Why is cynicism appealing?

Ser Scot A Ellison

because the world is a bleak fucking place.

the spirit of the season? for good god damned fucks sake.  why during this bullshit holiday are we all expected to gather around in an eggnog splashed circle jerk? this is a holiday that may have began as one thing but become a horrid cash grab. family and togetherness are a side effect of spending. in another couple weeks after the trees have all been tossed in the dumpsters, the gingerbread house collapsed and most of the overpriced children's toys forgotten or broken we all go back to how things were before.

we will return to a world where the poor are still poor, where the police are murderers, where the environment continues to be raped, where the middle class continues to dry up....etc...etc...etc...

now does cynicism make sense? or rather how about we call it realism. life is not blowjobs and unicorns. 

MC,

No, not to me.

well good for you....really. 

then what is the point of this? why not just change your premise to 'i am the motherfucking ned flanders of southern gentleman attorneys who gets my dick sucked by unicorns and i cannot understand why some people aren't full of of the christmas spirit the way that unicorn's throat is full of my cock?'

you want cynicism? i got crates and sacks of it.

and a bizarre misplaced sense of humor. i got that too. the thought of you being fellated by a unicorn has me snickering. 

do yourself a favor and don't take me too seriously.

On a more serious note, this has been the best Christmas for me in years due to the fact that we have an 11-month-old grandson running around. For me, that made the commercial side of things much more enjoyable, ya know? Just the look on his face as he came into the livingroom yesterday morning was worth the price of admission alone.

pfft. im clinically depressed all the time anyway, i'll take my cheesiness and fleeting happiness when i can and i'll hold on to it for dear life, who gives a fuck if something is corny, i try and not be so cynical because im already fucking unhappy, theres nothing cool about being even more miserable  

I think you need to be clearer, are you talking about life in general, or just christmas, and where is the evidence that it is appealing?

I din't find cynicism appealing. But I don't find a lot of things appealing either.

For some, it is a defense mechanism. Some are just grumpy butts, and some are just sick and tired of the fakeness of some people just because it is December and we should magically all be in better spirits.

Archived