NBA Season 2015/16 - Currying Favor

Relic

Pistons rally section reporting-

We finally got Brandon Jennings back from injury and now have a bonafide 2nd unit that can mount a legit scoring attack. Soon we have Meeks back as well and its all great for our shooting diversity. 

Pistons now 9-4 against fellow Eastern Conference playoff teams (by current standings) and with getting a few key bench guys back, I only expect Detroit to increase their winning percentage. With PG's Jennings and Reggie Williams over 48 minutes it transforms the offense into a constant threat to make sure opposing defenses never get a moment to glide. Our 2nd unit against Orlando last night went on a 14-4 run in the 3rd and a 19-2 run to start the 4th enroute to blowing the Magic right out of a close game. Thats the kind of difference Jennings can bring the 2nd unit. I'm legit excited for a playoff run out of these guys if they can maintain their health into the postseason.

Pistons rally section reporting-

We finally got Brandon Jennings back from injury and now have a bonafide 2nd unit that can mount a legit scoring attack. Soon we have Meeks back as well and its all great for our shooting diversity. 

Pistons now 9-4 against fellow Eastern Conference playoff teams (by current standings) and with getting a few key bench guys back, I only expect Detroit to increase their winning percentage. With PG's Jennings and Reggie Williams over 48 minutes it transforms the offense into a constant threat to make sure opposing defenses never get a moment to glide. Our 2nd unit against Orlando last night went on a 14-4 run in the 3rd and a 19-2 run to start the 4th enroute to blowing the Magic right out of a close game. Thats the kind of difference Jennings can bring the 2nd unit. I'm legit excited for a playoff run out of these guys if they can maintain their health into the postseason.

That's pretty good news for you guys! Whenever I've watched the Pistons' starters I felt like they should be near the top of the East, but then their bench checked in and I changed my mind. Having Jennings will surely be a big upgrade over Dinwiddie and Blake. How does Jennings look in the P&R with Drummond?

ST

Jennings and Drummond are very natural in the Pick and roll, Jennings is adept at penetrating and dishing to an open 3 or getting a fast break going as well. The only reason Jackson is ahead of him on the 1st string is Jackson has a height advantage and is the stronger defender. As long as Jennings continues to embrace being that leader off the bench (he had been the starter before the achilles injury and Jackson trade) then this team has gained an added dimension and turned a weakness (bench) into a strength. Its going to be exciting seeing how they handle this going forward.

So who's been good lately, from what I've noticed?

The Bulls have now won 6 straight and are moving up firmly to the #2 spot in the East, as expected of them.

A very tough team on paper, they are looking like they have things more together, but there is no telling if this will hold. Not sure what this run of success means for Joakim Noah who's been injured throughout all of that run. He was already going to second units.

The Clippers have also won 6 straight, much or all of that without Griffin. They too just seem less instable, but their wins are all solid rather than really impressive.

OKC has had a good haul the last 10 games, winning 8 of them I believe. Interesting that as soon as Durant missed a game, they lost it as well. Westbrook has been spectacular as well of late.

And much to my surprise, the NY Knicks have actually won 3 straight to suddenly bring themselves back into playoffs contention.

I'd also note Memphis looks awful, so much worse than expected, and there is genuinely no candidate in the West for that no.8 spot. 

So who's been good lately, from what I've noticed?

The Bulls have now won 6 straight and are moving up firmly to the #2 spot in the East, as expected of them.

A very tough team on paper, they are looking like they have things more together, but there is no telling if this will hold. Not sure what this run of success means for Joakim Noah who's been injured throughout all of that run. He was already going to second units.

The Clippers have also won 6 straight, much or all of that without Griffin. They too just seem less instable, but their wins are all solid rather than really impressive.

OKC has had a good haul the last 10 games, winning 8 of them I believe. Interesting that as soon as Durant missed a game, they lost it as well. Westbrook has been spectacular as well of late.

And much to my surprise, the NY Knicks have actually won 3 straight to suddenly bring themselves back into playoffs contention.

I'd also note Memphis looks awful, so much worse than expected, and there is genuinely no candidate in the West for that no.8 spot. 

Well, the Knicks blew the Bulls out a couple of weeks ago, and that sparked something in Chicago. No one likes getting man handled by the Knicks.

However, NY has just came off a stretch where they beat Atlanta twice in two days, and followed that up by a win in Miami. Not bad. Tonight they play the Spurs in S.A., so i expect this short win streak to end. Hopefully they make the Spurs sweat it out, tho. 

Really weird scheduling

well I guess it was three days,  really. back to back home and away is pretty weird indeed,  you don't see it much. they have already played ATL four times this season. 

Archived