Arya will die before the series ends

naur a sereg

Whoa! You really see Sansa being knocked up by Sweetrobin?? You've a lot more confidence in the kid's ability than I do.

Agreed I can't see Sweetrobin "dishonoring" her in such as fashion. Now Harry on the the other hand.

Whoa! You really see Sansa being knocked up by Sweetrobin?? You've a lot more confidence in the kid's ability than I do.

True, Robert is a little unrealistic, but he's only ~4 years younger than Sansa, and they were all supposed to be older by now by way of a timeskip. 

Maybe LF will knock her up and they'll claim it's Robert's.

Arya's fate is one of the most interesting questions of the series IMO. The outcomes that have been set up for her are diverse and contradictory, making prediction a bit of a guessing game. Which way you lean simply depends on which hints you choose to consider.

She is set up as:

1. Found dead in the Spring clutching a needle.

2. A queen, married to a king, mother of princes, lords and knights...

3. Rejecting class, gender, social roles entirely;  a lone wolf.

4. Upstaging Bran, taking over his expected/prefered roles.

As for the first point, one line seems to directly foreshadow her death, but it also might be more figurative than literal. Some aspect of her might "die" without her actually dying. That is one way of looking at it. Or, similar to other characters she may actually die and come back, though hard to see how this would not be one use too many of resurrection.

One thing that is clear is that Nymeria will be important to her transition. Nymeria is already the queen of the wolves. While Arya was in the Riverlands she was herself a natural leader of strays. Right now it is hard to see Arya's path to any leadership position in human society, but if she does somehow end up a queen it will be because she will become a leaders of a much larger band of strays....maybe even the ones Dany has been collecting.

OP, I just think that on its own it's not the only conclusion that one can be lead to.

Contextually, in a chapter where Jon is starting to feel more like a a brother of the NW, he thinks about those who tether him the most to Winterfell and then thinks about a Stark that links him to the watch. It's also in the chapter after he learns Bran woke up and is no longer constantly freaking out about what's happening back home.

If you want to see it as foreshadowing, sure there is the death possibility. I think that along the line of thought Home vs Watch, it's interesting that these are the three people who cause him to want to desert. He is tempted with Ned and Rob and finally does it for 'Arya'. And if we are talking about death, who is the 'Arya' Jon committed treason for?

Not saying Arya won't die, just saying that the "foreshadowings" referenced are never very convincing for me even though I can picture better scenarios with her death at the end than alive. 

I don't see Arya as a ruler. I think she wargs Nymeria as she's dying and lives on through her. She does somehow need to come back to where she understands "where the heart is."

She already knows where the heart is, every time there is a glimmer of hope to get to the Wall she tries. She still has needle and she killed Raff the Sweetling. Those are not No One actions, they are Arya Stark actions.

not only this but I just generally think it's bullshit. Either she dies or she doesn't. That would be backing out of killing her and I hope George has bigger balls than that. I was appalled when in this one theory video this dude was trying to say that's what Arya would want. Like...ok? Wtf? That fate sounds like a punishment and nothing else to me.

While reading the thread on Dany/Jon I had a random theory association that might apply to whether or not Arya will die in the series.

- It has been claimed that there is evidence for both Dany and Arya as Jon's bride.
- It has similarly been pointed out that Dany is the "bride of fire."
- Arya has demonstrated an affinity for skinchanging and has become an initiate of the Many-Faced God (Death... an aspect linked by Melisandre to "The Great Other") thus linking her strongly to ice.

So what if Arya's destiny is to become a "bride of ice"... a sort of opposite number to Dany? Perhaps the Night Queen reborn? If she were to essentially become an "Other" (or their avatar) then that would certainly explain the frozen fingers.

I've been developing the theory that the main conflict of the series is ultimately going to come down to a choice by Jon (who is both Stark and Targaryan) between Ice and Fire with the fate of the world resting in his choice (does the world end in fire or ice?).

Arya and Dany are both foreshadowed as his bride because Jon's choice of Ice or Fire will ultimately be embodied in the choice of who he embraces... Dany (fire) or Arya (ice).

That said, since either eternal winter or eternal fire basically end the world, my guess is that Jon will ultimately have to embrace the trope of "Takes a Third Option" to somehow maintain balance between, restore harmony to or otherwise keep one side or the other from winning.

