TTTNE 461 - A New Year, A New Moot

First of My Name

<snip>

:oWait, your first moot? It feels like you have been here since ... a long time! I cannot belive you have been around for less than a year.

<snip>

Signed,

Buck titles titles

Have fun, dear people.

well when i joined the board in 2012, Fragile Bird told me of TTTNE and i sniffed through from time to time but this last yr...for the most part...i have stuck to games forum and got quite a few laughs from the piles of spam lying around...

so i figured i would see what all the spam was about... and because i was only just getting into the swing last new yr, i missed the Moot and made it only in time for you, beloved Queen, to bestow the greatest title on me, your most humble Chief Lifter of Leg...  :bowdown:

time to change my avi to petition for keeping my title and perhaps gaining others....

Spamperial Maester of Herb  ...Official Vodka Taster for the Spamperial Court...

oh yeah and Captain of the Quidditch team... :commie:

THAT was very interesting. I don't know how to do spoilers on this new Westeros, but let's just say my speculation on the bumping for TWOW thread now looks quite doable.

I won't commit my vote before I see who else is running, but I am very happy to see you & Bear put your names in. You're both very worthy.

Near the end of TTTNE there was some discussion about how I knew a spammer's birthday and I admit that I've put some of your birthdates into my birthday spreadsheet (most are family and non westeros friends). If anyone is uncomfortable with this, let me know via private message and I'll delete the dates and not mention them again. I'm sorry if I've creeped anybody out.

Thank you, HC!

Feel free to add my birthday to your spreadsheet. I have nothing to fear I know. And I like birthday wishes.

Thank you as well, FoMN!

^It doesn't creep me out HC, but I really have a problem with my birthdah so if I get pissy at all the well wishes you know why. Negative associations and all that. I had been hoping to move on from that this year, but life has ways of conspiring against you, and now I just have even more negative associations with my birthday. So in summary, fuck my birthday, it doesn't exist.

Thank you, HC!

Feel free to add my birthday to your spreadsheet. I have nothing to fear I know. And I like birthday wishes.

Thank you as well, FoMN!

Thank you sir! Well, I'll keep you on the list then - I have your birthday as being the same day as Zar's (who I see on facebook form time to time - he looks good & happy)!

Chick you are least creepy dude i know... just thoughtful and considerate...also highly organized....

:smoking:

now to the noms....

will someone make a list ...i am too old to remember from one post to the next....

i nominate Helena as Queen

for this reason if no other...

Thank you Sniffer! For me, you've taken some getting used - kind of like my brother-in-law (who lives in No.Palm Beach and captains yachts for absurdly rich dudes) - very different lives to mine, but very decent men both of you.

And btw, I somehow have missed & do not have your birthday, so if you want I can add you to the spreader.

Concur with & second your nomination of Helena for Queen. I supported & nominated her last year.

^It doesn't creep me out HC, but I really have a problem with my birthdah so if I get pissy at all the well wishes you know why. Negative associations and all that. I had been hoping to move on from that this year, but life has ways of conspiring against you, and now I just have even more negative associations with my birthday. So in summary, fuck my birthday, it doesn't exist.

Sorry to hear that. Will make a note to self.

I wish the best of luck to all participants in the moot. :) If anybody needs advice or wants to get some additional information about ruling, you are welcome to PM me any time. Last year, maid was a lot of help to me and Crannog, and I wish to pass that on to the next generation of spamsperors/spampresses.

My personal opinion is that being a ruler of this wonderful place only happens once to somebody. I think it is a honourable position more than a practical one and I think new generations deserve their opportunities too. That is why I do not think it is right for somebody who has been a ruler already should be chosen again. I know you have been a great king, LT. I would recommend you to reconsider your candidacy and maybe give a chance to some younger spammer. You are a wise man and know the story of Eteocles and Polineikes, right? ;)

Disclaimer: this is just my personal opinion and does not represent the official stance of the Bog&Flower party.

so i figured i would see what all the spam was about... and because i was only just getting into the swing last new yr, i missed the Moot and made it only in time for you, beloved Queen, to bestow the greatest title on me, your most humble Chief Lifter of Leg...  :bowdown:

time to change my avi to petition for keeping my title and perhaps gaining others....

Spamperial Maester of Herb  ...Official Vodka Taster for the Spamperial Court...

oh yeah and Captain of the Quidditch team... :commie:

:blushing::blushing: *curtsey* That is very flattering.

I'm in the same camp, give me a gathering at someone's house over a crowded club any day.

Would that be the level of drunk where conversations are mostly people growling at one another? :P I'm not hungover either, but from the looks of it I had less than you did.

look at that! I can actually quote from the previous thread!!! :commie: 

technically this was a house party but there were around 40-50 people which I thought was too many and kinda killed the house party vibe. The level of drunk when they think conversing happens at one inch distance from each other. I think you must have had less than I did as my friend greeted me today like "hi, it's been ages since I last saw you... SOBER!" :eek: :blush: 

oi, new thread! Congratulations to you guys for finishing up the last one! Congrats to Buck on the win, First on the OP AND Koba on the arrival of KOBABABY. I can't wait to hear some news of her :wub: 

Getting on topic, I'm supporting the nomination of Helena for spam queen. 

Of course I'm open to be bribed with fancy titles. 

technically this was a house party but there were around 40-50 people which I thought was too many and kinda killed the house party vibe. The level of drunk when they think conversing happens at one inch distance from each other. I think you must have had less than I did as my friend greeted me today like "hi, it's been ages since I last saw you... SOBER!" :eek: :blush: 

oi, new thread! Congratulations to you guys for finishing up the last one! Congrats to Buck on the win, First on the OP AND Koba on the arrival of KOBABABY. I can't wait to hear some news of her :wub: 

Modern technology is amazing :o
50 is way too many. For a house party I'd say 20 is the limit.
That might be a sign you had a little too much, yeah :P

I'd support Helena too.
I think I'd like to retain my current title, I still like it.

Awww. Have a hug. <hugs you> :kiss:

I got an X-mas card from my star. :love:

And I'm looking forward to any news from her.

Modern technology is amazing :o
50 is way too many. For a house party I'd say 20 is the limit.
That might be a sign you had a little too much, yeah :P

I'd support Helena too.
I think I'd like to retain my current title, I still like it.

agreed. I'd say 15 is ideal and 20 is the cap. Yeah and the sad thing is that I was so committed to NOT having too much. Then of course midnight came and the plan got blown... :eek: 

Awww. Have a hug. <hugs you> :kiss:

I got an X-mas card from my star. :love:

And I'm looking forward to any news from her.

:grouphug: hugs back at you KTI! Let us know if you hear anything from her :) 

agreed. I'd say 15 is ideal and 20 is the cap. Yeah and the sad thing is that I was so committed to NOT having too much. Then of course midnight came and the plan got blown... :eek: 

I once went to a house party that about 90 people had been invited to. Granted, it was a large house, but I ended up leaving early with some friends to spend the night somewhere quieter.

I'm so bad at sticking to limits that I don't bother setting them. I'm terrible with peer pressure too, so when I drink I often drink more than I should.

:grouphug: hugs back at you KTI! Let us know if you hear anything from her :) 

I might even message her on the phone... :idea:

Archived