LBGTQ - 4 out of 5 cats prefer lesbians

TerraPrime

9 minutes ago, Robin Of House Hill said:

Yep, I know that no one agrees.

I think it's a fair stance to take, to be honest. If nothing else, you don't know this doctor or their practice very well yet. In my case, there are so many reasons why I'd get shipped off to the gulag that my gender-identity is probably way down the list. 

6 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Eh, the only real issue I have with that is that I'd hope you'd have a close enough relationship with your doc to divulge that. That said, I can understand why you might not dependent upon that relationship.

If it has nothing to do with any medical condition for which I require treatment, there is no point...no matter how much I like my doctor.  Besides, this doctor's office isn't that far away, and I have no idea if any of the staff live nearby.

Just now, Robin Of House Hill said:

If it has nothing to do with any medical condition for which I require treatment, there is no point...no matter how much I like my doctor.  Besides, this doctor's office isn't that far away, and I have no idea if any of the staff live nearby.

Yeah, I get it. I don't think that's an unreasonable concern at all. The only thing I would add is that at some point in the future it is possible that this information could factor into your care to some degree.

4 minutes ago, Xray the Enforcer said:

I think it's a fair stance to take, to be honest. If nothing else, you don't know this doctor or their practice very well yet. In my case, there are so many reasons why I'd get shipped off to the gulag that my gender-identity is probably way down the list. 

As I mentioned. being shipped off to the gulag isn't my immediate concern...yet.  How do I know if any of the staff that has access to medical records doesn't live nearby?

Just now, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Yeah, I get it. I don't think that's an unreasonable concern at all. The only thing I would add is that at some point in the future it is possible that this information could factor into your care to some degree.

There is only one thing that could possibly be relevant, but I am so far out of the profile for it, I think I can safely dismiss it.

• 2 weeks later...

This comes under the heading of bizarre happenings. My wife comes back from walking our dog, this afternoon  Mentions that it took a while because she found a medication bottle down near the dog park and tried to find out who it belonged to   She couldn't find out, so she called the pharmacy  They said they'd call the person and let her know it would be at our complex's management office, tomorrow morning, so it could be picked up.  That sounded good, but I asked to see the medication bottle, in case there was any greater urgency in getting it to the person.  Spironolactone!!!  While it has other uses, it is frequently used in the HRT regimen for trans women.  Because of that, I suggested that she put in a mailing envelope and seal it, with only the person's name, before leaving it at the management office tomorrow.  No point in letting someone get curious and googling it. The best part is that I'm not involved in any of this.

The only question I have is what would I have done if my wife hadn't already contacted the pharmacy?

19 hours ago, Robin Of House Hill said:

This comes under the heading of bizarre happenings. My wife comes back from walking our dog, this afternoon  Mentions that it took a while because she found a medication bottle down near the dog park and tried to find out who it belonged to   She couldn't find out, so she called the pharmacy  They said they'd call the person and let her know it would be at our complex's management office, tomorrow morning, so it could be picked up.  That sounded good, but I asked to see the medication bottle, in case there was any greater urgency in getting it to the person.  Spironolactone!!!  While it has other uses, it is frequently used in the HRT regimen for trans women.  Because of that, I suggested that she put in a mailing envelope and seal it, with only the person's name, before leaving it at the management office tomorrow.  No point in letting someone get curious and googling it. The best part is that I'm not involved in any of this.

The only question I have is what would I have done if my wife hadn't already contacted the pharmacy?

Tiny world. The mind fairly boggles at all of the coincidences involved, I also don't think spironolactone is widely used outside hrt because of the testosterone lowering side effects.

On my end my family has done basically a 180 over the last few months, my mom especially. She's thrown herself into helping me transition and I could not love her more for it.

In fact she and my dad are returning from vacation at universal orlando with some essentials for me to put together a hogwarts uniform (movie version). I'm beyond excited.

6 minutes ago, WinterFox said:

Tiny world. The mind fairly boggles at all of the coincidences involved, I also don't think spironolactone is widely used outside hrt because of the testosterone lowering side effects.

On my end my family has done basically a 180 over the last few months, my mom especially. She's thrown herself into helping me transition and I could not love her more for it.

In fact she and my dad are returning from vacation at universal orlando with some essentials for me to put together a hogwarts uniform (movie version). I'm beyond excited.

That's awesome, Winterfox. Good to hear.

40 minutes ago, WinterFox said:

A bigger coincidence than you realize.  The address on the med bottle is a complex that is managed by a company that we first inquired about when we first considered moving to this area.  They had a page on Facebook and when I looked at it, I noticed that one of the pages "liked" by it referenced Transgender Day of Remembrance.  The former intelligence officer in me had to dig further.  I discovered that the woman there, that my wife was in touch with was married to a trans woman.  I don't believe this is the same one.  One would figure when you are  about 15 miles outside a city of about 700,000, things wouldn't be so crowded.

Anyway, enough about this.  It is great news that your family is coming around.It should make your life a bit easier. It's nice to hear of good things happening to people.

Really good to hear WF, while a bad reaction is really really awful in the short term I feel its the way our family responds in the long term that shows who they are. When they readjust the way they view the world for us, that says something.

Robin - Amusingly my Dad is on spironolactone for blood pressure.

4 hours ago, Robin Of House Hill said:

If the name on the prescription had been a male name, I wouldn't have mentioned it here, but it was a female name and in the US that isn't the medication of choice for high blood pressure.

Doesn't change your point in any way, just interesting for its own sake - it wasn't the first choice here either. He's been on a few different ones, including a beta blocker at one point, before this - just the one that is working best for him right now.

I've been listening to a podcast called How To Be A Girl with a mother and her 7 year old transgender daughter: totally anonymously and using pseudonym's and it's really kind of lovely - deals with the mothers guilt over a year when she tried to convince her daughter she was a boy and the journey of her daughter growing up and her realisation that her daughter isn't 'going through a phase' really interesting nice listening - I'm not a mother and I don't really ever want to be a mother so I'm not sure why I started listening but it's really sweet and the episodes are quite short and obviously as the daughter is a young child the episides arent regularly released to a strict schedule - it's really great to be part of, in some tiny way, this little girls journey as part of the first generation of transgender children allowed and encouraged to be themselves...

2 hours ago, Theda Baratheon said:

I've been listening to a podcast called How To Be A Girl with a mother and her 7 year old transgender daughter: totally anonymously and using pseudonym's and it's really kind of lovely - deals with the mothers guilt over a year when she tried to convince her daughter she was a boy and the journey of her daughter growing up and her realisation that her daughter isn't 'going through a phase' really interesting nice listening - I'm not a mother and I don't really ever want to be a mother so I'm not sure why I started listening but it's really sweet and the episodes are quite short and obviously as the daughter is a young child the episides arent regularly released to a strict schedule - it's really great to be part of, in some tiny way, this little girls journey as part of the first generation of transgender children allowed and encouraged to be themselves...

There are some bright lights in an otherwise perilous universe.  But, I have to be honest.  I've actually given thought to what I would have done if I'd been born years later, when the concept that early transition was possible, began to be accepted.  Transitioning before one has completed school pretty much rules out anything but being public about it.  That would have been a deal breaker for me, no matter what the benefit would have been.  The loss of being able to go through life without being perceived as different is something I I wouldn't give up. When the world perceives you as different, the odds are never in your favor. (Apologies for the Hunger Games paraphrase.)

I don't even know if kids today are told the options available to avoid public disclosure. It's a strange world where trans kids can transition while they are in school, but can't use the bathroom.

Archived