Reward House Darry

Jeeves

You are Targaryen and reclaimed your throne.   How do you reward the Darrys?  Who else would you reward, and how?  Do you have the authority to get Aliser Thorne out of the watch and rewarded for his loyalty?  Some Jon supporters claim Robb has the authority to get Jon out of his commitment.  Surely, the ruler of the seven kingdoms has more authority than Robb to do this for Aliser Thorne.

Not sure about Aliser Thorne it's been so long he is kind of forgotten about.

Robb plans to offer the Nights watch 200 men for Jon Snows dismissal so it's not cut and dry although the King in the North has a lot of power when it comes to the Nights watch because he is pretty much the only one taking care of the Watch at this point .

As for the Darry's I wonder about this a lot, when I play the GOT mod on crusader kings 2 I usually arrange a matrineal marriage involving one of the two living Darry girls to make sure the line carrys on. Besides them some wonder if Tristan Rivers is the former Lord of Darrys bastard cousin which I believe he is.

It certainly seems like everyone who fights for the invader will look to be rewarded however it kind of comes down to who consults Daenerys about history and who she needs to reward. 

I will say I believe Varys does his best to keep some family lines alive by protecting bastards. 

You are Targaryen and reclaimed your throne.   How do you reward the Darrys?  Who else would you reward, and how?  Do you have the authority to get Aliser Thorne out of the watch and rewarded for his loyalty?  Some Jon supporters claim Robb has the authority to get Jon out of his commitment.  Surely, the ruler of the seven kingdoms has more authority than Robb to do this for Aliser Thorne.

Lord paramount of Riverlands, of course and seat in small coucil. Martells if everything goes smooth with their cooperation. Keep Alliser at Wall for the war to come, if he survives he can choose to be lord again or LC of new Nights Watch.

Varys should get a keep if he disers.

That easy! I reward my friends with the stuff of my enemies. So basically everyone who fought for me will get something if at all possible while at the same time I'll strip my former enemies of what I can to deny them a power-base for future hostility.

I would basically try to reward all those who were loyal and helpful with the power and lands of my enemies. 

House Darry restored to Darry lands, bastard cousin legitimized and proclaimed lord, granting him High Lordship of the Bay of Claws, and some extra wealth and land on the Trident. If none other available candidate, I would make them Lord Paramounts of the Riverlands.

If alive and proven loyal, Edmure Tully would be granted Riverrun back, and LP of the Riverlands.

If Golden Company backed me in the war, I would try and restore most of their lands and titles.

Exiled Peakes would be granted lands of Starpike and loyalty of surrounding lords, if possible both Dunstonbury and Highgarden (if Tyrells fought against me, I would probably go for Ser Laswell Peake as the new LP of the Reach, and his two brothers as lords of Starpike and Dunstonbury, respectively)

Exiled Stricklands given back Tumbleton and their former wealth and power

Cider Hall to Frenklyn Flowers. Exiled Strongs, Mudds, Lothstons whose heritage can be proven would also be granted their lands back, etc. Plus, there would be a lot of land to grant, just look at Riverlands and Stormlands.

Anyone else who supported me in Westeros should be rewarded for their loyalty, too.

Alliser Thorne can stay where he is, aye he was maybe loyal twenty-something years ago, but he fought as a mere knight, among many others, in the defense of Kings Landing.

Edited Saturday at 9:44 PM by Heavy D
  1. Find all the remaining Darrys and have them pick the head of the house.  Restore them to their castles.  Give them back their lands and titles.   Alright, this is gonna hurt coming from me, but give them Harrenhal and Riverrun both.  Ship Edmure Tully to the wall, and give House Darry dominion over the Riverlands.  
  2. Reward the following houses with the spoils of war from the losers.  Dayne, Martell, Thorne, Selmy, and whoever else supports Dany.
  3. Absolutely, get Thorne out of the Night's Watch and give him his choice, Dreadfort or Winterfell.  I doubt any of the northern houses will support a Targaryen restoration, so that gives me a lot of land to confiscate, northern heads to remove, and northern lands to give as the booties of war to my allies and supporters. 
  4. Reward the loyalists family that Hoster Tully destroyed, and destroy the Tully in return.  The Goodbrookes, I think it was.
  5. Dispossess Robin Arryn, topple down their castle, and give the paramount to LF if he proves to be an ally.  If not, pick your own new lord.  Any backtalk from the other lords and give them a choice: jump off the moondoor or dracarys. 
  6. Tear down Casterly Rock and give the lands to whoever is more helpful to the Targ restoration.

I would certainly give the Darrys back Castle Darry and all the lands that were confiscated from them by the Usurper. Hell I might even give them Riverrun and make them LP of the Riverlands after sending Edmure and the Blackfish either to the Wall or the headsman.

Archived