TTTNE 461 - A New Year, A New Moot

First of My Name

I once went to a house party that about 90 people had been invited to. Granted, it was a large house, but I ended up leaving early with some friends to spend the night somewhere quieter.

I'm so bad at sticking to limits that I don't bother setting them. I'm terrible with peer pressure too, so when I drink I often drink more than I should.

OMG that's ridiculous. I can understand why you left. It doesn't even feel like a house party with close to 100 people smashing the place. 

I'm usually alright holding my liqour but this party was so flat and uncomfortable in the beginning that something had to be done and I thought it was rude to leave too early and option B was always another drink. Boo :/

I might even message her on the phone... :idea:

News!

I texted Koba this morning.

She says "hi" to all of you with Nera.

News!

yays! That's just great to hear! Hugs and kisses to them! The very best new year to her and her lovely baby, aww! 

So I'm not doing much today. I'm getting some Star Wars soundtracks and doing some tidying and might work on my travel scrap book. I'm reading some too. Love this book, even though I'm constantly distracted by modern technology. Someone should lock my phone up in a vault for a week. 

<snip>

yays! That's just great to hear! Hugs and kisses to them! The very best new year to her and her lovely baby, aww! 

I will hit her up later again and send your wishes to her. I also got her email address.

So I'm not doing much today. I'm getting some Star Wars soundtracks and doing some tidying and might work on my travel scrap book. I'm reading some too. Love this book, even though I'm constantly distracted by modern technology. Someone should lock my phone up in a vault for a week. 

^ I can relate to that. Pod's always busy.

And I want to write a story.

:kiss: Rhaenys. I hope you are fine?

Welcome to the world, Nera! :wub: (I saw the news before on fb, but wanted to wait with this announcement till Koba tells us herself.)

To welcome you to the spamdom, Crannog and I decided to give you an honourary title as the last act of our ruling. Therefore ... all hail

Princess that was Rumored, Promised and Delivered, Little Star of the South and Ultimate Delight of the Spam Court.

May your be as amazing person as your mother. :commie:

I hope you will have an amazing year getting to know your treasure, Koba. Enjoy, lots of hugs and kisses to you both.

Great title Buck :D I hope the next rulers keep it.

News!

News!

That's great! :) Could you give them my best wishes as well?

OMG that's ridiculous. I can understand why you left. It doesn't even feel like a house party with close to 100 people smashing the place. 

I'm usually alright holding my liqour but this party was so flat and uncomfortable in the beginning that something had to be done and I thought it was rude to leave too early and option B was always another drink. Boo :/

It was a double birthday party. I think even a bunch of uninvited people tagged along. Fortunately there was a bunch of farmland next to the house, we spent as much time there as inside. The next house we visited wasn't really a succes either - it's where a friend lives but his dad wasn't too happy to find us sitting in his pavilion (if that's the word) at two in the night, with half of our group stoned out of their minds. We were back on the street five minutes later :P
Yeah, I know the feeling :lol:
Can't go wrong with reading and Star Wars music.

News!

News!

Thanks for the news KT. Makes me very happy to know that - Nera, what a lovely name - I hope Koba will tell us the significance of it at some point! Please pass along lots of hugs from the chicken household to Koba and her little family.

Most of all, I would say to Koba hubby, it's going to be OK. I so well remember when our little chickee came home from the hospital with Mrs. Chicken, and suddenly there's a tiny other life in your house that is totally dependent on you - it can be a terrifying feeling for a first time dad. So :grouphug: to Koba, Kobahubby & Nera.

Welcome to the world, Nera! :wub: (I saw the news before on fb, but wanted to wait with this announcement till Koba tells us herself.)

To welcome you to the spamdom, Crannog and I decided to give you an honourary title as the last act of our ruling. Therefore ... all hail

Princess that was Rumored, Promised and Delivered, Little Star of the South and Ultimate Delight of the Spam Court.

May your be as amazing person as your mother. :commie:

I hope you will have an amazing year getting to know your treasure, Koba. Enjoy, lots of hugs and kisses to you both.

Buck, that's a lovely title, although I'm still embarrassed for reading too much into an innocent sentence that Koba wrote and thereby starting the first Kobababy rumor. I'm glad that the baby is here and I can stop worrying about that. :wub: 

Great title Buck :D I hope the next rulers keep it.

That's great! :) Could you give them my best wishes as well?

It was a double birthday party. I think even a bunch of uninvited people tagged along. Fortunately there was a bunch of farmland next to the house, we spent as much time there as inside. The next house we visited wasn't really a succes either - it's where a friend lives but his dad wasn't too happy to find us sitting in his pavilion (if that's the word) at two in the night, with half of our group stoned out of their minds. We were back on the street five minutes later :P

Patio? How warm was it that you were partying outside on Jan.2? 5-6 celsius?

So it is true about Amsterdam and the pot? :wacko::P

Welcome to the world Baby Nera :wub: Best wishes to Koba too.

Great title Buck :) 

Heh, so the Koba baby rumours started with HC? I missed that, they were an ongoing thug when I arrived and I just hopped aboard. 

Babies :dunno:. The oestrogen is strong with this thread. :lol:

A shiny new phone is demonstrably better than a baby:

Phone: Input time and money and output communications, internet access, entertainment and gaming.

Baby: Input time, money, energy, food and entertainment and output poo and noise. 

I will hit her up later again and send your wishes to her. I also got her email address.

^ I can relate to that. Pod's always busy.

And I want to write a story.

