Who will Brienne kill in s6 finale?

dariopatke

Her sacrificing herself for Jamie is possible, but I think she makes it to the end and sacrifices herself then probably for Jon or Dany.

Why would she do that? They are nothing to her, it makes more sense to sacrifice for Sansa, Arya, Jaime, Pod respectivly.

According to Stannis he was doing his duty as well, Little brother was a usurper and instead of sending a headsman he sent a shadow, not that it is ok but according to Stannis it was still the right thing to do.

Same logic goes for burning Shireen, again not according to me but according to Stannis.

Stannis' rationalizations are meaningless. Kinslaying was never his duty. He simply fooled himself into believing otherwise. Furthermore, he clearly recognized the error of his ways by the time he accepted the punishment he had so deservedly earned. 

So executing a wounded, surrendered man isn't noble either
Ned Stark executed a terrified man with his hands chained behind his back at the onset of this story. Yet Ned Stark acted out of both honor and duty.  

Brienne did as well. She got a confession. She allowed Stannis last words. She heard Stannis urge her to carry out her duty. She gave him far more dignity than he had granted to either Renly or Shireen.  

Herself, hopefully. She failed Renly, she failed Catelyn, she failed Sansa -- maybe it will be a self-imposed reckoning.

Yeah. Brienne "failed" Renly because she couldn't kill a shadow. And she "failed" Catelyn because Catelyn had sent her on a mission far away and she wasn't there when Catelyn was killed. That was all clearly Brienne's fault and she should pay for it.

Yeah. Brienne "failed" Renly because she couldn't kill a shadow. And she "failed" Catelyn because Catelyn had sent her on a mission far away and she wasn't there when Catelyn was killed. That was all clearly Brienne's fault and she should pay for it.

Ok, but she failed Arya when drowing a sword at Hound and failed Sansa when she went searching for Stannis with very small chances to find him alive and unprotected while itis obvious that Sansa will use chaos to try to escape...

She didnt directly fail Renly and Cat like Marge didnt kill Renly and Joff but people see them as bad luck.

Ok, but she failed Arya when drowing a sword at Hound 

Oh please. Brienne had good reason to view the Hound as a major threat. From her POV coming across the Hound and Arya would be no different than coming across the Mountain and Arya. So when the Hound started menacing her, she had just cause to accept his challenge. It’s not her fault he refused to deescalate the situation once she had defeated him.

BTW, you could just as easily claim that the Hound failed Arya by being a prideful idiot. 

and failed Sansa when she went searching for Stannis with very small chances to find him alive and unprotected 

Sure. But Brienne had offered her protection to Sansa previously and had been refused. Following that she spent weeks out in the frozen cold waiting for a sign that Sansa might need her. She had received none.

Moreover, before swearing her oath to Catelyn, Brienne had stipulated that when the time came nothing could stand in her way of avenging Renly. Catelyn had agreed.

while itis obvious that Sansa will use chaos to try to escape...

It wasn't obvious at all. Upon hearing of Stannis’ approach. Brienne looks to the broken tower. Not seeing a candle she clearly decides that Sansa is never going to seek her help and thus abandons her post.

She didnt directly fail Renly and Cat like Marge didnt kill Renly and Joff but people see them as bad luck.

The fact that you went after Brienne for having "failed" Renly and Catelyn first reveals your agenda. You're removing the context in which any of these events took place in a cheap attempt to slander the character. 

Yes, but there shouldnt be a fight, she could not show Arya her intentions with words so she had to use a sword.

From Brienne’s POV the Hound was a belligerent menace who had made it clear that she could leave or she could fight. She had every reason to stand her ground. It would have been irresponsible to leave Arya alone in the care of a nefarious and violent killer.

If she watched carefuly she could notice that Arya is not a prisoner of Hound at that point, not in classic meaning at least.

Literally thousands of children have died because they didn’t seem like “classical prisoners” and thus were left alone with their kidnapper to be murdered later on. I don’t believe Brienne should have given the benefit of the doubt to a man with a known inclination towards sickening brutality.

Brienne should offer Oathkeeper to Arya, after all it is her fathers sword and pleage fielty to her, it would work,

Yes. In the face of danger Brienne should have offered her best (and only weapon) to a child. Great plan.

if not that, she should give her direwolf from Hot Pie,

Bread made without preservatives molds over in 2-3 days. In all likelihood she threw it out. Brienne has never watched even a single episode of Game of Thrones. She wouldn’t know what significance the wolf bread had to Arya.

if not that, sje should ask them to sit for a couple of hours and explain them her entire life story. It was very much possible that she become convinced that Brienne can help her and join their little company

The Hound was disinclined to allow such an audience. He clearly wanted Brienne to leave and was not above menacing her.

This “there shouldnt be a fight” argument is nothing more than an attempt by Hound fans to pin the blame solely on Brienne. It ignores her POV. It ignores the logical reaction she would have to a wanted criminal with a monstrous reputation. It ignores the fact that Brienne had the decency to attempt to stop the fight, while the Hound lacked such wisdom and restraint.

And about Mannis, the worst thing is killing unarmed men, very bad thing is calling Renly righful King, what is his right?? Of Stannis asked for mercy I wouldnt mind, sadly he is a goner now even if he lived, alone in winter surrounded by thousands of enemies with no heir and no chance to do anything other than die slow and painful death, if Davos finds out about Shireen even he wont feel sorry for Stannis and he is the only living man that cares about one true King.

What a funny word salad.

(1) The Mannis killed unarmed men all the time. He assassinated his foes with blood magic, an underhanded and disreputable practice. Or he had them burned to death, his men binding each victim to the pyre and setting them ablaze (where they would roast in agony for hours before succumbing).

