Who will survive?

Sjur

I'm almost certain no more Stark children will die, particularly not Sansa or Bran.  I also think that the younger, more progressive generation will inherit the various factions of Westeros - Sansa in the North, Sam at the Wall, Asha in the Iron Islands, Willas in the Reach, and probably Edric in the Stormlands - and will survive the series.  I also think Edmure will be Lord of Riverrun by the end, but I don't know if he'll rule the Riverlands.

Aside from those, I think Brienne will probably survive the series if she makes it away from Lady Stoneheart (I personally think she will, but the chance is there).  Oh, and I think there's a fairly strong chance that Sandor will survive it all and be Sansa's bodyguard in the end or something.

I'm almost certain no more Stark children will die, particularly not Sansa or Bran.  I also think that the younger, more progressive generation will inherit the various factions of Westeros - Sansa in the North, Sam at the Wall, Asha in the Iron Islands, Willas in the Reach, and probably Edric in the Stormlands - and will survive the series.  I also think Edmure will be Lord of Riverrun by the end, but I don't know if he'll rule the Riverlands.

Aside from those, I think Brienne will probably survive the series if she makes it away from Lady Stoneheart (I personally think she will, but the chance is there).  Oh, and I think there's a fairly strong chance that Sandor will survive it all and be Sansa's bodyguard in the end or something.

Do you see Jaime die for Brienne to be able to get away from Lady Stoneheart?

Dany and Jon are conspicuously missing from the survivor list.   I'm not on either team, but I do think the Targaryan bloodline should continue.--for balance you know?   I'll be interested to see what happens with all the religions, the Faith Militant, the BWB and the NW.   I"m not sure sure Bran will make it to the end of the story.     

Why would Sansa inherit the north if Rickon and Bran are still alive?

Why would Sansa inherit the north if Rickon and Bran are still alive?

Short answer, because Bran's too busy being god like beneath the heart tree and Rickon's too busy being a five year old raised by wildlings.  I don't think either of them are being built up to be eventual rulers of Winterfell.

Short answer, because Bran's too busy being god like beneath the heart tree and Rickon's too busy being a five year old raised by wildlings.  I don't think either of them are being built up to be eventual rulers of Winterfell.

Bran actually was the lord of Winterfell for a time and there is convenient heart tree near Winterfell that he can use. Rickon is five but he is also before Sansa in the line of succession. If Bran is not available, then Rickon would be the lord of Winterfell. A northern lord can rule as regent until he comes of age. That's probably what most of the Northern lords would prefer rather Sansa who's been married to a Lannister and to an Arryn.

Hodor, of course. :rofl:

I kid, of course. Honestly, Tyrions received so much plot armour at this stage that he'll likely survive it all. If he doesn't, he'll live until the very end and no doubt die a valiant death. He is GRRM's interpretation of himself, after all. :P

Bran actually was the lord of Winterfell for a time and there is convenient heart tree near Winterfell that he can use. Rickon is five but he is also before Sansa in the line of succession. If Bran is not available, then Rickon would be the lord of Winterfell. A northern lord can rule as regent until he comes of age. That's probably what most of the Northern lords would prefer rather Sansa who's been married to a Lannister and to an Arryn.

The war against the Others will totally devastate the North, and the northerners will likely want a competent, empathetic ruler once it's over.  I'm not sure how much lines of succession will really matter in this situation, since Sansa is next in line after her untamed younger brother and is still a Stark (I doubt anyone will care about the two forced marriages, especially since both of her husbands will probably be dead).   If Rickon does end up as King/Lord, I think his regent will be Sansa.  

Nothing about Bran's tenure as Lord really leads me to believe that he's supposed to return to ruling.  It's possible, I suppose, but I always got the impression that his home would be the main thing he'd sacrifice to allow himself to become the next Bloodraven.  Setting himself up at Winterfell's heart tree is a cool idea actually, but I still lean towards him staying in the cave.

I just think mainly that Sansa has a lot more foreshadowing and development that points towards her ruling than Bran or Rickon have, regardless of the line of succession.

Sam , Sansa , Rickon , Tyrion , Asha , Trystane Martell , Edric Baratheon ( i think he will be legitimized ) , Brienne , Edmure and Robert Arryn. Maybe Bran and Jon. I think Bran will be the new Bloodraven  and Jon i picture as a Coldhands type , like a eternal wacthman. Maybe   Just maybe Aegon. 

I'm going out on a radical limb and I'm saying everyone will survive. Including Will from the first chapter. Bran will become so powerful that he can influence the past and will go back into his body right before Ned executes Will and prevent his death and the realm will unite.

Is that too much of a Bobby Ewing theory?

I'll get my coat.

Archived