How will Margaery die in the next book?

Lord Greenhood

My ideal death for Margaery is this: she stands somewhere in front of the mob at King's Landing (not on the steps of Baelor because god forbids they get dirty) waiting to be executed for adultery, treason and who knows what else. The High Sparrow asks for her last words. She could be like Ned and try to ask for forgiveness, but she's sick of putting up her chaste and sweet persona. So she goes:

"Fuck you all! The dragons are coming and I hope they burn this dumpster of a city along with all you disgusting fuckers! I'll see you in hell, High Septon, and you too, Cersei, you brotherfucker! If I regret one thing is that I will miss Aegon Targaryen taking off your head and taking a dump right in your mouth!"

And the sword comes down

She won't die by the Faith because the HS is not an idiot and knows he needs to be in good terms with the Tyrells. Considering the good image they have in KL, whoever judges her will totally buy her "I'm such the innocent maiden!" image. Of course, there is a big chance Tyene will be part of her judges, but I doubt she'll be able to do much, specially after she has promised Doran to observe and not act.

If she dies, it will be in a similar way to Kevan's death: by Varys. If Margaery dying is beneficial to Aegon's cause, she's gone.

He won't need the Tyrells if Cersei wins her trial first and assures him that House Lannister would have his back if he moves against Margaery. Of course, Cersei would actually leave him and Mace battle it out while she strengthens her position.

Also, I don't think he cares all that much about being in good terms with the Tyrells when he arrested Margaery in the first place and pissed Mace off so much he brough his army back to the city.

And I'd be disappointed if Tyene keeps her promise to Doran.

She won't die by the Faith because the HS is not an idiot and knows he needs to be in good terms with the Tyrells. Considering the good image they have in KL, whoever judges her will totally buy her "I'm such the innocent maiden!" image. Of course, there is a big chance Tyene will be part of her judges, but I doubt she'll be able to do much, specially after she has promised Doran to observe and not act.

If she dies, it will be in a similar way to Kevan's death: by Varys. If Margaery dying is beneficial to Aegon's cause, she's gone.

I could see Varys releasing evidence that implicates her in Joffrey's death. I don't think her family could save her, then, and public opinion would turn against her. And, it would finish off any alliance with the Lannisters.

The charge of adultery, on its own, is weak, and even if she were found guilty, I don't think that either her family, or public opinion, would allow her to be executed.

But poisoning the King is another matter. She'd be lucky to escape with a beheading.

The Bard that Cersei and Qyburn tortured is still testifying against Margaery, the others as you said recanted.

It's been some while since I read that section , but it seemed to me that he had been tortured to the point of admitting absolutely anything, and that his testimony might therefore be obviously suspect ... I could be wrong (haven't refreshed my memory).

Anyway, I'm thinking Margaery might well be exonerated (to Cersei's fury) and might live to be married off yet again .. ;)

It's been some while since I read that section , but it seemed to me that he had been tortured to the point of admitting absolutely anything, and that his testimony might therefore be obviously suspect ... I could be wrong (haven't refreshed my memory).

Anyway, I'm thinking Margaery might well be exonerated (to Cersei's fury) and might live to be married off yet again .. ;)

If she hasn't lost her vigininty to her third marriage then it's never going to happen :)

I could see Varys releasing evidence that implicates her in Joffrey's death. I don't think her family could save her, then, and public opinion would turn against her. And, it would finish off any alliance with the Lannisters.

The charge of adultery, on its own, is weak, and even if she were found guilty, I don't think that either her family, or public opinion, would allow her to be executed.

But poisoning the King is another matter. She'd be lucky to escape with a beheading.

I haven't thought about this before but it definitely sounds plausible. If that's the case, bye bye Margaery.

yeah and there are no Dragons and magic is for little children's dreams. I'm not saying it isn't gross but come on look at what we are talking about.

