What DON'T you want to find out from the show?

OK, the show is ahead of the books - it is what it is.

What are the things you want to find out from the books and not from the show and why?

-I personally will be very unhappy to find out how and when Daenrys crosses the sea (if she does) and whether she brings a khalasar with her.  I have spent so many hours reading her chapters and waiting for this that it will suck if she just pops over in the show in twenty minutes of screen time.

-Tyrion and greyscale. If Tyrion gets greyscale (I bet he does) I want the slow first person perspective of GRRM instead of the "oh my, you have greyscale", lets move to a sex scene with boobs (D&D style).

-Tyrion and greyscale. If Tyrion gets greyscale (I bet he does) I want the slow first person perspective of GRRM instead of the "oh my, you have greyscale", lets move to a sex scene with boobs (D&D style).

I think you/we'll be out of luck here, if the "OMG people will be so pissed about Jaime and Tyrion's season 6 end fates" from some insiders wasn't just bullshit.

I think this most likely means Jaime hangs from a noose (or does he? *dundundun*) and Tyrion notices that he isn't just hallucinating about where dead whores go but also has greyscale in episode 10 or so.

Dany won't just hop over to Westeros in season 6 I think, they'll have to stall that for a little bit longer.

Well, greyscale may not be a short term end fate, it seems some people can live a long time with it. If Tyrion does get greyscale, it means to me he will be important in the end.  In a GRRM world doesn't the most disfigured ugly character win?

The worst possible spoilers would be the prophecies of

Mirri Maz Duur and Maggy the frog.

As for Tyrion, I don't think he's going to have greyscale, as Moqorro's prophecy

about him snarling amidst the dragons is going to become relevant only back in Westeros.

As for pointless sex and boobs, they are not going away, so...

I'm not too concerned about the spoilers from the show because it seems like the two deviate enough on the details that even if we find out what is happening it might not be exactly how it is in the books.  But then I also just read through the books after season five, so for me this will be nothing new. 

I wouldn't be too surprised if the deviations between the two start to lead to dramatic divergences anyway.

-

I personally will be very unhappy to find out how and when Daenrys crosses the sea (if she does) and whether she brings a khalasar with her.  I have spent so many hours reading her chapters and waiting for this that it will suck if she just pops over in the show in twenty minutes of screen time.  

You shouldn't really worry about this. The show has merged Aegon and Dany so anything that tvDany does could be Aegon's story rather than bookDany's.

I think it's possible that in the books Aegon sits the Iron Throne (I know I'm in the minority here) and that in the show Dany sits the Iron Throne at the end.

So if I see Dany on the IT at the end of the show I won't be convinces that she will in the books until I've read the last page.

The thing I don't really want to find out from the show is who Arya kills when she goes rogue FM.

The show has diverged so much from the book & left so many characters out that it can't spoil the whole book. But it can spoil 2 big storylines which haven't diverged from the book and that's Dany & Jon. These two storylines can be completely spoiled & that's why I won't be watching season 6.

On another note. I don't think Tyrion has greyscale in the book or show. From my understanding of greyscale if you're going to get it it's going to show up somewhere on your body quickly. I think it's been months since Tyrion was exposed to it, so I think it's safe to say he's fine. Plus the fact that JonCon (book) & Jorah (show) got it insulate Tyrion for me. I can't see two important characters catching it from the same circumstances.

Sansa's fate, and its possibly only because her story arc has taken a parallel turn in the show that I don't want to continue following it. Idk, I'm just not a fan of what they're doing with her character in the show. :P She had so much more depth and, indeed, a better story arc in the books.

The show spoiling things for the readers is inevitable, at this stage. I'd rather be reading the books, but in the years we will be waiting for them to be finished, we need something to keep us going.

I'm hopeful that nothing too unexpected happens in S6. If Dany invades, maybe a Dance of the Dragons, maybe the Others attack, I can deal with that. If Stoneheart is introduced, they could really cover ground from the books, same with if they cover Vic and Euron. R+L is a possibility, but again, expected. 

I'm praying there's no major twist that could be easily captioned in a meme to float about the Internet.

The show has diverged so much from the book & left so many characters out that it can't spoil the whole book. But it can spoil 2 big storylines which haven't diverged from the book and that's Dany & Jon. These two storylines can be completely spoiled & that's why I won't be watching season 6.

