borden on a hidden prophecy or something.

Archived