I wonder at what age a boy prince or lord is expected to consummate his marriage to an older woman in this world. If Margaery were to start initiating Tommen into sexual activity, would this be considered gross, or proper behaviour from a conscientious wife?

yeah and there are no Dragons and magic is for little children's dreams. I'm not saying it isn't gross but come on look at what we are talking about. 

Jaime has mentioned he's too young. In their world, Tommen is as young as he should be in ours.

I wonder at what age a boy prince or lord is expected to consummate his marriage to an older woman in this world. If Margaery were to start initiating Tommen into sexual activity, would this be considered gross, or proper behaviour from a conscientious wife?

IICR, some Targs married and had children quite young. I'd say around 13 or so. Wasn't that Joffrey's age?

I'm sure it would be looked down upon but he is the "boy" King. All that is required by a girl is to be flowered. That's it. The only thing holding Tommen back is Cersei fighting Margaery to see who's tit is in his mouth. And that's why Marg was sneaking into his room for some privy time

I'm sure it would be looked down upon but he is the "boy" King. All that is required by a girl is to be flowered. That's it. The only thing holding Tommen back is Cersei fighting Margaery to see who's tit is in his mouth. And that's why Marg was sneaking into his room for some privy time

Martin has said he's considering the realistic aspects of human anatomy (despite some mistakes he might commit) and that the Maesters in his world know the basics of it. The fact families have to expect for their daughters to flower and turn at least 16 implies they know that not only there is an age to conceive but conceive too early is dangerous for women. It's not different that they have similar knowledge about boys.

Now, narratively, I don't see Margaery giving Tommen sex (or a sexual initiation). That's kinda the point of Marg being Cersei's antagonist. Cersei convinced Jaime to be a KG with sex, and pretty much she has used sex to get him and other men to do her will. Cersei probably fears the day Margaery and Tommen finally have sex, she will control him, but what she's giving him already is something Cersei can also give him but she denies him: confidence and independence. By the time they finally consummate, Tommen will care for her for real.

Martin has said he's considering the realistic aspects of human anatomy (despite some mistakes he might commit) and that the Maesters in his world know the basics of it. The fact families have to expect for their daughters to flower and turn at least 16 implies they know that not only there is an age to conceive but conceive too early is dangerous for women. It's not different that they have similar knowledge about boys.

Now, narratively, I don't see Margaery giving Tommen sex (or a sexual initiation). That's kinda the point of Marg being Cersei's antagonist. Cersei convinced Jaime to be a KG with sex, and pretty much she has used sex to get him and other men to do her will. Cersei probably fears the day Margaery and Tommen finally have sex, she will control him, but what she's giving him already is something Cersei can also give him but she denies him: confidence and independence. By the time they finally consummate, Tommen will care for her for real.

I don't disagree with you but it goes back to the double standard of boy vs girl. If a young boy has sex he is becoming a man. If it's the girl it's a completely different story. 

I don't disagree with you but it goes back to the double standard of boy vs girl. If a young boy has sex he is becoming a man. If it's the girl it's a completely different story. 

Agree, but in this case, if they were going for that, they would get Tommen a prostitute (IICR, Tyrion wanted to give Joffrey one, and he was around 13). The fact the King marries and consummate obeys the need of him making his marriage official and fathering an heir, which is something Tommen isn't yet able to do.

To return to the topic of how will Margaery die.

IMO she will be likely declared innocent of cheating on Tommen, but in the right time Varys or Littlefinger will make sure that Cersei learns about her part in Joffrey's murder and Cersei will send Robert Strong...

I'm of the opinion that Renly did actually consummate his marriage, just because he's gay doesn't mean he doesn't understand the importance of heirs if he is going to be king.  Him being gay just makes the Tyrell's lie easy to swallow.

As for Margaery's death, I see her dying next to her husband, Aegon Targaryen.  Tommen looks to be likely to die soon and then Margaery will be single and on the look out for the next king to marry, and Aegon seems likely since I thought that the Tyrells are secret Targaryen supporters.  But there is a limit to how far her luck will go so I don't think she will survive her fourth king.

This is what I think. Margaery is the Black Widow of Westeros. I could definitely see Mace offering her hand to Aegon once poor Tommen is out of the picture. 

