Football : The end of the year as we know it

kairparavel

It's quite fascinating how players like Matic or Hazard can go from top class to utter shit in a space of a few months. I have to say Everton got robbe big time there offiside and the amount of added time reminds of Fergie time. Commentator said oh close on in terms of that offside by Terry. Entertaining game it was.

Either Bilic got his tactics wrong or Noble and/or Kouyate weren't listening.  We had three bloody central midfielders, and not one of them gave Shelvey any trouble in the first half.  It was pretty obvious from the start that he'd sit deep and pass long through the middle, but we had the numbers to deal with it and we didn't.  Very unimpressed. 

bullshit. 

and he looked great today.  The whole team looked fantastic.  

They looked good enough to survive relegation, anyway.  West Ham were so shit for the first 30, though.  Newcastle should have been four up at the half. 

That was very unfortunate for Everton, really needed a win, and then of course Chelsea scores the equalizer through an obvious offside. What a shame, they just seem to be dropping far too many points in games where they seem like they are the slightly better side. I wonder what Mourinho thinks having seen that offside goal allowed. Surely the refs are against Chelsea, right Jose, (aka the man who never ever made the right post-game analysis) ?

Leicester also dropping some unnecessary points there against Villa.

Mignolet has been little more than a spectator so far. Don't think we've even managed a shot on target yet. No doubt Liverpool have been the better side and really should be leading.

I wouldn't say that. They've come closer to threatening our goal, but Firmino being a total wuss is just as much of a flaw in their game as our players being unable to pull the trigger on that through-pass. I understand why Klopp is going with a false 9 but he's really not the man for it. Neither team would really deserve a lead here.

What's the verdict on Darmian. He seems to be struggling quite a bit from what I've seen of him.

Not sure what the issue is really. He had a strong start but he's tailed off. He's always going to be less comfortable on the left, though.

Pretty sure this game will be decided by a defensive howler...which could come from either side. It certainly doesn't look like a goal is going to come by conventional means.

I wouldn't say that. They've come closer to threatening our goal, but Firmino being a total wuss is just as much of a flaw in their game as our players being unable to pull the trigger on that through-pass. I understand why Klopp is going with a false 9 but he's really not the man for it. Neither team would really deserve a lead here.

Seems pretty clear to me all the opportunities have been by Liverpool and there have been a few that they should have scored (Lallana, Henderson). Can't remember United even getting close.

Poor first half from United but Liverpool haven't taken advantage and I'm not confident they don't have a defensive howler in them at some point.

Yup you just know after all these missed chances that United are gonna score. Benteke soon I hope at least he has a finish in him. 

Archived