Flat Earth theory gaining converts???

Ser Scot A Ellison

7 hours ago, Prince of the North said:

Heh.  Yes, thanks for the reminder.  I guess I had heard of both of these but I wonder if the Flat Earthers have already come up with an explanation of how, exactly, anything can "swim" through "nothing".  Hmm...I think I like the "Infinite Turtles" theorem better:P

Throw the heretic over the Circumfence!

17 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Throw the heretic over the Circumfence!

Hmm...this is an intriguing idea!  I wonder which way I'd "fall" if I were thrown off this flat earth?  Would I fall at all?  Or would I simply stay in place while the flat earth continues it's acceleration "beyond" me due to..."Infinite Turtle" reproduction, I guess?  Also, do the elephants reproduce as well?  Also also, are more turtles and/or elephants added at the "bottom" or "top" of the column holding up and, indeed, propelling our flat earth?  Also also also, why does the circumference of the column of turtles and elephants never seem to exceed the circumference of our flat earth?  Also also also also, did Tolkien get it wrong? Is Middle Earth actually not curved so there is no need to take the "Straight Road" to Valinor because, well, the world is already flat making the road already "straight"?  Inquiring minds certainly want, no, NEED to know the answers to these important questions!:P         

15 minutes ago, Lordsteve666 said:

In your face stupid gravity theories!!

That should silence those flat earther fools.....though I doubt it will change their belief in the slightest!

Yes, if you look at this picture which is in the article, all it says is that they can look down the line of a plane at the same level with the disc of the Earth. :P

Infographic

48 minutes ago, Lordsteve666 said:

In your face stupid gravity theories!!

That should silence those flat earther fools.....though I doubt it will change their belief in the slightest!

30 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

Yes, if you look at this picture which is in the article, all it says is that they can look down the line of a plane at the same level with the disc of the Earth. :P

Infographic

Yeah, sure!  Now pull the other one!  You both know this is all just part of the conspiracy, right?!;)  It's all just lies upon lies perpetuated by those damn "Round Earthers".  In fact, I think I just came up with how the flat earth has gravity!  It's resting on top of all the "Round Earth" lies and the lies are growing so fast that the flat earth is under constant acceleration!:P  

3 hours ago, Prince of the North said:

Good question!  And how does it get to the other side of the flat earth each day?:P

As the Earth moves upwards, the Moon tends to lag behind, but it receives an extra boost every day, and for about 8-10 hours a day it can keep up with the Earth. It has something to do with the turtle.

3 hours ago, Corvinus said:

As the Earth moves upwards, the Moon tends to lag behind, but it receives an extra boost every day, and for about 8-10 hours a day it can keep up with the Earth. It has something to do with the turtle.

Ah, thanks!  I knew some wonderful denizen of the board could quickly clear that up for me!;)

Archived