Winds update (not a blog)

TheLightning Lord

Wtf i guess its karma i decided to mess with everyone and after reading his post i guess Stannis is truly dead on the show, i thought he was but i was definitely holding out hope, i will cey myself to sleep now 

I'm bummed he spoiled that. Was really hoping the mannis was going to whip some Ramsay ass.

Yes, but he just wrote another chapter the other day. Last we heard from him, Stannis was about to chop his head off.

What I was trying to say was (1) don't post spoilers in the General forum and (2) he could theoretically have been tweaking one of the chapters you've read. (I'm not sure what guarantees there have been about such things not changing, but IIRC one of the ADWD chapters he read prior to release was changed, so that Jon beheaded Janos Slynt rather than having him hanged.

it can not be out before the show, but it sounds like it is quite close. 

Maybe in the second half of the year?

He said it was months away (finishing the books, not the publishing!) and that's if he writes at a good pace. I don't want to be doom and gloom, but it sounds pretty bad, he wouldn't be so upset if things weren't bad.

I feel for GRRM he's under incredible pressure, and its hard to balance a life of fame and writing a great book. Still I can't really shake the feeling that I am starting to get over the series. After enough time you just move on. its inevitable. I really can't sustain excitement for the series if its the same deal with ADOS and the book publishes in mid 2020s.

He said it was months away (finishing the books, not the publishing!) and that's if he writes at a good pace. I don't want to be doom and gloom, but it sounds pretty bad, he wouldn't be so upset if things weren't bad.

I feel for GRRM he's under incredible pressure, and its hard to balance a life of fame and writing a great book. Still I can't really shake the feeling that I starting to get over the series. After enough time you just move on. its inevitable. I really can't sustain excitement for the series if its the same deal with ADOS and the book publishes in mid 2020s.

it takes publishing 3 months to finish production after  the the final manuscript is released. I'm guessing it won't be out until winter ironically.

While he could be writing anything in any order, I would speculate that him having just done a XXXXXXXXX chapter, at this late stage, is rather suggestive.

He said "revising" rather than writing, though... that said, I agree that it's more likely to be a new chapter.

He said he's working on a Theon chapter.

But he's also said that he's finished dozens of chapters.

Could this mean that the Theon chapter he's working on is in the 2nd part of the book? That would imply that Theon is alive! Probably in the iron islands

Archived