book1-book5, which characters would you have liked to see have their own POVs?

Thuckey

This series is great, because it could be potentially told from so many different points of views as there are so many things happening in the story and just around the world in general. Theoretically, if GRRM made a bunch of extra chapters all throughout the series it could be extended to several DOZEN books. That obviously won't happen, although I'm sure that there is maybe some fan fiction out there that tells the same story from different POVs throughout each book?

So from book1 to book5, which characters would you have liked to see have their own POV chapters? Here's my list.

All books: Maybe would be interesting to see the story from Littlefingers or Varys's point of views. To know what they are thinking and know what exactly they had been up to the whole time. Would truly be epic.

Book 1 : Would have been cool to have Robb, Jamie, maybe even Robert have their own chapters.

Book 2: Renly, Bronn

Book 3: Tywin, Oberyn

Book 4: Qyburn, Doran, Euron

Book 5: Stannis, Euron, Drogon (could work like the warg chapters somewhat)

A Meera POV please to learn about her past! But also Euron and Jorah would be extremely interesting for me.

Doran, Gendry, and Petyr as well.

All books: Maybe would be interesting to see the story from Littlefingers or Varys's point of views. To know what they are thinking and know what exactly they had been up to the whole time. Would truly be epic.

Book 5: Stannis, Euron, Drogon (could work like the warg chapters somewhat)

My ideal LF POV would have enough information, but not too much...

Oh! Drogon POV.....

Robb because he was Lord of Winterfell, doing all the jobs involving a Lord, I want to read about those little things. And some major generals during War of the Five King. I wouldn't like Euron, Littlefinger or Doran as a POV, mostly because they are mysterious characters, being in their head is not as mysterious.

Primarily I think of which character's PoVs I want in future books (Gendry and Margaery), but I think Margaery could work as a good PoV for books 2, 3, and 4 as well.  I would like to see what's really going on in her head (is she power hungry like her father or just a normal young lady doing what daddy tells her to) and I think she'd make great parallels to Cersei and Sansa.

Robb

A wildling like Osha or Val. I'd love Mance but maybe not until ADWD.

Maester Luwin. I just really liked him and always wanted to hear more of his Citadel-approved history lessons.

One of the Tyrells - preferably Margaery. I want to know how complicit she's been in everything. 

In CoK I think a Ramsay POV would have been really interesting as a way of providing another viewpoint in the north and winterfell to show the events. Ramsay as Reek POV could also have hints about the origins of the betrayal by Roose. After all, I personally find Theon's arc in Clash good but it doesn't give much of a feel for what's actually going on in Winterfell after the attack, it mostly consists of Theon trying to convince himself he's the hottest stud in westeros^_^

Although Ramsay is totally evil and psychotic he is surprisingly intelligent and possesses a low cunning and ability to adapt quickly to a change in events - this makes me want to go inside his head and ask the question: who is Ramsay?  :huh:

Game: None, they're fine as they are

Clash: Maybe Jaime, if Robb could drag him around to show us Oxcross and everything about the Crag

Storm: Asha, to show us the immediate aftermath of Balon's death and the Kingsmoot (I think that storyline would've worked better in Storm than in Feast)

And Cersei, to have a glimpse of her mind before she thoroughly lost it

Oh, and maybe a wildling like Val so the Battle of the Wall could've been a bit less one-sided and more ambiguous

Feast: Loras, to get a POV foil for Cersei other than Jaime and to show us the siege and fall of Dragonstone

Dance: Archibald Yronwood instead of Quentyn, as I have a feeling he's narrative voice would have been more interesting than Quentyn's

Archived