LBGTQ - 4 out of 5 cats prefer lesbians

TerraPrime

3 hours ago, Lily Valley said:

Hey, Congrats!  Do you want to do a buddy system for a few months?  I just made 42 and I am finding the calories can't be wished away anymore.  If you're making dietary changes, I'd love to get on board with that!

ALL THE NERDS:   IMPORTANT NEWS (contains spoilers)

I'm getting married this year.  I have 2 important family members I need to talk to before I take out a page in the newspaper, so if you're friends with me on fb PLEASE wait until it is formally announced.  I'd be keeping it under my hat, but I got engaged before Christmas and I am about to BUST.

A woman that I have been friends with and crushed on for 20 years finally told me she was willing to marry me.  This woman has turned me down for several years.  I ramped up my game over the last six months.  We have some challenges ahead.  She did the right thing taking her time to think about it.  She can't live in New Orleans full time, but I'm only chained to work 30 weeks out of the year.  We got this.  There's a plan.

The most glamorous, beautiful and magnificent woman I have ever met in my whole life said she was willing to be my wife.

I am scared to death.  I'm so happy I feel like I'm gonna die because it can't be real.  I feel like a child waiting for Santa.  I have so many feels I've been crying off and on for nearly a month.

In random serendipitous stuff, I got a letter from my Alma Mater for life insurance that is very reasonably priced this week.  One of the things I worried about was leaving her with my student loan debt or any financial mess.  Problem solveable.  They make financial advisers for that stuff.  If anyone has advice on marriage, let me have it.  I'm all ears.  She's never been married and I don't ever want to get divorced again.

Here's our song.  Storm Large being amazing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbe1EyGR_KI

That's so awesome Lily - so happy for you - sending big hugs and love :D:D:D

In totally unrelated news, I joined a book club, where all of the members are somewhere on the LGBTQIA+ landscape, and the goal is to read SF written by queer people, women, or POC. Last night was the first meeting I attended, and we discussed gender and LeGuin, the works of Kameron Hurley, and then we did a dramatic reading of Chuck Tingle. 100 percent A plus evening. We're discussing Ancillary Justice next time and I can't wait!

7 hours ago, Lily Valley said:

Hey, Congrats!  Do you want to do a buddy system for a few months?  I just made 42 and I am finding the calories can't be wished away anymore.  If you're making dietary changes, I'd love to get on board with that!

I'm getting married this year.  I have 2 important family members I need to talk to before I take out a page in the newspaper, so if you're friends with me on fb PLEASE wait until it is formally announced.  I'd be keeping it under my hat, but I got engaged before Christmas and I am about to BUST.

A woman that I have been friends with and crushed on for 20 years finally told me she was willing to marry me.  This woman has turned me down for several years.  I ramped up my game over the last six months.  We have some challenges ahead.  She did the right thing taking her time to think about it.  She can't live in New Orleans full time, but I'm only chained to work 30 weeks out of the year.  We got this.  There's a plan.

The most glamorous, beautiful and magnificent woman I have ever met in my whole life said she was willing to be my wife.

I am scared to death.  I'm so happy I feel like I'm gonna die because it can't be real.  I feel like a child waiting for Santa.  I have so many feels I've been crying off and on for nearly a month.

In random serendipitous stuff, I got a letter from my Alma Mater for life insurance that is very reasonably priced this week.  One of the things I worried about was leaving her with my student loan debt or any financial mess.  Problem solveable.  They make financial advisers for that stuff.  If anyone has advice on marriage, let me have it.  I'm all ears.  She's never been married and I don't ever want to get divorced again.

:love: I'm so happy for you! 

8 hours ago, Lily Valley said:

Dude! Holy shit, mad congratulations!! Super stoked, big time hugzzzz

Lily you know how happy I am for you, just so you know I'm considering myself honorary bridesmaid and am prepared to submit a photo of myself in an ugly dress to secure the job.

My only marriage advice is don't marry a guy so you're all set :)

Hey thanks everybody!  I am STILL waiting for a face to face with the ex and my son before I can really post anything.  

X-Ray, I will be pouring top shelf liquor down your throat to get some good stories next time I see you.  

My fiancee is pretty distanced from social media and one of the things we need to talk about is privacy issues.  As y'all are aware, I wear my life proudly on my chest.  Not everyone is very happy when they get dragged in as accessories to the Lily show.  Our marriage will certainly not be what passes for a conventional lesbian marriage down here.  I've had so much trouble with dating women who expect me to be their whole life.  Can't do it.  On the flip side, they expect me to drop what I'm doing to support THEIR life.  Can't do that either.  My fiancee has her OWN life (thank you very much) and doesn't need anything.  We're both socially divergent outsiders in very complimentary (or frustrating) ways and haven't changed very much since we met.  What both of have done is redefine our professional and life goals over the last 20 years.  They line up in a way that makes me optimistic we will support one another very well.

Our first hurdle is time and money.  Nothing critical, we've just added a lot of new stuff to our plans for the year and we both have a lot of professional stuff going on.  It has proved a STRONG incentive for me to put together a budget and financial plan for the year and stick to it.  This is tough for me.  For her it means doing a better job scheduling her work and projects.  Time management and networking are tough for her.  I think we are going to make lists and trade.  Nothing like some incentives to put a fire under our asses.

brook, LOL.  I just wouldn't have been able to do that.  I do not wish to offend my wonderful men friends, I have little trust left in my taste in men at this age.  It's not them, it's me.

2 minutes ago, Xray the Enforcer said:

I hear you so much on privacy. Depending on the venue, I let all that shit hang out. But Mr. X is a lot more reserved. We've made it work -- that can be one of the many things you and I talk about when we have our ADVICEORAMA. 

Who?

9 hours ago, Xray the Enforcer said:

I hear you so much on privacy. Depending on the venue, I let all that shit hang out. But Mr. X is a lot more reserved. We've made it work -- that can be one of the many things you and I talk about when we have our ADVICEORAMA. 

I'm not exactly super reserved but I do like to pick what I share and when, while Nat is much more open so setting boundaries around this sort of stuff was something we had to work out pretty early on. In the end for me the line came down to 'is this thing you're about to share more about me than you?' and keeping that as a guide has worked pretty well for us so far.

I'm beginning to feel increasingly regretful about having started to transition, and my family having found out. But mostly I'm very upset that the VA has my name and paperwork on me.

Maybe I'm overreacting, everyone else seems to think so, but I feel no faith in the process I once was willing to defend with my life. I think I'm going to retreat for a while again, thanks to everyone for your help and for sharing your own stories for people like me to share your journey.

14 hours ago, WinterFox said:

I'm beginning to feel increasingly regretful about having started to transition, and my family having found out. But mostly I'm very upset that the VA has my name and paperwork on me.

Maybe I'm overreacting, everyone else seems to think so, but I feel no faith in the process I once was willing to defend with my life. I think I'm going to retreat for a while again, thanks to everyone for your help and for sharing your own stories for people like me to share your journey.

I think the important thing is what the reason for your regret is.  If you feel it is just not something that will work for you, I'll accept and respect that, with no question.  If you feel that the current social/political climate makes it too dangerous,  I might have some useful input.

Archived