On the subject of Aegon IV's mistresses

One thing I just caught on my second read of the book that I didnt catch the first time (and it made me laugh and cringe at the same time). Aegon IV's first mistress was Falena Stokeworth. Later in life, he bedded her daughter Jeyne Lothston, and it was rumored he was with them in bed at the same time on occasion.  

What I missed the first time I read was that it was also rumored that he could have possibly been Jeyne's father.  Which, of course, if true means that he was potentially having a threeway with his own daughter and her mom.  Meaning Jeyne was having a threeway with HER OWN PARENTS.  That is some hilariously heavy-duty criiiiiiiiiinge!!!

Yeah this was something a few people noticed reading the Workd Book. I think someone (probably Rhaenys_Targaryen) did the math and worked out that she couldn't be his daughter due to timelines, but I'm not certain on that

Yeah this was something a few people noticed reading the Workd Book. I think someone (probably Rhaenys_Targaryen) did the math and worked out that she couldn't be his daughter due to timelines, but I'm not certain on that

Jeyne only be Aegon's daughter if Aegon continued to sleep with Falena long years after her marriage to Lucas Lothston. But we already know that Aegon continued his affair with Falena for a few years after the marriage, so this is entirely possible.

I think we can consider it a given that the main branch of House Lothston was fathered by Aegon the Unworthy. Presumably Lucas' heir Manfryd was born before his daughter Jeyne. It seems that Falena's husband Lord Lucas was also the Lucas Lothston who is known as the Pander, very much suggesting that his wife and daughter effectively pleasured Aegon IV as prostitutes with his permission/under his direction.

What I missed the first time I read was that it was also rumored that he could have possibly been Jeyne's father.  Which, of course, if true means that he was potentially having a threeway with his own daughter and her mom.  Meaning Jeyne was having a threeway with HER OWN PARENTS.  That is some hilariously heavy-duty criiiiiiiiiinge!!!

Well, she certainly wasn´t raised by Aegon. That may dilute the cringe of the threesome with mother and daughter...

but consider the swinery of giving a pox to your own daughter - and then banishing her and her whole family for the pox you yourself gave her!

Jeyne Lothston was born in 164 AC. Falena was married to Lord Lucas in 151 AC, and Aegon is said to have paid frequent visits to Harrenhal over the two years that followed (152 and 153 AC). After that, we get nothing. So purely following the info that we have, there was no affair around 163 AC which could lead to Jeyne's birth in 164 AC. If GRRM were to say later on that Aegon would keep visiting Harrenhal on occasion, than of course, the possibility would be there. But atm, with the information we have been given, I don't think it very likely to be true.

• 1 month later...

Let's all hope that Aegon isn't Jeyne's father. The possibility of Aegon being her father is rather slim given the fact that Aegon boasted often easily about his conquest which could have been a lie, instantly he claimed that he bedded 900 women. And i doubt he had a threesome with the mother and daughter, like dafuq. This is something i expect from a hentai, except 10 times mess up.

One thing I just caught on my second read of the book that I didnt catch the first time (and it made me laugh and cringe at the same time). Aegon IV's first mistress was Falena Stokeworth. Later in life, he bedded her daughter Jeyne Lothston, and it was rumored he was with them in bed at the same time on occasion.

What I missed the first time I read was that it was also rumored that he could have possibly been Jeyne's father. Which, of course, if true means that he was potentially having a threeway with his own daughter and her mom. Meaning Jeyne was having a threeway with HER OWN PARENTS. That is some hilariously heavy-duty criiiiiiiiiinge!!!

To us. To Aegon it no doubt added spice to the whole thing.

On January 2, 2016 at 3:42 PM, Weirwood Schmeirwood said:

One thing I just caught on my second read of the book that I didnt catch the first time (and it made me laugh and cringe at the same time). Aegon IV's first mistress was Falena Stokeworth. Later in life, he bedded her daughter Jeyne Lothston, and it was rumored he was with them in bed at the same time on occasion.  

One thing I noticed is that Viserys Plumm, Brown Ben Plumm's forefather, was most likely a bastard of Aegon IV with    Elaena Targaryen.

Aegon IV legitimized all his bastards which means Brown Ben Plumm is really Brown Ben Targaryen. 

No wonder the dragons like him.

On ‎1‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 6:42 PM, Weirwood Schmeirwood said:

And a few generations later, House Stokeworth is blessed with lackwit Lollys.

On 2016. 02. 26. at 10:29 PM, John Suburbs said:

And a few generations later, House Stokeworth is blessed with lackwit Lollys.

But Lollys must be a descendant of the male Stokeworth line. So Falena or Jeyne were not her ancestors (only if later a female descendant of Jeyne married a Stokeworth man, which is not impossible, but we cannot know for sure).

One thing I just caught on my second read of the book that I didnt catch the first time (and it made me laugh and cringe at the same time). Aegon IV's first mistress was Falena Stokeworth. Later in life, he bedded her daughter Jeyne Lothston, and it was rumored he was with them in bed at the same time on occasion.

What I missed the first time I read was that it was also rumored that he could have possibly been Jeyne's father. Which, of course, if true means that he was potentially having a threeway with his own daughter and her mom. Meaning Jeyne was having a threeway with HER OWN PARENTS. That is some hilariously heavy-duty criiiiiiiiiinge!!!

One thing I noticed is that Viserys Plumm, Brown Ben Plumm's forefather, was most likely a bastard of Aegon IV with Elaena Targaryen.

Aegon IV legitimized all his bastards which means Brown Ben Plumm is really Brown Ben Targaryen.

No wonder the dragons like him.

If he's a descendant of Aegon IV, he'd be Dany's Fifth cousin. Officially, he's a 7th cousin (their common ancestor being Rhaenyra). Of course, there are probably hundreds of people who are similarly related to Dany, but one can see why she was so hurt by his defection, given she thinks she's alone in the world.

Viserys Plumm never was recognized as Aegon's bastard and Elaena clearly did not reveal publicly that he wasn't Ossifer's son after Aegon's death. If she did that, Lord Viserys would have lost his claim to the Plumm lands and titles, and that clearly didn't happen.

On ‎2‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 3:35 AM, Biter the Gallant said:

But Lollys must be a descendant of the male Stokeworth line. So Falena or Jeyne were not her ancestors (only if later a female descendant of Jeyne married a Stokeworth man, which is not impossible, but we cannot know for sure).

Or the male line ended and the claim went a sister.

20 hours ago, Beorn Snow said:

Are the Whents descended from the Lothstons? (Using the bat sigil and all).

Then there is a drop of Targaryen blood after all in the Stark family line. A drop.

TWoIaF states that the Whents were bannermen of the Lothstons who helped bring them down. We don't know if there is a blood connection but it is not unlikely - especially since both them used bats on the sigils.

However, considering the general prominence of the Lords of Harrenhal in the Riverlands and the Realm at large it wouldn't be surprising at all if Catelyn's grandmother or great-grandmother had been a Lothston, giving both the Starks and the Tullys a drop of (unacknowledged) Targaryen blood that way.

While the paternity of Jeyne Lothston may be in doubt Falena Stokeworth Lothston's elder children - including Lord Lucas' heir - most likely were fathered by Aegon the Unworthy.

In fact, one assumes that the Tullys had marriage ties to all the Lords of Harrenhal save, perhaps, the Towers (their line died out without a clear heir and since Maegor didn't give them the all the Harrenhal lands they may have been less powerful than the other Lords of Harrenhal). Such a connection is confirmed for House Qoherys (Lord Quenton Qoherys married one of the daughters of Edmyn Tully) and the Harroways and Strongs were both ancient Riverlord houses, making it very likely that they had intermarried at one point in the past. For the Whents such a union is confirmed, too, so it is not far-fetched to assume that a Lothston may have married into the Tully family (or vice versa).

Daenelle Lothston is already Lady of Harrenhal in 211 AC, suggesting that she didn't have any surviving brothers by the time of her father's death, but she certainly could have had younger sisters (or paternal aunts) one of which actually could have been the mother of the young Lord Tully that was mentioned in TSS.

Archived