TTTNE 461 - A New Year, A New Moot

First of My Name

9 minutes ago, Lady Olenna said:

Lany, if I were there I would volunteer for snow shoveling duty! 

What do you guys do when there is so much snow? Lots of reading and crafts? I would imagine driving is off limits? 

Reading, movies, family games.  It is an especially trying time as Alex is being punished with no computer or video games (got a bad grad due to missing work, so he is doing it, but in 45 minutes sessions....it is too trying to make him do more than that at one time)

2 minutes ago, Pebbles said:

Lany,  Stay safe and warm.

I almost took pictures of the snow we had last weekend to show you our white stuff.   only it had melted between the time of opening the curtains upstairs,   going downstairs having breakfast and grabbing the camera.    (and no that didn't take long, about 10-15 mins)    But it was the our first snow this year,   although I guess you would probably say it was more a frost than snow.

I can't really imagine what its like to have more than 2 inches of snow more than twice a year.

Thanks.  We've had the little bits a couple of times, and that is how I like it :P

Will have to get cold for a wee bit, but I have a knight's helm to wear to keep my head and face warm :D 

1 hour ago, rocksniffer said:

next time it comes up i shall volunteer to host a completely NSFW edition of pictionary

...long live the rebellion :commie:

Long live the Rebellion!

45 minutes ago, Lany Freelove Strangeways said:

Greetings from the middle of a blizzard. :kiss: 

It is truly amazing to be able to post in such situations.

Winds were so bad last night we couldn't even use our fireplace, as the smoke was blown back down the chimney.

http://imgur.com/a/SZPW9 a few pics from the mid point.  notice how the sidewalk is clear but the snow is up on the porch and against the door, and how there is just one pile on the deck and the rest is clear.

the seat on the bench is 18" (almost .5m)

Maybe I can show you the blowing snow

Just about time to make an effort of clearing the driveway (because .5m twice is not as hard a 1m once)

42 minutes ago, Lady Olenna said:

Lany, if I were there I would volunteer for snow shoveling duty! 

What do you guys do when there is so much snow? Lots of reading and crafts? I would imagine driving is off limits? 

36 minutes ago, Pebbles said:

Lany,  Stay safe and warm.

I almost took pictures of the snow we had last weekend to show you our white stuff.   only it had melted between the time of opening the curtains upstairs,   going downstairs having breakfast and grabbing the camera.    (and no that didn't take long, about 10-15 mins)    But it was the our first snow this year,   although I guess you would probably say it was more a frost than snow.

I can't really imagine what its like to have more than 2 inches of snow more than twice a year.

If I never see snow again it will be too soon. I'm rebelling against that too.

Greetings.

Saw Maureen (our mouse) last night again. Guess because it was quiet - I was sat alone in the kitchen doing uni work and it was 02:00 so everyone else was asleep. Apparently she doesn't care about the pest control's pellet things or whatever it was he put down. Wonderful.

And her hides hole is right beside our sink, so I have an awful fear that she'll drop out onto my foot one day while I'm washing up :rolleyes: 

Lany, that's an awfully of snow. We still haven't had any though it's been a bit cold lately. 

Pebs, hope you have a great night.

5 hours ago, First of My Name said:

The tv kind or the boring kind?

Is there even a need to ask :lol: 

THE HILLS ARE ALIVE... (taken out of context it sounds like it belongs in a horror story)

5 hours ago, Pebbles said:

Yes,    Ttiancat, Williamj, Jo, and Targh   proabbbly some more aswell

Which reminds me folks   PebbleCon is on Sat Nov 25 2017    Probably in Southend.   Your all invited if you can get over here.

Ah, say hi to them!

4 hours ago, Lady Olenna said:

Shovel.

1 hour ago, Eyron said:

THE HILLS ARE ALIVE... (taken out of context it sounds like it belongs in a horror story)

WITH THE SOUND OF MUUUUSIC

I just had a pancake with lots of filling. It was good, but I am very full. I was kind of celebrating the MA defense with three friends. It was relaxing.

Now on to the other MA writing, I guess. :idea:

3 hours ago, Eyron said:

I suppose not :P 

I've never actually seen The Sound of Music, so to me it really does sound like a quote from a horror movie.

7 hours ago, ab aeterno said:

Long live the Rebellion!

If I never see snow again it will be too soon. I'm rebelling against that too.

7 hours ago, Lady Olenna said:

Doesn't this mean you want to see snow again? :idea: 

7 hours ago, ab aeterno said:

I'm also rebelling against semantics! :P:lol:

But seriously, death to snow!

i too rebel against the grammar gestapo...especially in punctuation application...

7 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Greetings.

Saw Maureen (our mouse) last night again. Guess because it was quiet - I was sat alone in the kitchen doing uni work and it was 02:00 so everyone else was asleep. Apparently she doesn't care about the pest control's pellet things or whatever it was he put down. Wonderful.

And her hides hole is right beside our sink, so I have an awful fear that she'll drop out onto my foot one day while I'm washing up :rolleyes: 

Lany, that's an awfully of snow. We still haven't had any though it's been a bit cold lately. 

Pebs, hope you have a great night.

if you have found her hole put a piece of metal screen over it and it should force her to find another avenue of entry...also poison does sometimes take days to work....

59 minutes ago, First of My Name said:

I've never actually seen The Sound of Music, so to me it really does sound like a quote from a horror movie.

even though i have been forced to watch it enough to know parts by heart...i can testify it is a horror movie.....a man with that many kids in the middle of a war having to hike across the alps...yeah horror all day long....

not to mention the song ... sixteen going on seventeen.... :stillsick:

ok did a little research and discovered KT hasn't posted since january 3rd...

even though i consider him a spam brother and friend in general i have no way to reach out...but i know some of you do, so give it up whats going on with our resident welcomer and King Emeritus...

i am concerned :mellow:

30 minutes ago, rocksniffer said:

ok did a little research and discovered KT hasn't posted since january 3rd...

even though i consider him a spam brother and friend in general i have no way to reach out...but i know some of you do, so give it up whats going on with our resident welcomer and King Emeritus...

i am concerned :mellow:

I've been asking about him for a couple weeks now, but I didn't get an answer from anyone here. 

The last I heard from him was after I thanked him for a Christmas card he sent. I skyped him a few days ago and have heard nothing back :(

He's been gone for three weeks then. Hope he's alright.

1 hour ago, rocksniffer said:

even though i have been forced to watch it enough to know parts by heart...i can testify it is a horror movie.....a man with that many kids in the middle of a war having to hike across the alps...yeah horror all day long....

I'll stay far away from it then.

Also I doubt we'll have a race tonight. Which is good because I wouldn't be able to win it.

I am sure he is just busy ... :worried:

10 hours ago, First of My Name said:

You need to remedy this as soon as possible! It is a lovely movie!

Well, they do not sing quite as much as in Les Miserables ... but at least there is no walking through the sewers either. :ack:

9 hours ago, rocksniffer said:

Stop bashing on one of my favourite movies! :D

Okay yeah, sixteen going on seventeen can be seen as problematic from female emancipation angle and all ... but that did not really bother me when I was little!

7 hours ago, felice said:

That was indeed scary. :D

EDITED for King Bamm Bamm and Queen Pebble ... does the list of titles you posted previously count as official now, or is there going to be one final edited list, which is going to sound very official and serious?

Archived