Winds update (not a blog)

TheLightning Lord

Not sure why my previous topic was deleted, but whatevs, this is big. I can't even remember the last update we had on book 6, maybe a couple years ago? 

Well the great man himself will be throwing us a bone at last. As some of you may be aware, he planned to write up a 'very very very long' end of year post including info about tWoW which he lost. 

So now GRRM will be updating on the last year in smaller posts throughout the day instead! http://grrm.livejournal.com/463185.html

isn't this exciting???

EDIT - there's been 5 updates so far. We're getting closer :D

He only said he had planned on publishing a text about the things that happened last year, he never said he would give us more information about Winds. He may be refering to the Hugos, refugee crises, anything at all.

If course, maybe it was about Winds, but I don't think we should get our hopes up until we're sure. 

He only said he had planned on publishing a text about the things that happened last year, he never said he would give us more information about Winds. He may be refering to the Hugos, refugee crises, anything at all.

If course, maybe it was about Winds, but I don't think we should get our hopes up until we're sure. 

"So... where was I? Oh, the lost post. Well, the title was simply "2015." It was meant to be a review of my entire year, personal and professional. And yes, I talked about WINDS, but I talked about a lot of things as well. That was the sort of year it was."

"So... where was I? Oh, the lost post. Well, the title was simply "2015." It was meant to be a review of my entire year, personal and professional. And yes, I talked about WINDS, but I talked about a lot of things as well. That was the sort of year it was."

Yeah, just saw that... :blushing: I thought the OP was refering to what Martin had posted last night, wasn't aware of the update.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but he hasn't exactly been giving information about his progress on the book every year, right? If he's talking about it now, it must be important..

:leer:

Yeah, just saw that... :blushing: I thought the OP was refering to what Martin had posted last night, wasn't aware of the update.

Correct me if II'm wrong, but he hasn't exactly been giving information about his progresso on the book every year, right? If he's talking about it now, it must be important..

:leer:

Exactly! hopefully over zealous mods don't delete this thread, we need to know whether it's safe to watch season 6 or not. 

Guys, we'll only get a publication date when the book is finished, and when the book is finished George is going to tell us at once. Just as he did when ADwD was finished, as you all should know.

There may be some talk/information about TWoW but certainly not something as groundbreaking as the fact that he has finished it or a publication date. He wouldn't keep any of that back.

I'm now going to visit his blog every (1/60 of an) hour

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Best people should hope for is a "I might possibly maybe try to finish Winds before I die maybe."

At this stage, any information at all would be welcome. Even if he says there's no way he will finish the book this year, we can at least adjust our expectations. 

Three coppers says we will get cover art. 

I say we can discuss the cover art for at least 2 months. If it means Winds is ready and is just on editing phase, who are the characters, and at least five different websites/podcasts will analyse the background and compare it to every city/land/location that has ever been briefly described to guess where it is

I'm now going to visit his blog every (1/60 of an) hour

At this stage, any information at all would be welcome. Even if he says there's no way he will finish the book this year, we can at least adjust our expectations. 

I say we can discuss the cover art for at least 2 months. If it means Winds is ready and is just on editing phase, who are the characters, and at least five different websites/podcasts will analyse the background and compare it to every city/land/location that has ever been briefly described to guess where it is

You can do it for at least two summers.

Archived