Cersei is knight of laughing tree

purple-eyes

I saw this on app and I was surprised. 

"Occasionally cersei dons Jiame's clothes and take lessons from master at arms in the stead of Jaime, and no one recognized."

So cersei also trained secretly with weapons, like lyanna. 

And we know that Aerys thought the knight of laughing tree was Jaime. 

So probably the knight had a similar height or eye color as Jaime. ( can we see eyes through helm? I guess so) 

Here you go, lyanna is not the only woman who can be a secret warrior. 

Cersei is taking lessons directly from master at arms of casterly rock! 

Compared to use some wooden sword secretly with a little benjen in the backyard, cersei was receiving professional high level training designed for Jaime! (You know how good jiame is in fight and jousting)

And tywin did not go to HH tourney, but since cersei loved rhaegar and Jaime, it is not surprising that she followed secretly with uncle kevan and attended tourney. Then she somehow saw howland reed, and she wanted to catch eyes of rhaegar, so she played as knight of laughing tree. 

Why heart tree? Because their ancestor and founder lann the clever was supposed to be from first men and in casterly rock they have a twisted weirwood. Twisted. You know the laughing tree shield had a twisted laughing face, which I am sure is a sign that cersei laughs at Aerys since he refused to marry her to rhaegar. 

Then she left after the jousting. But she was somehow found by kevan that night so she was sent back( this is why kevan said lyanna can not outshine cersei like torch over rising sun. And rhaegar would never look at lyanna if he knew it was cersei) 

the next day cersei did not show up, then rhaegar was sent to look for her, then he only tracked to howland reed and lyanna. 

So he thought lyanna is the hero then he honored her. Which is a total wrong action. 

Did I miss the text by GRRM that have Maggy the Frog telling Cersei that she will become a secret knight/warrior after avenging a little crannogman from three terrible squires?? Cersei have a good heart after all? :rolleyes:

Anybody can have a little bit of good heart. 

A 15 year old cersei must be proud, willful as well as fierce.

Or Maybe she just wanted to show off her jousting skill plus attracting rhaegar. 

Since we're going all out on theories let's not stop here. 

I say Lysa Tully was the Knight of the Laughing Tree, what the hell let's throw in Olenna Redwyne. 

mine has surely more proof than yours. 

1. Cersei was secretly trained. 

2. Aerys thought it was her twin brother Jaime. 

I say Lysa Tully was the Knight of the Laughing Tree, what the hell let's throw in Olenna Redwyne. 

I nominate Aerys himself. Dude was so crazy by then he had multiple personalities. He was like, "Capture that man!" in full rage while at the same time whispering, "You'll never catch me!"

While we are fantasizing about Olenna Redwyne being the Knight of the Laughing Tree, I choose to imagine her taking off her armour only to reveal Diana Rigg from the sixties and she's wearing one of her sexy catsuits from The Avengers TV show.

I didn't think Cersei was at Harrenhall. Tywin took Cersei with him when he went back to Casterly Rock after quiting as Hand, and he is noted for being absent from the tournament. TWOIAF says Lannister bannermen were present, but there's no mention of Cersei.

I didn't think Cersei was at Harrenhall. Tywin took Cersei with him when he went back to Casterly Rock after quiting as Hand, and he is noted for being absent from the tournament. TWOIAF says Lannister bannermen were present, but there's no mention of Cersei.

I know that. But she can secretly attend with uncle kevan. 

This is a big event for Jaime, maybe she does not want to miss it. 

Plus there is rhaegar. 

I know that. But she can secretly attend with uncle kevan. 

This is a big event for Jaime, maybe she does not want to miss it. 

Plus there is rhaegar. 

No wonder Cersei is so jealous of Lyanna. Maybe it's a good thing Aerys sent Jaime back to the capital or the fair wolf maid might have stolen his heart, too. :P

No wonder Cersei is so jealous of Lyanna. Maybe it's a good thing Aerys sent Jaime back to the capital or the fair wolf maid might have stolen his heart, too. :P

Where did you conclude that Jaime will fall in love with lyanna?

Isn it she Mary Sue enough already?

How about this, Maybe every man at the tourney love this fair wolf maid? The light of the realm? 

Maybe All smile died because all men hated rhaegar had chance to woo lyanna and all women felt jealous at beautiful lyanna? 

Or maybe the whole tourney was planned to hail the most beautiful woman lyanna stark?

by the way, jiame was in tourney for one day at least and he did not even have any impression over lyanna stark during his so many pov chapters. Stole his heart? Seriously? 

You know what?  I rolled my eyes at the thread title and was ready to dismiss it completely but you actually have a couple of good points of supporting evidence.  We don't know much about Cersei at this age but we do know she was wilful and always wanted to be like Jaime (or a man in general) and be allowed to do what they did. I don't personally believe this one but I'll admit it's possible.  It's certainly no worse or less valid than a lot of the theories on this board!  Main thing against it is that she was unlikely to give 2 hoots about a little crannogman.

Definitely an out of the box theory.  However unless she wore face obscuring shabby armor the entire time she was there, was willing to put up with not being far from Rheagar, and could find a male who was willing to risk the wrath of Tywin Lannister to get her on the lists, (If the vetting process was anything like the D&E stories) I'm pretty sure it wouldn't happen.

I'd like to see the source for that information. It sounds suspiciously like a presumptuous, and possibly misleading, summary of this paragraph from ACoK, Sansa VI:

The queen’s face was hard and angry. “Would that I could take a sword to their necks myself.” Her voice was starting to slur. “When we were little, Jaime and I were so much alike that even our lord father could not tell us apart. Sometimes as a lark we would dress in each other’s clothes and spend a whole day each as the other. Yet even so, when Jaime was given his first sword, there was none for me. ‘What do I get?’ I remember asking. We were so much alike, I could never understand why they treated us so differently. Jaime learned to fight with sword and lance and mace, while I was taught to smile and sing and please. He was heir to Casterly Rock, while I was to be sold to some stranger like a horse, to be ridden whenever my new owner liked, beaten whenever he liked, and cast aside in time for a younger filly. Jaime’s lot was to be glory and power, while mine was birth and moonblood.”

Does anyone know if there is a better source for the app's claim?

Archived