Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

Muggle

Loving the look, more personal, whilst Star Wars proper does the sweeping grandour.

That horn makes me think of Jar Jar way too much.

Cool looking general guy (whoever he may be.)

And I'm intrigued by the kneeling hood, if we assume sith, it can't be the emporor (who would he kneel before,) I don't think it's Vader (why the hood, and he looks to limber,) some unknown apprentice? Sidious did have two apprentices during Episode I.

So the character Diego Luna is playing HAS to be Poe Dameron's father, right? I know there was an article a couple of days ago that said he's playing a totally new character but eff that, right? Diego Luna and Oscar Issac could be brothers!

Also, this looks great. 

2 hours ago, Fez said:

Something about it feels a little odd though, IMO. Not bad or anything, but for some reason it just doesn't quite feel like Star Wars; whereas the trailers for Ep. VII immediately felt like the old movies. I'm not complaining, with the plans to have a Star Wars movie every year from here on out I think its good that they are trying out different things. I'm just a little surprised I guess that that would happen as soon as the second new movie.

It doesn't have many (if any) alien species or familiar scenery.

42 minutes ago, Stannis Eats No Peaches said:

Nice. Really good trailer, with a different aesthetic to it. I'm kind of disappointed they didn't show Vader in any way, though Leap is right you can hear his breathing at one point.

Really? Didn't notice that. That's pretty cool.

1 hour ago, Trebla said:

So the character Diego Luna is playing HAS to be Poe Dameron's father, right? I know there was an article a couple of days ago that said he's playing a totally new character but eff that, right? Diego Luna and Oscar Issac could be brothers!

Also, this looks great. 

Honestly, for a second i thought it WAS Oscar Issac. 

54 minutes ago, Stannis Eats No Peaches said:

Nice. Really good trailer, with a different aesthetic to it. I'm kind of disappointed they didn't show Vader in any way, though Leap is right you can hear his breathing at one point.

Do we really think that's not Vader kneeling between the red guards? Yeah he's wearing a hood but whose to say Vader swore off hoods all together when he got his fancy suit. I hope it's not the emperor kneeling before Snoke or anything like that. 

6 minutes ago, Stannis Eats No Peaches said:

The sound of him exhaling at 1:29 is unmistakeable. It's quiet and Forest Whitaker is talking over it, but it's definitely there.

Oh wow, right at the end of what he says, yeah. Damn never even noticed due to how excited i was, thanks for that!

8 minutes ago, RumHam said:

Do we really think that's not Vader kneeling between the red guards? Yeah he's wearing a hood but whose to say Vader swore off hoods all together when he got his fancy suit. I hope it's not the emperor kneeling before Snoke or anything like that. 

It doesn't look big enough to be Vader, the helmet would distort the hood, and the armour makes him much squarer than that looks. For the Emperor it looks too young.

10 minutes ago, RumHam said:

I guess it could be Vader, I'm just not sure why they'd bother with the hood.

3 minutes ago, Lord Hanna said:

Oh wow, right at the end of what he says, yeah. Damn never even noticed due to how excited i was, thanks for that!

neither did i and now I've foolishly mentioned the lack of it to my friend's FB linked. Geek cred ruined forever. :P

I really liked the trailer and the extent they've bent over to make this look exactly like the original films. the prequels were their own thing aesthetically and while TFA is still clearly in the same world it has updates to it. This really looks like it could be made in the early 80s from the sets and costumes (only the CGI and HD give it away). It probably cost a lot more to look cheaper though.

When I rewatched the films prior to TFA I was struck at how integral to the plot of EPIV the stealing of the plans were to the point where I think it's entirely legitimate to have a prequel about it. It may even be that people will consider this as an EPIV lead in/bookend to the original trilogy if it pans out ok. I think we'd need some good Darth Vader character moments for that and possibly a Leia link. Obi Wan at a push while Luke would be gratuitous.

Looks pretty damn good. I made sure nobody was around while I watched so I could fully geek on it. I can't wait.  Two great  Xmas presents in a row. I was hoping for a shot of Mads, but oh well. I already like Felicity Jones' character, Jyn Erso.  Forest Whitaker looks amazing. Mon Mothma +1! I initially thought Grand Moff Tarkin when I saw the Imperial in white, but much too young.

I don't see how it could be anyone but Vader. The red guards suggest this person is kneeling to the Emperor, and they have that rule of two. 

I suppose it's too much to hope that It's Ezra from Rebels all grown up.

5 minutes ago, red snow said:

I think we'd need some good Darth Vader character moments for that and possibly a Leia link. Obi Wan at a push while Luke would be gratuitous.

Obi Wan shouldn't be anywhere near, given that he's supposed to be hiding out in the desert at this stage. It'd be a bit of a stretch to have him involved here and get back to long lonely isolation on Tattooine before Ep IV.
I reckon we might get a Leia cameo at the end as she receives the plans, but since they were beamed to her it's not necessary.

Vader would certainly be welcome, though.

Archived