Who will Brienne kill in s6 finale?

dariopatke

I think you missed the quick glanced she gave to those two Knights behind her and she told her she should leave, then B elbowed her way out.

Sansa did warn her and Sophie did it right in my opinion.

Nearly everybody missed that. All you see is Sansa look to the side for half a second. The scene was poorly executed. The fact that we have to rely on a comment made by one of the actors to validate what the scene was intended to suggest says everything. And again, most people have no idea that was intended at all. Even viewers known for their meticulous attention to detail have admitted that they weren’t able to detect Sansa's famed look. That’s not a good sign.

For what it is worth Grail King, I read the scene the same way you did. The way the "I think you should leave" line read to me was basically saying "You better get out of here before things go badly for you."

Thanks,

I thought it was obvious, but I guess it went by people.

10 hours ago, sapphire_lion said:

Which is my point. I've had to dig up GC's quote numerous times to show the intent of that scene to various people. If it were an adequately depicted scene, I wouldn't have had to.

Did you pick up on it, or did you not realize it until the quoted interview ?

5 hours ago, sapphire_lion said:

Actually, I saw the quote before I watched the episode.

But it didn't jive with what you saw, or it did after you looked for the subtleties?

Just asking, I was also wondering if maybe book readers understood it better than show watchers only people, because to me it was really obvious what Sansa was doing.

1 hour ago, Grail King said:

But it didn't jive with what you saw, or it did after you looked for the subtleties?

Just asking, I was also wondering if maybe book readers understood it better than show watchers only people, because to me it was really obvious what Sansa was doing.

It didn't jive. And after multiple viewings I still wasn't able to convince myself otherwise. The scene was poorly done (imo). The fact that almost all viewers missed what the scene was meant to convey is a testament to that. 

BTW, I am a book reader. From what I've seen the intent of the scene was equally lost on book readers and non-book readers alike. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/13/2016 at 9:23 AM, sapphire_lion said:

Ha. All Stannis managed to do was prove Ramsay's cunning and strength.

Yeah dude all Ramsay needed was Ser Twenty Goodman to break the famed military commander that is Stannis. Believable.

On 1/10/2016 at 10:24 AM, titanx5 said:

Well D&D love making Brienne killing some big character, so I would have said the Nights King, but guess thats for Jon. So I will say there is no Clegene bowl, but rather Brienne of f***ing Tarth kills Ser Robert Strong

Oh I'll love to see that showdown and have Cersei lose her trial that way

On February 9, 2016 at 9:25 AM, Grissom said:

Yeah dude all Ramsay needed was Ser Twenty Goodman to break the famed military commander that is Stannis. Believable.

Whatever you personally find believable or otherwise is immaterial. I spoke of what occurred on the show. And on the show, Stannis’s poor decisions did nothing but serve Ramsay. Don't like? Write to D&D.

Archived