:kiss: Rhaenys. I hope you are fine?

do write a story then, KTI! :lol: :grouphug: 

why do people keep asking me that? sure I haven't had the best weeks, but it's not like I'm such a mess (I reckon). :lol: I'm fine, thanks for asking  :kiss: 

May your be as amazing person as your mother. 

this is lovely! *applause* all hail to the princess that was rumored! 

Great title Buck I hope the next rulers keep it.

That's great! Could you give them my best wishes as well?

I'm not a fan of wandering around town to find a place to spend the evening and as it appears my friends are growing out of it too. We are however still not quite as grownup as to fix a proper place and book a table and not whine about prices... -.- one day, one day, fingers crossed. 

I ended up working on me little scrap book. Finished about a quarter of Europe. Need to have pictures printed for the rest. Had a small but yummy lunch and now I'll continue reading till I get bored than watch return of the Jedi. 

Baby output: joy, smiles, warmth, baby smell, giggles, softness, happiness, life, belonging, love and yes, poo and pee  as it is not robotic. 

Phone outputs: a year of coolness, hazardous waste

just flashing up the other side of the coin. 

Baby output: joy, smiles, warmth, baby smell, giggles, softness, happiness, life, belonging, love and yes, poo and pee  as it is not robotic. 

So what I'm hearing is that the best solution would be to get a robotic baby. Then you get all the positives without the poo and pee. 

Buck, that's a lovely title, although I'm still embarrassed for reading too much into an innocent sentence that Koba wrote and thereby starting the first Kobababy rumor. I'm glad that the baby is here and I can stop worrying about that. :wub: 

Patio? How warm was it that you were partying outside on Jan.2? 5-6 celsius?

So it is true about Amsterdam and the pot? :wacko::P

You spelled KOBABABY wrong.

No, it was inside, and it was months ago. Google tells me pavilion was the wrong word, I don't know the right one. It's like a seperate room in your backyard, bigger than a shed. In any case that party was in the summer.

I've only been to Amsterdam once and I must've been about 10, so I didn't pay a lot of attention to the amount of pot in my vicinity. But it's definitely true that it's popular among the Dutch.

I'm not a fan of wandering around town to find a place to spend the evening and as it appears my friends are growing out of it too. We are however still not quite as grownup as to fix a proper place and book a table and not whine about prices... -.- one day, one day, fingers crossed. 

I ended up working on me little scrap book. Finished about a quarter of Europe. Need to have pictures printed for the rest. Had a small but yummy lunch and now I'll continue reading till I get bored than watch return of the Jedi. 

Phone outputs: a year of coolness, hazardous waste

just flashing up the other side of the coin. 

Me neither, I'd rather have a previously chosen location.

But you can look up videos of babies on your Phone, so it's like the best of both worlds :P

Thanks guys. Crannog and I really coined the title together, he is much better at  making those titles sound important and glorious, I am just better at posting. :D

I cannot remember that it was you either. :lol: KOBABABY rumours just were a thing from some point on, with different people starting them at random times.

Oh abbie. Come on, admit that you squee a little inside too when you hear about a cute little baby. ;)

Oh abbie. Come on, admit that you squee a little inside too when you hear about a cute little baby. ;)

I squee for many things. I squee for Disney movies, and many types of animation, I squee for cute and romantic stuff, for happy endings and badass fantasy and sci-fi stuff, I even squee for ducklings. But not babies. Babies are pretty ugly and the opposite of badass or romantic. :P

Thanks guys. Crannog and I really coined the title together, he is much better at  making those titles sound important and glorious, I am just better at posting. :D

Yes, I'm good at pomp. :D

I'm not completely sure, but I think it's fairly possible that the last time Ab squeed when seeing a baby was when he saw Leya and Luke be born in Episode III - and it might not have been entirely out of delight.

I squee for many things. I squee for Disney movies, and many types of animation, I squee for cute and romantic stuff, for happy endings and badass fantasy and sci-fi stuff, I even squee for ducklings. But not babies. Babies are pretty ugly and the opposite of badass or romantic. :P

What kind of babies have you been looking at, freshly hatched alligators? Of course they're cute. They're not badass or romantic but most are far from ugly.

Happy New year and new thread!

Congratulations to Kobafamily! You chose a lovely name. 

I am on Team Babies Are Cool :commie: :D

My niece is hilarious, and there's nothing better than to just hold her or help her walk or see her attempts at learning things. She's so clever.

A shiny new phone is demonstrably better than a baby:

Phone: Input time and money and output communications, internet access, entertainment and gaming.

Baby: Input time, money, energy, food and entertainment and output poo and noise. 

You're leaving out the part where you were one of the latter category at some point (as were we all). This strikes me as an unfortunate form of self loathing. ;)

What kind of babies have you been looking at, freshly hatched alligators? Of course they're cute. They're not badass or romantic but most are far from ugly.

They're basically Gollums with warmer skin.

You're leaving out the part where you were one of the latter category at some point (as were we all). This strikes me as an unfortunate form of self loathing. ;)

Nah, I'm just under no illusions that I started out gross and awful. Baby is the absolute worst state in the life cycle, other than senility when the very old develop the same problems as babies.

Yes, I'm good at pomp. :D

I'm not completely sure, but I think it's fairly possible that the last time Ab squeed when seeing a baby was when he saw Leya and Luke be born in Episode III - and it might not have been entirely out of delight.

They were ugly babies, too. The last baby I squeed for was probably Ultron.

Archived