Do you prefer Jon as Stark or Targaryen?

dariopatke

Do you prefer Jon as King in the North ( King of Winter) with name Jon Stark, or King of the Seven Kingdoms s Jon Targaryen?

I like him more as Stark, Northmen are much more different than Andals so it would be nice to have a kingdom of First men. Someone else can sit on iron chair.

Jon is a Stark and Ned's son.  Biology doesn't change that.  And heck, biology would only leave him 50% Stark even if he were Ned's biological child: Lyanna being half his biological heritage instead of Ned changes nothing in that.  It's worth remembering that Jon is the only child of Ned that only had one parent, and the only one that had to aspire to be a Stark in deeds rather than simply be born into it.  I think that's noticeable in the fact that he's the most like his father.

If Jon reigns at the end, whether on the Iron Throne or from Winterfell, it'll be as a Stark, regardless of the dynastic name he takes for himself.  He has nothing in common with Rhaegar.  But then I doubt he'll reign at the end anywhere.  

I prefer him to come back as a zombie-Jon like LS and to be an undead good guy like Coldhands and also be able to ride Rhaegal while destroying the evil wight and Other horde in epic heroic fashion

But since this is ASOIAF we'll get something less cheesy and over-the-top-epic-fantasy spectacular than that, so I'll say I'd like him as King of the North until the White Walker threat is diminished, then for him to return to duties as Lord Commander and start up a whole new Night's Watch with brand new castles Dany and Tyrion help build for the future safety of the realm. 

But who knows, maybe he actually is dead. 

I prefer Jon Rayder.  Jon as the son of Mance and Lyanna make for some very interesting backstory.  He doesn't deserve to be king of anything except king of the wolves.  Let his human side die and he can live on as the alpha of his direwolf pack. 

Do you prefer Jon as King in the North ( King of Winter) with name Jon Stark, or King of the Seven Kingdoms s Jon Targaryen?

I like him more as Stark, Northmen are much more different than Andals so it would be nice to have a kingdom of First men. Someone else can sit on iron chair.

Up to now Jon is a pure Northman: he is a good sword, a man of duty, follows the old gods, has a white direwolf, even a pet raven, has joined the NW and befriended the wildlings. Before he died people (Varamyr and Borroq) were intrigued by his strong talent for warging. Does he really need to be a dragon too? What about Jon King of the Northmen and of the Free Folk?

I prefer Jon Rayder.  Jon as the son of Mance and Lyanna make for some very interesting backstory.  He doesn't deserve to be king of anything except king of the wolves.  Let his human side die and he can live on as the alpha of his direwolf pack. 

I think that it is how Aryas story will end, she will become Nymeria, thats what she realy wants, or she will get stabbed in heart by Jon if he is AA.

Glad that all of you prefer Jon Stark.

Well, right now Jon can't be anything but Snow. After getting stabbed being only LC of the NW I imagine what he would think of being a King! Siting in that throne made of blades! Jon will not want to rule anything now, if he survives. He might as well save the world from the Others, be half-dragon and half-wolf, but to me, neither Stark nor Targaryen, only "Jon". Maybe Jon The Saviour?

BTW, he's all "north" because it was there where he was raised and also joined the NW, but remember he was sent to the watch because he was a bastard (rejected by his stepmother) and got betrayed by his own men.

"Jon Lackland" would be great for him ;-)

But being betrayed by his own men will release him from the NW. I think this overdone and a bit silly by GRRM but it opens the possibility we need, if Jamie and Tyrion are dying off then LET IT SNOW!

Archived