On another note. I don't think Tyrion has greyscale in the book or show. From my understanding of greyscale if you're going to get it it's going to show up somewhere on your body quickly. I think it's been months since Tyrion was exposed to it, so I think it's safe to say he's fine. Plus the fact that JonCon (book) & Jorah (show) got it insulate Tyrion for me. I can't see two important characters catching it from the same circumstances.

From the Wiki, which I happen to agree with based on my reading:

Death had lost its terror for Tyrion Lannister, but greyscale was another matter.

He had heard it said that there were three good cures for greyscale: axe and sword and cleaver. Hacking off afflicted parts did sometimes stop the spread of the disease, Tyrion knew, but not always. Many a man had sacrificed one arm or foot, only to find the other going grey. Once that happened, hope was gone. Blindness was common when the stone reached the face. In the final stages the curse turned inward, to muscles, bones, and inner organs.

“The maesters may believe what they wish. Ask a woods witch if you would know the truth. The grey death sleeps , only to wake again. The child is not clean!”

You shouldn't really worry about this. The show has merged Aegon and Dany so anything that tvDany does could be Aegon's story rather than bookDany's.

I think it's possible that in the books Aegon sits the Iron Throne (I know I'm in the minority here) and that in the show Dany sits the Iron Throne at the end.

So if I see Dany on the IT at the end of the show I won't be convinces that she will in the books until I've read the last page.

The thing I don't really want to find out from the show is who Arya kills when she goes rogue FM.

Great points.

The Arya point is also so true, I would hate to learn that even if it differs in the books. Arya's story and Bran's story are so important to the Stark story that I really would hate to have any clue what happens, particularly if they do survive and end in power. I honestly still believe this entire story in the Stark story in the end.

The show is obviously not going to spoil the storylines for the characters it left out--lsh, Aegon, Arianne. Since I never cared about these, I really don't care one way or another.

The show will almost certainly spoil the stories for Jon, Tyrion, Dany, Sansa, Bran, Arya, Cersei, Jaime, and I'm fine with that.

lol so my answer would be, there's no storyline that I don't mind getting spoiled by the show. At this point, I just want to know how this all works out before I'm rotting away in a coffin.

I don't want them to spoil the prince that was promised and Azor Ahai but it seems to me that the show doesn't care about these prophecies anyway so...

Even if Jon died in the books, he will be 100% alive in the show so...

Most of the stories are changed so much (for example Sansa) that I can't even consider it a spoiler..

The only things I'd prefer to see first in the book is Cersei's and Margaery's trials and that Brienne and Jaime cliffhanger.

:lmao:It's sad how much accurate this is.

I agree with most of you. There are some plots that i would have preferred to reed before it is relieved and some that I'm irritated that I'm not going to see at all.

The Dornish masterplan, Jons parentage, The pink letter, lady Stonehart (though she might be merged with Arya or Sansa), to name a few.

I'd be lying if I didn't say any and everything. I want to read these things and then see them. Not the other way around. I can't imagine how a long term fan must feel knowing they might discover R+L=J from a tv show and not the books they've been reading for decades.

The wosrt part is: it's not just enough to not watch the show. You'd have to pretty much avoid the internet which is impossible. 

Whether Han shot first...

Seriously though, I don't mind about spoilers any more. The show isn't the devil that people make it out to be. It isn't as good as the books, but it is certainly very entertaining and does as good a job as it can. So yeah, I'm happy to find out the ending from the show, despite it being my second favourite of the two mediums.

From the Wiki, which I happen to agree with based on my reading:

Death had lost its terror for Tyrion Lannister, but greyscale was another matter.

He had heard it said that there were three good cures for greyscale: axe and sword and cleaver. Hacking off afflicted parts did sometimes stop the spread of the disease, Tyrion knew, but not always. Many a man had sacrificed one arm or foot, only to find the other going grey. Once that happened, hope was gone. Blindness was common when the stone reached the face. In the final stages the curse turned inward, to muscles, bones, and inner organs.

“The maesters may believe what they wish. Ask a woods witch if you would know the truth. The grey death sleeps , only to wake again. The child is not clean!”

All this stuff is true but irrelevant to the point I was my making. At the end of Dance or season 5 Tyrion still doesn't have a spot of greyscale on him and he's constantly checking. While for JonCon & Jorah it seemed to present itself fairly quickly after after exposure. I believe the half-maester tells Tyrion once enough time passes & he doesn't have any symptoms he should be in the clear. I'm more concerned about Tyrion catching the bloody flux than greyscale at this point.

Archived