Goosebumps

dRagonese

Last 2 chapters of GoT always get me, first with the king of the north revalation and then the way PaPa George describes Drogo's funeral pyre and the birth of the dragons. any other chapters you guys can think of that always gives ya the feels? aside from the murder of Lady that chapter i just skip cuz those are not the feels I like Feeling. 

Jon's chapter after the battle at castle black when he finds Ygritte  gets me. When Dany is in the house of the undying gets me too. Hmmmmm I'd say Jons last chapter in ADWD also....not for the stabbing but when he finally says screw it Ima go HAM on Ramsey

I don't know what is going on with the other page tabs

Jon's chapter after the battle at castle black when he finds Ygritte  gets me. When Dany is in the house of the undying gets me too. Hmmmmm I'd say Jons last chapter in ADWD also....not for the stabbing but when he finally says screw it Ima go HAM on Ramsey

The ending of Clash, that whole Iast Bran paragraph. I guess it's not the text alone because in my mind I combine it with the scene from the show of Winterfell burning in the distance and the mournful Stark theme, but yeah. Sad chills, but good chills. Not like Lady's death. Those are sad-sad chills. Like, Gotye's "Bronte" level of sad-sad. 

And "Stannis! Stannis! Stannis!" are good-good chills, badass chills. I guess also Euron's reveal of the horn during the Kingsmoot came close, but those were more like "oh shit"-chills, and have yet no pay off. 

These are the ones that come to the mind immediately -

Greatjon's speech 

and this

“On my  honor  as  a  Tully,”  she  told Lord Walder,  “on  my  honor  as  a Stark,  I  will  trade  your boy’s  life  for  Robb’s.  A  son  for  a  son.”  Her  hand  shook so  badly she  was  ringing  Jinglebell’s head.

And through the smoke another wedge of armored riders came, on barded horses. Floating above them were
the largest banners yet, royal standards as big as sheets; a yellow one with long pointed tongues that showed a flaming heart, and another like a sheet of beaten gold, with a black stag prancing and rippling in the wind. Robert, Jon thought for one mad moment, remembering poor Owen, but when the trumpets blew again and the knights charged, the name they cried was “Stannis! Stannis! STANNIS!”     

In return we swore that we should always be their men. STARK men!

“Dressing her in grey and white serves no good if the girl is left to sob. The Freys may not care, but the northmen … they fear the Dreadfort, but they love the Starks.”

Janos Slynt twisted his neck around to stare up at him. “Please, my lord. Mercy. I’ll … I’ll go, I will, I …” No, thought Jon. You closed that door. Longclaw descended. “Can I have his boots?” asked Owen the Oaf, as Janos Slynt’s head went rolling across the muddy ground. “They’re almost new, those boots. Lined with fur.” Jon glanced back at Stannis. For an instant their eyes met. Then the king nodded and went back inside his tower.

Bear Island knows no king but the King in the North, whose name is STARK

Winter is almost upon us, boy. And winter is death. I would sooner my men die fighting for the Ned’s little girl than alone and hungry in the snow, weeping tears that freeze upon their cheeks. No one sings songs of men who die like that. As for me, I am old. This will be my last winter. Let me bathe in Bolton blood before I die. I want to feel it spatter across my face when my axe bites deep into a Bolton skull. I want to lick it off my lips and die with the taste of it on my tongue.

“but the rest, yes. Old Whoresbane is only here because the Freys hold the Greatjon captive. And do you imagine the Hornwood men have forgotten the Bastard’s last marriage, and how his lady wife was left to starve, chewing her own fingers? What do you think passes through their heads when they hear the new bride weeping? Valiant Ned’s precious little girl.”

What does Stannis offer you? Vengeance. Vengeance for my sons and yours, for your husbands and your fathers and your brothers. Vengeance for your murdered lord, your murdered king, your butchered princes. Vengeance!”

My son Wendel came to the the Twins a guest. He ate Lord Walder's bread and salt, and hung his sword upon the wall to feast with friends. And they murdered him. Murdered, I say, and may the Freys choke upon their fables. I drink with Jared, jape with Symond, promise Rhaegar the hand of my own beloved granddaughter ... but never think that means I have forgotten. The north remembers, Lord Davos. The north remembers, and the mummer’s farce is almost done. My son is home.

dead things in the water dead things in the woods... Night gathers, and now my war begins

I am not blind, nor deaf. I know you all believe me weak, frightened, feeble. Your father knew me better. Oberyn was ever the viper. Deadly, dangerous, unpredictable. No man dared tread on him. I was the grass. Pleasant, complaisant, sweet-smelling, swaying with every breeze. Who fears to walk upon the grass? But it is the grass that hides the viper from his enemies and shelters him until he strikes.

I will not fight you, nor will I kneel to you. Dorne has no king. Tell your brother that. [...] Your words. Ours are Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken. You may burn us, my lady ... but you will not bend us, break us, or make us bow. This is Dorne. You are not wanted here. Return at your peril.

“And the man breaks.
“He turns and runs, or crawls off afterward over the corpses of the slain, or steals away in the black of night, and he finds someplace to hide. All thought of home is gone by then, and kings and lords and gods mean less to him than a haunch of spoiled meat that will let him live another day, or a skin of bad wine that might drown his fear for a few hours. The broken man lives from day to day, from meal to meal, more beast than man. Lady Brienne is not wrong. In times like these, the traveler must beware of broken men, and fear them…but he should pity them as well.”
When Meribald was finished a profound silence fell upon their little band. Brienne could hear the wind rustling through a clump of pussywillows, and farther off the faint cry of a loon. She could hear Dog panting softly as he loped along beside the septon and his donkey, tongue lolling from his mouth. The quiet stretched and stretched, until finally she said, “How old were you when they marched you off to war?”
“Why, no older than your boy,” Meribald replied. “Too young for such, in truth, but my brothers were all going, and I would not be left behind. Willam said I could be his squire, though Will was no knight, only a potboy armed with a kitchen knife he’d stolen from the inn. He died upon the Stepstones, and never struck a blow. It was fever did for him, and for my brother Robin. Owen died from a mace that split his head apart, and his friend Jon Pox was hanged for rape.”
“The War of the Ninepenny Kings?” asked Hyle Hunt.
“So they called it, though I never saw a king, nor earned a penny. It was a war, though. That it was.”