In contrast, Brienne faced Stannis head on. She heard his admittance of guilt come from his very own lips. She gave him the opportunity to speak his peace. She heard him urge her to “do her duty”. She gave him a swift end. She treated him more humanely and more honorably than Stannis had treated even his own child.

(2) Renly had a great army that would have overthrown the Lannisters. He had forged wildly advantageous alliances that could have benefitted the realm. He had great popular support and was beloved by lords and small folk alike. He would have been a benevolent ruler. Or so Brienne believed. In her mind he was the right king therefore he was the rightful king. She valued merit and might over birthright. That was her personal opinion. You do not have to agree.

Why would she do that? They are nothing to her, it makes more sense to sacrifice for Sansa, Arya, Jaime, Pod respectivly.

They will be come the end game. Or it could still be for Jamie if their story develops or she may even have to kill Jamie, whom she loves, for the greater good in a more pathos-laden and complex plot.

Contrary to many opinions here, she is viewed as one of the better, more honourable characters on the show with viewers and by DD too, so her final sacrifice will be big and not just for Sansa or Arya I believe, but to help save all of Westeros.

I'm not fan of show-Brienne although in that instance I felt more like Arya failed Brienne - Brienne duelled the Hound for Arya and won, yet Arya was too mistrusting for her own good and ran away from a genuine rescuer.

An argument could similarly be made about Sansa, although according to the script, Sansa's was supposed to shoot a look to Brienne to imply that she wanted to go with her, but couldn't, and was warning her to get away while she could. (I've watched the scene but didn't see any look that looks like that.)

An argument could similarly be made about Sansa, although according to the script, Sansa's was supposed to shoot a look to Brienne to imply that she wanted to go with her, but couldn't, and was warning her to get away while she could. (I've watched the scene but didn't see any look that looks like that.)

It said that in the script? 

I'm not fan of show-Brienne although in that instance I felt more like Arya failed Brienne - Brienne duelled the Hound for Arya and won, yet Arya was too mistrusting for her own good and ran away from a genuine rescuer.

how did you see the script?

what I saw in that scene was Sansa clearly processing the fact that Littlefinger was unhappy to see Brienne and was trying to turn Sansa against her. She knows LF is dangerous, so this is why she told Brienne to leave. It was similar really to the scene where Dontos's life was in danger and she made up something about luck to save him (and herself) but it was more subtle.

how did you see the script?

what I saw in that scene was Sansa clearly processing the fact that Littlefinger was unhappy to see Brienne and was trying to turn Sansa against her. She knows LF is dangerous, so this is why she told Brienne to leave. It was similar really to the scene where Dontos's life was in danger and she made up something about luck to save him (and herself) but it was more subtle.

Just imagine what will happen when Jon will meet Sansa. How would LF would try to put Sansa against him. Oh I can sooo see it. Hopefully Sansa will see through his bullshit and learn from what happened last time he was with her.

It said that in the script? 

Yes it was a side bar on the script, I for one commented on that episode and stated I thought Sansa was giving Brienne a warning from Sansa's looks and words; 2 or three days later it was stated by Gwendolyn Christie that was so.

I personally feel that Sophie Turner is doing excellent in conveying signals through her facial expressions and body mannerisms.

If she truly did her duty, she would've taken the shadow's blade for her beloved usurper. She failed Catelyn not because of the RW, but because she did not do her duty for Sansa and Arya. Lastly, why should she be above any sort of reckoning, whether self-imposed or not? Nooo, don't harm St. Brienne Of Tarth!!1!

if they bring her to the screen they almost certainly will kill her within the same season, as that would be the entire point of waiting this long: limiting the numer of locations per season, and avoiding multi-season actor contracts where possible. They are introducing her in time for her arc to actually fully play out within a single season. This includes Frey revenge at Riverrun etc.

I always thought that they'll introduce her and then finish it in next season or so. GOT is just so huge that locations or contract for actor is not that big of a deal right now. They can deal with that. But we can agree that LSH is not a lost cause. It may seem that way.

If she truly did her duty, she would've taken the shadow's blade for her beloved usurper. 

Sure. Because that would be an absolutely reasonable thing to expect. Brienne should have taken the shadow's blade. That's totally how shadow assassins work. /s 

But in all seriousness, this is a perfect example of the irrational foolishness butthurt fans like to spew on this site. Slow clap. Thank you for proving my point.

She failed Catelyn not because of the RW, but because she did not do her duty for Sansa and Arya. 

(1) That was not the original argument made against Brienne. That was only brought up once the idiocy of the first claim had been exposed.

(2) Both Stark girls refused Brienne's help point blank. Furthermore, Catelyn had promised that when the time came nothing would stand in Brienne's way of avenging Renly. 

Lastly, why should she be above any sort of reckoning, whether self-imposed or not?

Because she doesn’t deserve it. Brienne tried desperately to help Arya and Sansa. She put herself at great personal risk for both girls. Even after they had refused her help, she endeavored to protect them with fierce devotion. She withstood weeks of bitter cold just in case Sansa might need her. Until finally, after receiving no sign from Sansa she went to fulfill another oath.

Was Brienne supposed to stand in front of the broken tower for all eternity? Did her oath to Catelyn imply that she should do anything of the sort? Is that a reasonable or just thing to expect of a person?

Does someone who puts a ridiculous amount of effort into helping others (even after being told not to) deserve to be punished if unsuccessful? 

Nooo, don't harm St. Brienne Of Tarth!!1!

Words to live by, bro. She shouldn't be harmed. She's one of the few remaining people in Westeros who actually cares about the well-being of the innocent. Even if she never sees either Stark girl again, she can still do good for others. 

Archived