GRRM blog post: Theon spoilers for WoW?

rozemarijn

1 hour ago, The Egg said:

Well, 25 months is still months.

Plus he might have finished everything and he's waiting for the TV-junk to come to an end to publish with less pressure. A man can dream.

Except that Martin has already addressed these rumours, more than once, and made it perfectly clear that there's no truth to any of it and that it's all internet :bs:

• 4 weeks later...

I’ve always wondered at Theons crimes, and Stannis judgement.

Theon fought against Robb & captured winterfel. But Robb had rebelled against the iron throne so fighting him would actually be the lawful thing to do. He hadn’t allied with Stannis

theon killed the children Bran and Rickon, but we actually know this to be untrue. The killing of the Millers sons can be laid at Ramsey feet.

stannis is the most just man in the kingdom so with the correct evidence Theon could be found not guilty and his execution cancelled

The one chapter could be early on in the book ESPECIALLY if he is going to die in it, GRRM went back and wrote the red wedding after writing the rest of ASOS. Obviously that isn't the case here since he says he has a lot more to do than the Theon chapter. He could also just be revising an earlier Theon chapter to accommodate for some mundane-but-still-important story continuity that has nothing to do with Theon getting axed or burned under the weirwood.

14 minutes ago, Gaping Aenys said:

Theon's survival well into WoW likely means that Stannis is defeated in the Battle of Ice.  I don't see Stannis sparing Theon's life for any reason.  Stannis is way too rigid for such mercy.

I'd say you're in for a surprise! :D

On 1/27/2018 at 7:19 AM, Kandrax said:

Would ironborns accept someone like him over Euron?

If Euron leads them to ruin, there is plenty of evidence to suggest that he is using the strength of the Iron Islands to elevate himself on their skeletons. I don't think Theon survives though.

Archived