Where were Aerys and other royal family buried?

purple-eyes

Targ will be burned after death. But ashes would remain. 

Jaeherys and alysanne were intered under red keep.

it was before the sept of baelor.

there were tombs under the sept of baelor. Joffery was buried there. 

Would they bury Aerys and rhaella there? 

Jon aryyn returned the bones of Lewyn to Dorne .

since they did not return Elia to them, I guess elia was burned with her two children too.

were they buried under the sept? Or some other tombs? 

Rhaegar was burned too. Maybe buried in stark tomb with his true love. By ned per request of lyanna. 

(Can a Targ be buried in stark tomb and right besides Rickard and Brandon?)

I would assume at least Aerys and Rhaella made it under the Sept. 

As for the rest, I don't know. It's actually kind of cool to think about. No one really knows what became of Prince Rhaegar's body and stuff like that. 

Kind of a morbid mystery. Noice. 

Targ will be burned after death. But ashes would remain. 

Jaeherys and alysanne were intered under red keep.

it was before the sept of baelor.

there were tombs under the sept of baelor. Joffery was buried there. 

Would they bury Aerys and rhaella there? 

Jon aryyn returned the bones of Lewyn to Dorne .

since they did not return Elia to them, I guess elia was burned with her two children too.

were they buried under the sept? Or some other tombs? 

Rhaegar was burned too. Maybe buried in stark tomb with his true love. By ned per request of lyanna. 

(Can a Targ be buried in stark tomb and right besides Rickard and Brandon?)

Rhaella, Elia and kids are for sure properly burried. Aerys and Rheagar are subject of discusion. If anyone else including Ned called the shots he would be burried too under the sept, but it is possible that Robert made sure nothings is left of him. And for Aerys I think burning his body would be cool because of his love for fire.

I would assume at least Aerys and Rhaella made it under the Sept. 

As for the rest, I don't know. It's actually kind of cool to think about. No one really knows what became of Prince Rhaegar's body and stuff like that. 

Kind of a morbid mystery. Noice. 

yes, I just wonder since Robert hates rhaegar so much, he would probably just throw his ash away and make him tombless. 

Probably. If Robert is in Storm's End, I hope Jon Connington makes sure his tomb was the place where all the Golden Company pees once he takes it.

to be serious, I think in that time people must quite respect dead people's tombs. 

I do not think JonCon will do this type of thing. Too mean even for him. 

Probably. If Robert is in Storm's End, I hope Jon Connington makes sure his tomb was the place where all the Golden Company pees once he takes it.

"Have your men dig the latrine here, Strickland. Something tells me this is a good place. And if the elephants can take their humongous dumps here too, it'd be great"

"Have your men dig the latrine here, Strickland. Something tells me this is a good place. And if the elephants can take their humongous dumps here too, it'd be great"

Oh, come on. You know he's doing the digging himself.He's just there redecorating everything...

A: But.... Lord Jon... shouldn't be my banners there?

J: Shut up, kidd, let me enjoy the moment...

B8mrJV0.png

Desecrating dead bodies and tomps is something a barbarian leader would do to professionally spread fear.

If you are trying to legiptimize yourself in a less-than-pristine situation, like the end (or the beginning!) of a civil war, you'll probably do something "presidential" or "kingly" to your fallen enemies, and show respect to your culture's rites.

So I bet that both Rhaegar and Aerys are properly buried with the other Targaryen kings and royal family members.

Wasn't Robert's shameless benediction of Tywin Lannister's choices on Rhaegar's family enough to affirm his strenght and domination?

Desecrating dead bodies and tomps is something a barbarian leader would do to professionally spread fear.

If you are trying to legiptimize yourself in a less-than-pristine situation, like the end (or the beginning!) of a civil war, you'll probably do something "presidential" or "kingly" to your fallen enemies, and show respect to your culture's rites.

So I bet that both Rhaegar and Aerys are properly buried with the other Targaryen kings and royal family members.

Wasn't Robert's shameless benediction of Tywin Lannister's choices on Rhaegar's family enough to affirm his strenght and domination?

well, usually it is so. I think Aerys, rhaella, elia and children will be buried properly.

But Robert hated rhaegar very very much. 

If lady Dustin wanted to throw Ned's bones to her dogs, I guess Robert will certainly flush rhaegar's ashes into his toilet. 

The thing is, if rhaegar was buried under sept of baelor, I think cersei would mention or visit it. 

I feel like rhaegar was either thrown away by Robert or was secretly taken by ned to bury with lyanna. rhaegar certainly wanted to be buried with lyanna, not with Elia and children. 

Maybe this is one of lyanna's promises. 

The thing is, if rhaegar was buried under sept of baelor, I think cersei would mention or visit it. 

I feel like rhaegar was either thrown away by Robert or was secretly taken by ned to bury with lyanna. rhaegar certainly wanted to be buried with lyanna, not with Elia and children. 

Maybe this is one of lyanna's promises. 

I disagree, on both sides.

Robert went surprisingly practical in all themes regarding power.
The driving force behind his actions seems to be a clever ambition, regardless what he says once every some months, when he thinks of his youth - usually he is too happy drinking, fucking and hunting for that.

There are precedents on how you end a dinasty in Westeros, and it is his own ancestor Orys Baratheon to set it.
You kill the last Durrendon in battle, being unstoppable and terrifying in your fury when on hot blood. Then you get "presidential" when cold blooded, and you cover and marry his betrayed daughter, to seduce his vassals.
It is exactly what Robert did, thanks to Tywin that solved his "problem" of dealing with Aerys, Elia and the others, letting Robert be
magnanimous with all of his surviving enemies.
The only one sent to the Wall is Thorne, who is not surprisingly bitter about it, and Robert is only worried of the ones "of the blood" while they are alive.

About the Starks.
Eddard Stark went through quite an effort to bring his sister's bones to WInterfell, and put her "in her place" with the Stark of old.
IIRC he brought "the bones" meaning he had to get her flesh away boiling her or using beetles to do so, it is not something you do lightly to your sister. It is a strong willed decision, that takes time to execute, too. It is not a case, it is premeditated.
I'm quite positive that he didn't think Rhaegar belonged there, so no, he didn't want Lyanna and Rhaegar to be put together.
Also, I think that anything Lyanna begged him to promise was regarding the world of the living, and her son, and not about tombs and having a beautiful pose, or story, or statue in death.

Cheers.

Archived