NBA Season 2015/16 - Currying Favor

Relic

6 minutes ago, Jaime L said:

The 76ers should consider it.

BTW, last night also paid homage to one of my favorite NES games ever: 

Wizards_and_Warriors_NES_cover.jpg

Oh man, I loved that one as well. Platform Jumping in that game was frustrating as hell though. Burnt some hours on that one for sure. I don't think I ever managed to finish it.

24 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Oh man, I loved that one as well. Platform Jumping in that game was frustrating as hell though. Burnt some hours on that one for sure. I don't think I ever managed to finish it.

So true. That game used to make me so jittery because you'd come so far in a level only to blow it on one mistimed jump.

19 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

My best friend's little brother ruined my NES when he spilled milk all over it. :(

And everyone knows Zombies Ate My Neighbors was the best NES game!

I presume that kid grew up to be Martin Shkreli. What a little punk. 

Avery Bradley buzzer beater! I turned on the NBA channel in perfect time.

And then they show Butler getting taken off the court on some sort of cart thing with a leg injury. Fuucck.

Butler just a knee sprain but Bulls blow a 16-point 4th quarter lead. This team is insane.

this talk of Durant to the Warriors is really starting to bother me. So dumb. Warriors have potentially the best team ever assembled, and Durant will probably sign a one year deal and will wait to sign his mega contract in 2017, when the cap rises another 20mil.

2 hours ago, Relic said:

this talk of Durant to the Warriors is really starting to bother me. So dumb. Warriors have potentially the best team ever assembled, and Durant will probably sign a one year deal and will wait to sign his mega contract in 2017, when the cap rises another 20mil.

With his injury history, I'm not sure he'd risk it. Maybe he will, but if so, I think its because he and Westbrook have agreed to stick together, whether in OKC or elsewhere and Westbrook has a year left. The cap is already going up so much after this season as is. 

Also, there's a good chance there will be another lockout beginning at 12:01am July 1, 2017, and if the past is prologue the owners are going to screw over the players hard again. I think the smart move for players is to get a new contract in place before then, with provisions against being altered by a new CBA. And I'm not sure the timing would let Durant do that if he signed a year one deal during this offseason.

On February 6, 2016 at 7:24 AM, Relic said:

Honestly, I think that's all it is. Talk and supposition. Speaking of which I can't believe you guys haven't commented on that game. I was traveling all day yesterday, but even the ESPN highlights were epic. Hell of a finish. 

21 hours ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Honestly, I think that's all it is. Talk and supposition. Speaking of which I can't believe you guys haven't commented on that game. I was traveling all day yesterday, but even the ESPN highlights were epic. Hell of a finish. 

That game was nuts. OKC coming back from 20 down. Durant putting up a 40/14 and coming short because GS's bench >>> OKC. 

It really feels like the Bulls '96 season where every game Golden State plays is an event. 

That game was nuts. OKC coming back from 20 down. Durant putting up a 40/14 and coming short because GS's bench >>> OKC. 

It really feels like the Bulls '96 season where every game Golden State plays is an event. 

15 minutes ago, Relic said:

PRAISE JESUS!!! the knicks have fired Fisher!!!!!

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brian Windhorst said: "Kurt Rambis is Knicks interim coach but league sources believe Brian Shaw and Luke Walton are top long-term replacement candidates"

Lets hope it's more Walton than Shaw.

9 minutes ago, Mexal said:

Brian Windhorst said: "Kurt Rambis is Knicks interim coach but league sources believe Brian Shaw and Luke Walton are top long-term replacement candidates"

Lets hope it's more Walton than Shaw.

I dunno how good Walton really is, but anything is an upgrade over the Derek Fisher fucking shit show.

Archived