2016 NFL Wildcard cont: Their Bones Will Turn To ICE!

Jace, Extat

Not well. I've been to two Vikings home playoff games. Sunday's game and the 1998 NFC Championship game. FML!

Have you considered the possibility that you may be the kicker jinxer? ;)

Seriously -- agonizing break. I was rooting for you guys... but not that surprised when he shanked it.

New report coming out from a guy at the Pittsburgh Post Gazette saying it is false that Porter was given a game ball.

This is a weird situation. The initial report came from a reporter who works for one of the local Cincy papers, and it was backed up by a local Pittsburgh blogger. Now the local paper and someone from the Steelers are refuting. 

Have you considered the fact that you may be the kicker jinxer? ;)

Seriously -- agonizing break. I was rooting for you guys... but not that surprised when he shanked it.

It was made worse by my step-father drunkenly screaming "He's gonna make it, we're gonna win!" just before the kick. I honestly feared for his life.

New report coming out from a guy at the Pittsburgh Post Gazette saying it is false that Porter was given a game ball.

This is a weird situation. The initial report came from a reporter who works for one of the local Cincy papers, and it was backed up by a local Pittsburgh blogger. Now the local paper and someone from the Steelers are refuting. 

The rumor was started by Dejan Kovacevic, not a reporter from a local Cincy newspaper. He reported it on a local Pittsburgh radio show. I don't know if it's true and I don't really care anymore. I don't really have any respect for the Pittsburgh organization and the country has no respect for the Bengals. So what does it matter anymore?

Also now we have Ramon Foster saying Cincy players spitted on them. Fun times between these two teams. I honestly never want to play the Steelers again.

The rumor was started by Dejan Kovacevic, not a reporter from a local Cincy newspaper. He reported it on a local Pittsburgh radio show.

Also now we have Ramon Foster saying Cincy players spitted on them. Fun times between these two teams. I honestly never want to play the Steelers again.

The articles I had been reading were all showing a tweet by Marielena Balouris, who I guess is a local Cincy newsperson, and then mentioning Dejan saying as much in a radio interview. So I thought that had meant Balouris had originated it. 

Been off the boards for a while, can someone point me to whichever iteration of the NFL thread has Jace's Grigson/Pagano rehire/extension meltdown? Thanks!

The articles I had been reading were all showing a tweet by Marielena Balouris, who I guess is a local Cincy newsperson, and then mentioning Dejan saying as much in a radio interview. So I thought that had meant Balouris had originated it. 

Maybe she did. I don't know. I only heard about it through Kovacevic. Doesn't matter as I said. Both organizations, especially when playing each other, are the worst. You never really see this stuff, outside of Burfict, against any other team. Pittsburgh knows our defense is full of emotional players and they exploit it. End result is this game and the 12/13 game.

The rumor was started by Dejan Kovacevic, not a reporter from a local Cincy newspaper. He reported it on a local Pittsburgh radio show.

Don't you go trying to put the Colts in the North though. Do you know what would happen to my team in that prison showers you call a division? Have you seen Django? Don't let Andrew Luck get torn apart by dogs, Mexal.

Tywin, Gary Anderson, Favre Favreing, Joe Web, and Walsh are probably 4 of the top-20 most heartbreaking ways to lose a playoff game. Joe Webb less because of any one play, but because I don't think a single person watching thought they had a chance as the game went on despite having a 2,000 yard rusher on the field. I feel for you.

Meanwhile, where do you guys think RGIII ends up? I hope he rocks and rolls into NE where I will actually buy that jersey and root for him whenever they're not beating the Colts. I could get in front of him going to Denver as well.

Meanwhile, where do you guys think RGIII ends up? I hope he rocks and rolls into NE where I will actually buy that jersey and root for him whenever they're not beating the Colts. I could get in front of him going to Denver as well.

I saw some article speculating Houston could kick the tires on him. That'd be interesting, but I don't know how realistic a possibility that is. O'Brien is supposed to be a quarterback teacher, and who knows if he'll be able to find a guy at their spot in the draft?

Maybe she did. I don't know. I only heard about it through Kovacevic. Doesn't matter as I said. Both organizations, especially when playing each other, are the worst. You never really see this stuff, outside of Burfict, against any other team. Pittsburgh knows our defense is full of emotional players and they exploit it. End result is this game and the 12/13 game.

No I think you are right, and I was just confusing the order of events. 

The Steelers might want out of the division just to avoid the two blood feuds it has with Cincy and Baltimore. 

I saw some article speculating Houston could kick the tires on him. That'd be interesting, but I don't know how realistic a possibility that is. O'Brien is supposed to be a quarterback teacher, and who knows if he'll be able to find a guy at their spot in the draft?

I don't want that. I actually want him to succeed, and having to cheer when his broken mechanics send Houston back to T.J. Yates would make me sad.