As to how she dies, Aegon politely refuses her hand but works with Mace to negotiate a marriage between Marg and his Hand of the King, Jon Connington. Marg finally has a marriage consummated but contracts greyscale in her lady bits thanks to JonCon and is shipped off to the Sorrows. Newly single, Marg catches the eye of the Shrouded Lord and lands husband #5. As long as he doesn't jump off The Bridge of Dream, this marriage might be the forever kind.

This is what I think. Margaery is the Black Widow of Westeros. I could definitely see Mace offering her hand to Aegon once poor Tommen is out of the picture. 

As to how she dies, Aegon politely refuses her hand but works with Mace to negotiate a marriage between Marg and his Hand of the King, Jon Connington. Marg finally has a marriage consummated but contracts greyscale in her lady bits thanks to JonCon and is shipped off to the Sorrows. Newly single, Marg catches the eye of the Shrouded Lord and lands husband #5. As long as he doesn't jump off The Bridge of Dream, this marriage might be the forever kind.

But, JonCon's gay, too. He's no more likely to consummate a marriage than Renly.

I do like the idea of Marg and fAegon, to take that wild card out of the picture. We've had a shadowbaby, the Strangler, don't yet know how Tommen goes; what would be a good ending for fAegon/Illyrio Jr.? Wildfire? Faceless Man?

As the topic reads I'm wondering if she dies in the next book or the one after that? Will she die at the trial and cause House Tyrell to wage war on the faith or suvive only to be assassinated later on by someone?

Oh BTW she will die. You don't have sublte forshadowing like the one in ACoK when Renly and Stannis are having a parley ''You’ll be pleased to know she came to me a
maid.” - Renly “In your bed she’s like to die that way.” - Stannis

Or the one in ASoS When Tywin wants Jaime to marry Margaery “Lord Tyrell swears the girl’s still maiden.” - Tywin “She can die a maiden as far as I’m concerned. I don’t want her, and I don’t want your Rock!” - Jaime

She will die a virgin too.

I too believe Margaery dies in TWOW.  But likely by the hands of Robert.  The Sparrows can't be that stupid.  They have to know who feeds the city. 

But, JonCon's gay, too. He's no more likely to consummate a marriage than Renly.

I do like the idea of Marg and fAegon, to take that wild card out of the picture. We've had a shadowbaby, the Strangler, don't yet know how Tommen goes; what would be a good ending for fAegon/Illyrio Jr.? Wildfire? Faceless Man?

How could I forget JonCon's lack of interest in the female persuasion! Would he do it for Aegon? He can't let Rhaegar Jr down. And if the greyscale has taken over down south, he wouldn't have Renly's problem of not being able to get it up.

Balerion the cat is going to kill Tommen. Ser Pounce and Lady Whiskers will try to fight him off, but they're no match for him once Rhaenys takes over the controls to finally get her Lannister revenge. Poor Tommen loses his life to half a hundred cat scratches. 

Aegon is going to trip on his way up to the Iron Throne and crack his skull open. A sad echo of baby Aegon's fate.

Hey! Just because a guy is gay doesn't mean he's 100% unable to consummate a marriage.

Considering I'm very sure Renly did consummate his marriage with Margaery (why wouldn't he? He knew he HAD to seal the alliance with an heir) I'd say his chances could have been high if it hadn't been for that meddling greyscale.

How could I forget JonCon's lack of interest in the female persuasion! Would he do it for Aegon? He can't let Rhaegar Jr down. And if the greyscale has taken over down south, he wouldn't have Renly's problem of not being able to get it up.

He would totally do it for Aegon, but not Margaery. Someone will have to step front to make a Martell-Aegon alliance...

Considering I'm very sure Renly did consummate his marriage with Margaery (why wouldn't he? He knew he HAD to seal the alliance with an heir) I'd say his chances could have been high if it hadn't been for that meddling greyscale.

But that would spoil one of Stannis's best lines.

Archived