Oberyn wanted vengeance for Elia. Now the three of you want vengeance for him. I have four daughters, I remind you. Your sisters. My Elia is fourteen, almost a woman. Obella is twelve, on the brink of maidenhood. They worship you, as Dorea and Loreza worship them. If you should die, must El and Obella seek vengeance for you, then Dorea and Loree for them? Is that how it goes, round and round forever? I ask again, where does it end? I saw your father die. Here is his killer. Can I take a skull to bed with me, to give me comfort in the night? Will it make me laugh, write me songs, care for me when I am old and sick?

[...]

“Ripe for what? To make more skulls?” Ellaria Sand turned to the prince. “They will not see. I can hear no more of this.”

“It ends in blood, as it began,” said Lady Nym. “It ends when Casterly Rock is cracked open, so the sun can shine on the maggots and the worms within. It ends with the utter ruin of Tywin Lannister and all his works.”

I defeated your uncle Victarion and his Iron Fleet off Fair Isle, the first time your father crowned himself. I held Storm's End against the power of the Reach for a year, and took Dragonstone from the Targaryens. I smashed Mance Rayder at the Wall, though he had twenty times my numbers. Tell me, turncloak, what battles has the Bastard of Bolton ever won that I should fear him?

Almost everyone of the quotes you found brought those same chills down my spine once again.

:cheers:

I almost forgote this one:

So many come to see me die, thought Dunk bitterly, but he wronged them. A few steps farther on, a woman called out, "Good fortune to you." An old man stepped up to take his hand and said, "May the gods give you strength, ser." Then a begging brother in a tattered brown robe said a blessing on his sword, and a maid kissed his cheek. They are for me. "Why?" he asked Pate. "What am I to them?"
"A knight who remembered his vows,"
the smith said...

[...]

Heartsick, Dunk wheeled Thunder and raced back and forth before the tiers of pale cold men. Despair made him shout. "ARE THERE NO TRUE KNIGHTS AMONG YOU?"

Only silence answered.

Across the field, Prince Aerion laughed. "The dragon is not mocked," he called out.

Then came a voice. "I will take Ser Duncan's side."...

The accusers were thrown into confusion, Dunk could see. Prince Maekar spurred his mount forward. "Brother, have you taken leave of your senses?" He pointed a mailed finger at Dunk. "This man attacked my son."

"This man protected the weak, as every true knight must," replied Prince Baelor.

The Red Wedding, the fight between Oberyn and the Mountain, Dany riding Drogon for the first time, Dany killing Drogo, the conversation between Cat and Jaime at the end of Clash and the conversation between Cat and Brienne about her children. Jon's speech before he kills Jonos. Tyrion killing Tywin. Jaime reading Cersei's letter... Arya who leaves the hound behind. The chapter in Storm where Littlefinger kills Lysa.

So much moments, but these are all I can think of at this moment, but I know there are many more. 

Oh and the whole chapter when Brienne is at Quiet Isle! And and Renly's death just hit me really hard.

Not the usual things but the scene when Cat  calls her father's bannerman to arrest tyrion always gives me goosebumps. Though what she did was foolish I love Cat in that scene. 

yea I do like the way this is written. Just after the first read knowing what a folly it all is takes away from it on rereads 

Well for starters: "A shadow fell across them both, blotting out the sun. The queen felt cold steel slide beneath her, a pair of great armored arms lifting her off the ground, lifting her up into the air as easily as she had lifted Joffrey when he was still a babe.

A giant, thought Cersei, dizzy, as he carried her with great strides toward the gatehouse.

She had heard that giants could still be found in the godless wild beyond the Wall.That is just a tale. Am I dreaming?No. Her savior was real. Eight feet tall or maybe taller, with legs as thick around as trees, he had a chest worthy of a plow horse and shoulders that would not disgrace an ox. His armor was plate steel, enameled white and bright as a maiden’s hopes, and worn over gilded mail. A greathelm hid his face. From its crest streamed seven silken plumes in the rainbow colors of the Faith. A pair of golden seven-pointed stars clasped his billowing cloak at the shoulders.

A white cloak.

Ser Kevan had kept his part of the bargain. Tommen, her precious little boy, had named her champion to the Kingsguard. Cersei never saw where Qyburn came from, but suddenly he was there beside them, scrambling to keep up with her champion’s long strides. “Your Grace,” he said, “it is so good to have you back. May I have the honor of presenting our newest member of the Kingsguard? This is Ser Robert Strong.” “Ser Robert,” Cersei whispered, as they entered the gates. “If it please Your Grace, Ser Robert has taken a holy vow of silence,” Qyburn said. “He has sworn that he will not speak until all of His Grace’s enemies are dead and evil has been driven from the realm.” Yes, thought Cersei Lannister. Oh, yes

Bolded are all the parts that give me goosebumps.

"Groleo." the exact moment I realized how much we've needed a Barristan POV.

"And what of my wrath Lord Stark?" http://imgur.com/ssBZhCs

The birth of dragons is almost too obvious but yea.

Also the entirety of the Mercy chapter.

Archived