I don't want that. I actually want him to succeed, and having to cheer when his broken mechanics send Houston back to T.J. Yates would make me sad.

Which coach out there do you think could rebuild RG3? I know you said you wanted him to go to NE (I will assume unironically for now) but I don't think Belichick would take him on.

Which coach out there do you think could rebuild RG3? I know you said you wanted him to go to NE (I will assume unironically for now) but I don't think Belichick would take him on.

You don't think Belichick would take a shot on reshaping RG3? I always felt like that was one of his things. Taking a broken player and somehow getting them back to productivity. 

RE: RG3. I've seen some people suggest the Jets, but I really hope not. I don't think he's still got it, but even if he did, the offense isn't set up right for his skill set. If we knew he was going to be elite again, obviously the team should adjust the offense to match him; but as is its too big a risk. Which means he wouldn't even be in the right conditions to succeed anyway.

As for this week's picks, I'm going with:

Pats over Chiefs- Sadly. But it looks like the Pats are healthy again. I don't see a blowout, but I think it'll be a comfortable win.

Cardinals over Packers- The Packers looked great last week. It was the first time they looked great in months. I don't trust them.

Panthers over Seahawks- Easy to forget how good the Panthers were this season. Also the Seahawks blow 4th quarters this season, and they got lucky last week, they won't this week.

Broncos over Steelers- Doesn't really matter how PFM is this week. The Broncos defense will eat the rapistless Steelers offense alive.

If Christian Hackenberg is there in the second round, BOB is gonna take him. I wouldn't even be surprised if they trade up to get him. Despite being lackluster behind a total shit O-line the past two years, he was a perfect fit for O'Briens offense. I think he was way over hyped going into this season but a solid combine puts him back on the radar.

As for RGIII, I'd say the Cowboys but I think they'll make a move for Manziel first. I'll throw a darkhorse candidate out there: the Browns, simply because he'll have a legit chance to start and I think they'd pay him the most.

You don't think Belichick would take a shot on reshaping RG3? I always felt like that was one of his things. Taking a broken player and somehow getting them back to productivity. 

He's taken chances on perceived over-the-hill players who he thought could still be productive with the right system or usage. I don't remember him ever doing a "rebuild." Unless Tebow's training camp audition counts somehow? More and more that just looks like Belichick trolling the Jets.

The Patriots' offense is really complicated. That's part of the reason so many receivers wash out of the system. Chad Johnson-Cinco never grasped it. If RG3 is having trouble learning a pro-level offense, I doubt he'd be a good fit.

Bruce Arians, if he worked more movement into is offense. Whatshisname's kid the Panthers OC. Hue Jackson. Adam Gase (but they're tied to Tannehill). Josh McDaniels (assuming different team). Sean Payton.

That's about it. And I'm serious. Since the Malcolm Butler INT, I don't really have much hate in my heart for the Patriots. I respect them and want my team to beat them due to history, as they're the dragon that needs to be slain, and I tried to reverse-double-jinx them but that was pure desperation for my Colts. But now. Eh. I could very well be rooting for them in the Superbowl.

RE: RG3. I've seen some people suggest the Jets, but I really hope not. I don't think he's still got it, but even if he did, the offense isn't set up right for his skill set. If we knew he was going to be elite again, obviously the team should adjust the offense to match him; but as is its too big a risk. Which means he wouldn't even be in the right conditions to succeed anyway.

As for this week's picks, I'm going with:

Pats over Chiefs- Sadly. But it looks like the Pats are healthy again. I don't see a blowout, but I think it'll be a comfortable win.

Cardinals over Packers- The Packers looked great last week. It was the first time they looked great in months. I don't trust them.

Panthers over Seahawks- Easy to forget how good the Panthers were this season. Also the Seahawks blow 4th quarters this season, and they got lucky last week, they won't this week.

Broncos over Steelers- Doesn't really matter how PFM is this week. The Broncos defense will eat the rapistless Steelers offense alive.

Rapeburger will play. So will Antonio Brown.

That's about it. And I'm serious. Since the Malcolm Butler INT, I don't really have much hate in my heart for the Patriots. 

Every time  somebody here says that they don't hate the Patriots, a little piece of me dies inside.  

Bruce Arians, if he worked more movement into is offense. Whatshisname's kid the Panthers OC. Hue Jackson. Adam Gase (but they're tied to Tannehill). Josh McDaniels (assuming different team). Sean Payton.

That's about it. And I'm serious. Since the Malcolm Butler INT, I don't really have much hate in my heart for the Patriots. I respect them and want my team to beat them due to history, as they're the dragon that needs to be slain, and I tried to reverse-double-jinx them but that was pure desperation for my Colts. But now. Eh. I could very well be rooting for them in the Superbowl.

Rapeburger will play. So will Antonio Brown.

If he's playing, he's playing with torn ligaments and a sprain. Doesn't matter how pumped full of painkillers he is, he can't throw the ball. 

Archived