While reading the thread on Dany/Jon I had a random theory association that might apply to whether or not Arya will die in the series.

- It has been claimed that there is evidence for both Dany and Arya as Jon's bride.
- It has similarly been pointed out that Dany is the "bride of fire."
- Arya has demonstrated an affinity for skinchanging and has become an initiate of the Many-Faced God (Death... an aspect linked by Melisandre to "The Great Other") thus linking her strongly to ice.

So what if Arya's destiny is to become a "bride of ice"... a sort of opposite number to Dany? Perhaps the Night Queen reborn? If she were to essentially become an "Other" (or their avatar) then that would certainly explain the frozen fingers.

I've been developing the theory that the main conflict of the series is ultimately going to come down to a choice by Jon (who is both Stark and Targaryan) between Ice and Fire with the fate of the world resting in his choice (does the world end in fire or ice?).

Arya and Dany are both foreshadowed as his bride because Jon's choice of Ice or Fire will ultimately be embodied in the choice of who he embraces... Dany (fire) or Arya (ice).

That said, since either eternal winter or eternal fire basically end the world, my guess is that Jon will ultimately have to embrace the trope of "Takes a Third Option" to somehow maintain balance between, restore harmony to or otherwise keep one side or the other from winning.

First things first. It is frozen fingers not frozen body. My fingers have frozen too here in Detroit . II was having my morning jog, and just removed my gloves for well like 5 minutes to use my mobile. And my fingers have frozen up. And I can assure you I am not a Nights Queen or King. Anyways she is not going to stay with the faceless men any longer. So the third option you are talking about  is Sansa , right? Who you claim has nothing of ice/north in her? Thats what you suggested in another forum. 

I am quoting from donewithwoodenteeth tumblr.com 

Begin

For starters, it says that a spring thaw will come to Arya, that though she will “sew” all winter, it will come to an end.

And “frozen fingers” can sound bad, but frozen can also meaning stuck as in unwilling to reliquish what’s in her grasp (i.e. Needle.) And that’s good because of this:

“It’s just a sword. If she needed a sword, there were a hundred under the temple. Needle was too small to be a proper sword, it was hardly more than a toy. She’d been a stupid little girl when Jon had it made for her.  

“It’s just a stupid sword,” she said, aloud this time…

… but it wasn’t.

Needle was Robb and Bran and Rickon, her mother and her father, even Sansa. Needle was Winterfell’s grey walls, and the laughter of its people. Needle was the summer snows, Old Nan’s stories, the heart tree with its red leaves and scary face, the warm earthy smell of the glass gardens, the sound of the north wind rattling the shutters of her room. Needle was Jon Snow’s smile.

He used to mess my hair and call me “little sister,” she remembered, and suddenly there were tears in her eyes.

End

Dany has been called "bride of fire" in the books and I can certainly consider the possibility that she becomes one side of a double marriage that also involves a "bride of ice" who could well be Arya.

But that might also be all backwards.

Maybe "bride of fire" actually means Dany marries "fire" as in she marries someone who has the fire of R'hllor in him, as we saw Beric did, as Mel may have, etc. and she does so because she is the mother of Dragons and this is her path.

In that scenario, any "bride of ice" if there were such a thing, would not themselves BE the ice, but rather, they would marry "ice". This would imply that Arya or whoever else we might consider the "bride of ice" marries the Night's King.

This might be done in order to make peace...it need not mean that the bride of ice is a traitor or anything. 

Dany has been called "bride of fire" in the books and I can certainly consider the possibility that she becomes one side of a double marriage that also involves a "bride of ice" who could well be Arya.

But that might also be all backwards.

Maybe "bride of fire" actually means Dany marries "fire" as in she marries someone who has the fire of R'hllor in him, as we saw Beric did, as Mel may have, etc. and she does so because she is the mother of Dragons and this is her path.

In that scenario, any "bride of ice" if there were such a thing, would not themselves BE the ice, but rather, they would marry "ice". This would imply that Arya or whoever else we might consider the "bride of ice" marries the Night's King.

This might be done in order to make peace...it need not mean that the bride of ice is a traitor or anything. 

Maybe this quote can be helpful? Idk

...the shape of shadows... morrows not yet made... drink from the cup of ice... drink from the cup of fire...

...mother of dragons... child of three...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived