Will Jon Snow be executed by Ser Jorah Mormont?

The Commentator

1. There is a good chance that Ser Jorah might take the black and follow in his father's footsteps. 
  2. Jon Snow, the former Lord Commander, broke night watch oaths and committed treason.

purple-eyes' post made me think of an opposite scenario that could take place. 

It seems to me, there is a good chance that Ser Jorah would have to re-execute Jon Snow.  Jon is a criminal and it looks like he will live through his stabbings.  Bowen Marsh should really do a good job of disposal, but he might take shortcuts and allow Jon to come back to life.  Even so, coming back to life after getting stabbed does not absolve him of his crimes.  He will need to be re-killed, else he gets away with oath-breaking and treason, even possibly aiding Mance in breaking guest rights (according to st. walton's post)

Jon announced plans to ride South, but he never actually got a chance to do anything. That is the one big problem with Bowen Marsh's plan. If people are punished for simply announcing to commit some crime, then we will soon have a world of problems. Ironically Bowen Marsh has just actually prevented Jon from breaking his vows.   

In any event it is doubtful that the Nights Watch will exist for much longer. 

Jon announced plans to ride South, but he never actually got a chance to do anything. That is the one big problem with Bowen Marsh's plan. If people are punished for simply announcing to commit some crime, then we will soon have a world of problems. Ironically Bowen Marsh has just actually prevented Jon from breaking his vows.   

you know I never looked at it that way.  Wonder if it means anything?

Well if Jorah makes it back to Westeros (not guaranteed) and if he takes the Black (not guaranteed) and if he is elected Lord Commander (not guaranteed) and Jon's still hanging around (not guaranteed) there's some slight possibility that it could happen. The odds would be vanishingly small that it happens, though. The other way 'round would be more likely.

Thats really interesting actually, technically Jon never Brolle his vows which would make Marsh the traitor. 

I don't understand why anyone thinks its Bowen Marsh's plan in the first place.  Its Alliser Thorne been pulling the strings at Castle Black.  He didn't go off on any ranging, he only pretended too.

Alliser Thorne is the one who conspired against Jon Snow and he did it right under his nose.  Alliser will be the next Lord Commander.

I'm sure all will be forgiven once Jon gives Jorah back his sword.

The only sword Jorah deserves is his own pink fleshy one, together with a picture of Dany and his right hand to keep him company.

If Longclaw belongs to anyone is to Aly Mormont, who not only didn't embarrass House Mormont, but is also a badass and kicked the Ironborn's rear. And she's conveniently

en route to the Wall

As to the OP, what right does Jorah have to show up like the hottest bitch in town and execute the Lord Commander, even if he's guilty?

That's a very long shot, mate. I'm convinced that Jorah won't even make it to the end of the final book, let alone taking black and executing people he's never seen before at sight. What reason would Jorah even have to execute Jon,? It's not like Jon had anything to do with his father's dead. I guess that Jorah can care less about Jon wanting to kick Ramsay's butt...

Or maybe Jon resentances Jorah to death for slaving and then absconding justice by fleeing to Essos. 

Jeor's dying wish was that Jorah redeem himself and take the black. I don't see how killing his father's protege and successor would accomplish said desired redemption.

From p. 458, ASOS (Paperback).  Samwell

"Tell them what, my lord?" Sam asked politely.

"All.  The Fist.  The Wildlings.  Dragonglass.  This.  All."

His breathing was very shallow now, his voice a whisper. 

"Tell my son, Jorah.  Tell him, take the black.  My wish.  Dying wish."

"Tell Jorah.  Forgive him.  My son.  Please.  Go."

Jorah redeemed himself when he helped Dany free the slaves.  He's clean as a newly-born babe if he helps her take back what belongs to her, the Seven Kingdoms of Westeros. 

Jon, OTOH, has not redeemed himself.  Until he admits that he was wrong to help Arya and in attacking the Boltons, until we can be 100% certain that he would never do something like that again, he deserves the death penalty.  To be delivered as many times as necessary to cause permanent death.  See, I think given the same situation after he gets resurrected, he would still choose to rescue that sister of his even when it meant breaking his oaths and betraying his NW brothers.   He needs to face his punishment like a man and die at the hands of the brothers that he betrayed.

I still don't see how Jon broke his vows. Ramsay demands something, which Jon doesn't even have to give him (his bride and reek). He'll attack Castle Black from the south if Jon doesn't comply. He can't comply, and Castle Black cannot be defended against an attack from the south by an army. Ramsay would destroy the NW for good.

I fail to see what his other options were.

On a side note, either Ramsay didn't write the letter, or he has no spies or Intel from inside the NW, else he would know (f)arya and theon are not there.

Archived