NBA Season 2015/16 - Currying Favor

Relic

33 minutes ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

With only one ball to shoot at a time, how those superstar parts fit together can be crucial.

And that's the other reason I'm so bummed about Kobe. Because I think if you take the 5 best players from the 3 elite teams in the West: Westbrook, Curry, Durant, Kawhi, Draymond...it's like the perfect team for today's game. It's the one we send to take on other planets. That's the 5 I want to see play together instead of 4 superstars and their aging ballhog dad.

I need this distraction from the hell this Wizards season has become, dicks. 

5 minutes ago, Jaime L said:

And that's the other reason I'm so bummed about Kobe. Because I think if you take the 5 best players from the 3 elite teams in the West: Westbrook, Curry, Durant, Kawhi, Draymond...it's like the perfect team for today's game. It's the one we send to take on other planets. That's the 5 I want to see play together instead of 4 superstars and their aging ballhog dad.

Space Jam 2, anyone? *Come on and slam, and welcome to the Jam*

7 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Space Jam 2, anyone? *Come on and slam, and welcome to the Jam*

In fairness, if we get Russell Westbrook angry enough he'll beat the aliens by himself.

20 minutes ago, Jaime L said:

In fairness, if we get Russell Westbrook angry enough he'll beat the aliens by himself.

I think he'd just fight them.

My dream all-star 3 man team features Westbrook,  Z-bo at PF and Perkins at C.

"You want to make a shot? We'll see you in the parking lot!"

3 hours ago, Jaime L said:

I need this distraction from the hell this Wizards season has become, dicks. 

Saw they lost to Denver and lost the game before and/or after it as well.

They are playing themselves out of what seemed to me like a guaranteed playoffs spot at the start of the season.

As for the All-Stars, if I could pick a team of starters it would be:

East: Wall, Butler, George, James, Drummond. This would entertain me a great deal, super versatile and all around capable.

West: Curry, Westbrook, Leonard, Durant, Cousins. Cousins is a monster this year and deserves his spot. Conversely, Davis has had a troubled season. You could make a very good case for Chris Paul or James  Harden starting, or Klay Thompson for that matter.

Warriors almost ended up going to overtime tonight against the Sixers. The Sixers! Crazy.

Also, Rockets came up short against the Wizards last night, with Howard managing to get himself ejected for the second straight game. He's got to sort that out, because the defence just collapses when he isn't in the game. The way the game finished was odd - the Rockets went super, super small and put Harden at centre. And they managed to get him a shot to win the game, just couldn't get it to fall.

ST 

76ers a much stronger opponent with Ish in the lineup. Its striking how one addition or subtraction to a lineup can dramatically change a team in the NBA.

Also, for whatever reasons, the 76ers seem stronger against the Western conference. They are 1-27 against the East but 6-14 against the West.

16 hours ago, Sir Thursday said:

Warriors almost ended up going to overtime tonight against the Sixers. The Sixers! Crazy.

Also, Rockets came up short against the Wizards last night, with Howard managing to get himself ejected for the second straight game. He's got to sort that out, because the defence just collapses when he isn't in the game. The way the game finished was odd - the Rockets went super, super small and put Harden at centre. And they managed to get him a shot to win the game, just couldn't get it to fall.

ST 

Howard really has been a shadow of himself all season long.

The most striking thing about him when I watch the Rockets games, is just how little he does.

His offensive game has gone down a lot.

3 hours ago, Calibandar said:

Howard really has been a shadow of himself all season long.

The most striking thing about him when I watch the Rockets games, is just how little he does.

His offensive game has gone down a lot.

Not sure I agree with that assessment. Yes, his post-up game has fallen away, but apart from a very brief period he was never especially efficient with those possessions anyway so it's not big loss. He is still a rock in the middle of the team's defence - while he's not quite as explosive a leaper as he used to be he still knows how to scare opposing players away from the rim. Smart teams can have a layup line against the Rockets when he's not in the game because he is light-years ahead of any of the other available bigs  in defending the paint. I'm hoping Capela will get there with time, but he's still young and can't really handle anything complicated, and it shows. If you want to see what I mean, just watch the Thunder-Rockets game after Howard gets ejected. Poor Clint has no idea how to stop Kanter, and the Rockets defence just folds. It's night-and-day compared to how the team defended with Howard in the game.

I don't think very much of the Rockets' decline this season can be laid at Howard's door. He has been playing hard every night and holding things together when he's in the game. It's the rest of the team who have forgotten how to play defence (Ariza and Beverley aren't getting the job done as they did last season in that department) and don't seem to be able to get back in transition to save their lives.

ST

Just now, Sir Thursday said:

(Ariza and Beverley aren't getting the job done as they did last season in that department) and don't seem to be able to get back in transition to save their lives.

Otherwise known as Hardenitis. 

Soooooo... Kevin Love is scoring the ball, Cavs are 4-1 since Blatt was fired with the "Big 3" netting 20+ points over the last few games. . 

10 hours ago, Sir Thursday said:

Not sure I agree with that assessment. .

ST

We have to agree to disagree here. He's still useful defensively but offensively he has gone down, and just doesn't seem to do much in the various Rockets games I have seen.

Intriguing gambit by the Wittman Wizards trying to lure Durant to DC by continuing to neither cover him nor make an even passing attempt to rebound. It's well known that pity is generally the first step towards infatuation. 

Thats-A-Bold-Strategy-Meme.gif

32 minutes ago, Rhom said:

Talk is cheap, I'll believe that when I see it.  KD would get absolutely pilloried if he left OKC to join what is already the most talented team in the league.  Not to mention that I'm really skeptical that GS could make that salary cap work. 

Archived